WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2021

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,195 Member
    Colder night, but the day has dawned flawless! Endless blue sky. :D
    I slept! Hoooray!

I'm getting so near to finishing the first draft of the 2nd vol of my memoir. Very first draft. I'm on the last 6 months of my school days. Scary. I hate editing and the process of making a book. I haven't opened my laptop in months and I need it for the editing job. It will get done, once I've got over my nerves. At the moment, the book is far too long for the binding that matches my other ones.

Skate tonight, with capers and 'beurre noire'. Broccoli. White wine.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    The Alphabet Challenge is done! :)

60gks08k45ix.png

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,060 Member
    edited February 2021
    Morning ladies. Enjoying another pleasant spring day. We will go for a walk after DH finishes his ZOOM yoga class. I have already done several short workouts, and am ready for my breakfast. I'm trying to do an 10am - 8pm IF eating window at the minute.

@Machka9 - I took a couple of free days on the Alphabet Challenge so still have Y and Z to do.

@cityjaneLondon - I really must get back to my memoir. I think I need to be more disciplined in scheduling wrtiting time for it. I get sidetracked so easily these days.

@Snowflake1968 said...
    Does anyone else have the “thinking circle” continuously when in the community posts? I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it didn’t fix it.

I get it on my iPhone, but it doesn't seem to affect the performance or speed so I just ignore it.

February Alphabet Challenge:

1. A - Aerobic Dance video:
    https://youtu.be/yN3GgCUmmXw

2. B - I had to exercise in my bedroom today as it was bucketing with rain.
    3. C - I did some chair yoga today.
    4. D - Dawdled to our local park.
    5. E - Endurance circuit
    6. F - 2 sets of 10 seconds of forward lunges, front raises, fire hydrant side leg raises, fast feet, and forward bends.
    7. G - Generosity - I was generous to DH today and went out with him for a walk, despite it being bitterly cold.
    di4qfvlweo31.jpg

8 H - Walked to the Hawe Road roundabout and out into the countryside, past a local farm with a pedigree Angus herd .
    9. I - Interval training today.
    10. J - We got our appointments for our vaccine jabs on 10 Feb.
    11. K - Walked past Knightsbridge to Kilmaine and home again.
    12. Free day
    13. L - We went for a walk along the Belfast Lockshore today. Met my daughter walking one of her dogs.
    14. M - I started today with a mindfulness meditation It was very relaxing.
    15. N - I did a selection of stretching exercises for my neck during my yoga practice today.
    16. O - 30 minutes of circuits today targeting my oblique muscles. Let's hope I don't feel the burn after that.
    17. P - after my physio today I did several sets of push-ups and a short Pilates workout.
    18. Q - I did a legs workout targeting my quad muscles
    19. R - I worked on regular progression in strength exercises by increasing the repetitions I perform.
    20. S - This morning I subscribed to a series on YouTube of exercises for seniors. I have already done two of them. https://youtu.be/Hfdajt9lWFo https://youtu.be/up6_0bYtxqA
    21. T - Worked the triceps with an arms circuit workout.
    22. U - Got pumped up,with a dance session to the Ultra Europe 2018 https://youtu.be/BWmJw4zLrXY
    23. V - A good workout for the vertebrae https://youtu.be/EDB58_1K0NQ

24. W - HIIT Walk
    25. Free day
    26. X - Xtraining: . I found this Xfit video on YouTube. I had to modify some of the exercises, but otherwise it was fine. https://youtu.be/P1g6tZg8eTo
    27. Y -
    28. Z -

☘️ Terri
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,330 Member
    Got testing done yesterday. Amazing how tired sitting around hospital labs for several hours can make you. PET scan was scheduled at main campus and CT at one of the clinic locations. PET scan staff arranged for CT staff at main hospital to fit me in there. Saved me driving to other location with iv still in. Also, that had me leaving OSU at about the same time original test would have had check in. PET scan results posted and there is nothing I read in it pointing to anything alarming (of course, I just read for things like "signs of metastasis and things like that). CT should get posted today. Doctor or his staff is good about calling soon after doctor reviews tests.

New dining table and chairs set to arrive today. Once I get them set up will post pics of new furniture.

Off to do stretches and get to work. Getting off a bit earlier today for gym. My boss has pt there this am and I am going in while she is there so we can get a brief visit in.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Enjoying reading skimming reading skimming in bits.

Thanks for all of you who weighed in on dentist. I canceled and asked him to send me the bill for work done. I wonder how he's going to bill the temp crown that isn't one. The person on the phone said, "he'll contact you to let you know if you have to come by to get the bill or if he can send it." he's nearly an hour away and didn't want to give it to me last time. I'm not spending 2 hours to pick up a bill.weird!I hope he doesn't give me grief. I still need to find a replacement person.

machka i like the living room options and approach. (white would get too dirty for me!)

barbie, you sound so happy: you like all seasons and all means of communication!

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    i feel off kilter today and this week in general, relatively speaking.not horrible but definitely not my best.

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2021
    Machka: Preferred communication--I received a card from my granddaughter in yesterday’s mail. I plan to write her back. :heart: I also like to use telephone, facetime, zoom, and email. Letters are nice and a rare gift.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,604 Member
    Hello everyone.
    It is the last Friday of the month....wow! Spring is coming fast. I slipped down the lazy slope at home and am trying to pull out of it. I finally caught up here. Last Sunday I was SUPER LAZY! I stayed in bed watching stupid videos and shows until 3 pm. Got dressed, went to dinner with friends. Came home and curled back in bed! Good thing I got things done on Saturday. I had to get a new washer/dryer. My old Maytags were 16 y/o. Washer got a hole in drum. Husband called our local appliance store, asked for recommendations, and bought sight unseen. They delivered my Electrolux set on Saturday. I am pleased with them. I do need to order drawer pedestals though. They are super low!
    Husbands.....I married straight out of high school. We are still friends, but divorced after 13 years. I wasn't happy. My daughters both said we were both happier once divorced, even though we rarely fought. Current husband -sworn bachelor! Then he met me.🙄 We have been together since 1994. Married since 2009. Not always easy, but lots of love. Like others , he spends a lot of time in the man cave. We do work together though. I don't plan on another should something happen to him. I am not opposed to companionship, but separate homes a must! Housework......when I moved in with him I was deeply in debt, my contribution to household was groceries, cooking, and housework. He keeps man cave and outside stuffs for most part. I get excited when he empties the dishwasher! He is the neat one though. I am the messy one. I rarely have to pick up after him. He does clear the dishes after we eat. Like Lisa- I know I CAN handle more challenging things in the home, but am happy to have him do those things as he is able. Finances..... We are both on all accounts, yet things are still separate. His account pays electric, propane, car and house insurances, and dinners out. I pay satellite, internet, water, groceries, and life insurances. We both pay our own credit cards. The only debt we carry is my youngest daughter's home. They pay us, but we hold the mortgage. I am hoping that they will be able to get their own mortgage in the next couple of years, just for everyone's peace of mind.
    Going to send this before I move and lose it. More to follow.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,604 Member
    I was right. Screen switched! So glad I posted. 😉 Back to finances, I handle them all but he knows what is going on. We have three rental properties also. Loaning/helping family......I helped my oldest daughter with expenses while she was in college as I could with conditions. She followed those conditions(sometimes took some days to think about decisions she wanted to make). I am cosigner on most of her student loans for lower interest. Those will be paid off in July! She hasn't missed a payment. We helped her when they were buying a house with the down payment. We were paid back in 6 months. Youngest daughter....well....i call her a princess....they have made a lot of poor decisions. And struggled lots. I have helped with the understanding that she owes me. I dont count on it, but am happy when it happens. The first tine she paid me back was after i told her that she couldn't get her nose pierced if she still owed me money! I didn't care if she was married and a mother of two, if she owed me money, she was still a child. A year later I was paid in full! She had outgrown nose piercing by then😉 Fast forward a few years, lots of poor decisions, now live near us in a home we bought for them. As I said they pay the mortgage and most of bills. I have helped lots. There is a running total of owe me. I don't stress about it. I couldn't help if I couldn't afford. Husband not as forgiving with it. So when they start paying back, it will be what they owe him first, then me. (Again that separate thing). I call her my slot machine that gives hugs! They are getting there. When she didn't work, she cleaned my house and ran errands to help pay off some things. I will say that the only thing I have helped with lately was the emergency root canal. I don't loan money to friends and the rest of my family is well off.

Favorite seasons in order 1. summer. I love the heat, flowers and sunshine. Spring for new beginnings. Fall for pretty leaves and vacation. Winter well....I hate the cold! Love looking at pretty snow.

Communication- prefer person to person when possible. I am a people person! Text for short sweet not immediate issues. Phone calls for more urgent. Rarely check personal emails. Love getting notes in mail. FB I scroll but tend to watch videos more. My family is across the US, so is helpful for pictures and news.

Thank you ladies for all continuing to be here!
    Healing thoughts for those healing!
    HUGS for all!
    THANKFUL for ALL of you! You help me realize that I am not alone in the challenges of this thing called life.
    Spring cleaning and organizing at work. Speaking of which, I should get ready. Oh, I was so cold last night! Husband brought me another blanket and put it on me. I slept like a baby. Sheet, comforter, weighted blanket, and fuzzy blanket! Love that he did that! We do sleep together, but since he wears a CPAP machine we rarely cuddle. I do miss that warmth, but live that he and I sleep better because of the machine.

Gotta go!
    ❤❤❤🤗🤗🤗🤗🦋🦋🦋
    Kylia in Ohio where spring is trying to come early!
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited February 2021
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all...

Kylia - good to see you posting, dear heart, and glad to hear you're indulging in a down day or two.

Allie - it really is OK to sleep when you're tired and be up whenever your body is ready to be up. When I start getting worried and obsessed about sleep is when it's hardest for me to actually get any sleep. I just let it jump on me when it wants to...
    :blush:

Julie - What a truly weird thing for a professional dentist to do, to possibly force someone to come to your office to get their bill! Sounds awful shady to me...

On my side, I am truly loving being sixty. No matter what today's kerfuffle, I know that it will pass. Good, bad or indifferent, everything passes. It's utterly reassuring, in all honesty, especially when I'm baffled by others, which I am fairly often. It's actually easier to be a decent person (though some might argue about whether I AM a decent person or not), and being a good person honestly takes much less energy.

Speaking of which, got a call from my hubby on Tuesday morning saying that he'd seen this truck on Facebook marketplace for sale for an amazing price, and wanted to know what I thought about it. He sent a message to them saying he was interested, and they sent back saying the truck was in Springfield, MO (about three hours away), and they would get him more information over email. They did, he got a long email saying the truck was at a car dealership called Family Velocity Motors in Springfield, that the person had moved to Maine, and that the truck had been advertised nationwide, and that to protect themselves as well as him for payment, would let eBay services reach out to set up payment for purchase and delivery, if he would send them his phone number. He asked me to check it out... so I did.

Even though Family Velocity Motors in Springfield was listed on Google, including an address, the phone number on the Google listing didn't work. The website didn't even list a phone number... but I did find a website for Velocity Motors in Springfield, at the same address. Called them, and their automated voice answer said, "If you are looking for Family Velocity, it is a scam. They have used our phone number, our address and part of our name and are trying to get money out of people for vehicles that don't exist. Thank you."

These scam artists put in a fair bit of effort to get money out of people for nothing. I will never understand the workings of the criminal mind. Wonder how many people fell for that bit?

Shaking my head in Arkansas,
    Later, y'all,
    Lisa
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    edited February 2021
    The check in question was to pay off my Target Bill. I paid it at the store at customer service. So I believe someone at Target or the bank took the check after it went through. In the future I will pay it on line. I do many of my bill that way but not all. I think that will change. This was a bill I paid two months ago. What they do is hold onto the check and recash it a few month later. I do not who they made the check out to it just said check in the by line. It would not let me see the check. It just said check written in the details. Others checks I am allowed to see it on line. The bank should have caught it since it had been cashed once before.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Lisa: - Bravo on sussing out the scammers. Fortune favours the vigilant!
  • TerriRichardson112
    Margaret: - Good on you, too. If only these people would put as much effort into legal activities ,..
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Lisa- you are right...i didnt nap except for about 1/2 hr yesterday morning.. and stayed awake and I was still awake at midnight last night. Its crazy...
    Oh well .. im trying to do little things to get my place picked up.
    And will go for a walk in a bit..
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    From a Wonderful world of Flowers. Have a pink day!

our4glca7lb8.jpg
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,522 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    p47x6d9hpzl1.jpeg

Nice!

Is that a cycling path and if so, where is it?

M in Oz

This is walking distance to where we live and only..40 mi further from where we will b moving to. It’s the Woodward Park trail. From beginning to end I ran it one day to see how long it it, it’s 3.5miles. It’s a biking, walking, jogging trail. They have the worse bicyclists here. Majority don’t day “on your left” when riding up behind you. Some go too fast for how busy it can be, especially on the weekends
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    I went to the vet and got more heartworm yesterday. No reason to leave the house today. When I worked, I longed for lazy days like this. Moderation in all things!

Annie in Delaware