Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Motivation and Support
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Women 200lb+, Let's Keep On Fighting This February!!!

Replies

• starlite19starlite19 Member Posts: 36 Member Member Posts: 36 Member
    Thanks @KeriA I got in some light walking in today hope to do more tomorrow but was way over my calories for the day.
  • pearsonlinda30pearsonlinda30 Member Posts: 12 Member Member Posts: 12 Member
    I often think I'm ok with technology, then I realize I'm not. How do you guys come to on each other's posts ? Do you have to be friends?
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Member Posts: 1,872 Member Member Posts: 1,872 Member
    Still bouncing around the 50 pounds lost mark. I'd really like to start losing again but I also know that cutting my calories any more at this point will set off the disordered eating mess, and I am not willing to go to the gym until I'm vaccinated, so that's just that.

Boyfriend is logging calories and working on pulling his snacking in, so that he can lose weight he put on while dealing with trauma. Now that he's on therapy and on meds, he is finding that he can face the idea of putting limits on his snacking without total panic hitting. We're just observing and keeping a paper log so that we know what snacks work best for him and what we could eliminate without a lot of fuss.
  • goal06082021goal06082021 Member Posts: 524 Member Member Posts: 524 Member
    I often think I'm ok with technology, then I realize I'm not. How do you guys come to on each other's posts ? Do you have to be friends?

What do you mean, the @ tagging? No, you don't need to be friends to tag someone, just type @(their username) - the desktop site will even pop up a list when you start typing and you can select from there, because if you spell the username wrong it won't work. So i can't just @ pearsonlinda to tag you, i have to type @pearsonlinda30.

(Edit: turns out there is actually a user called "pearsonlinda," no numbers - i put a space after the @ to remove the tag, so as not to tag a random person. But if you're still around, pearsonlinda, you're welcome to join this excellent group!)
    edited February 23
  • xxxtarable27xxxxxxtarable27xxx Member Posts: 56 Member Member Posts: 56 Member
    Height: 5'2"

Original MFP weight:292 lbs. (Started November 6, 2020)😢
    February Start Weight:250 lbs.👍
    February Goal Weight:240 lbs.⭐
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 150 lbs.⭐

I do weigh in's on Mondays.✔
    Current Weight: 239 lbs. on February 22, 2021.
    I've lost a total of 53 lbs. since November.

February 1: 250 lbs.
    February 8: 247 lbs.
    February 15: Snowed In and didn't weigh.
    February 22: 239 lbs.
    March 1:

Goals For the Month is to
    -Continue to maintain a healthy diet.🥗
    -Make sure I am weighing everything.
    -Watch Sodium Intake. (Not required by doctor, but is my choice.)
    -Drink more water💦
    -Go to the Gym more (Go with my Zumba instructor at 4:30am to workout.) 🏋️‍♀️
    -More Routine on my weekends.

Goals For the Year is to
    -Become a healthier person🏋️‍♀️
    -Love myself 💕
  • WasteNotWenchWasteNotWench Member Posts: 15 Member Member Posts: 15 Member
    Height: 5'6-7"
    Starting weight: 242lbs
    Weigh in day: Mondays.

February progress (SW: 242)
    Feb 8: 239 (-3lb)
    Feb 15: 236 (-3lb)
    Feb 22: 233.5 (-2.5lb)
    Goal loss: -6lb
    Actual loss: -8.5lb

Really happy to have surpassed my goal this month! I know I'm still early into this whole weight loss journey thing but I'm really pleased with how far I've come so far :blush: I've found having step goals as motivation each day has really motivated me so far. I'm aiming for 7k a day but last week I averaged over 10,000 :smiley: I think I'm going to go for 10k a day in March! It's a looonnggg month and I may be biting off more than I can chew but I'm determined to get this badge on my Garmin watch for doing it haha.

Goals for this week
    1. Walk every day
    2. Track everyday
    3. Steps cardio at least 4x
    4. Lose 1.5lb (to even it up!)
    5. Start waking up before 8am again. I feel so much better and more motivated when I get an early start. It's when I stay up late at night that my diet goes to pot!
    @goal06082021 much easier than I thought
  • kali31337kali31337 Member, Premium Posts: 997 Member Member, Premium Posts: 997 Member
    @pearsonlinda30 Glad to be of service, LOL!

Are you a moderator or abstainer? Can you moderate treats - if there is a box of chocolates in the house, can you plan to have two each day, adjust the rest of your meals for the day to make room for those 250 calories, and stick to that? Or is it the case where if there is a box of chocolates in the house, you will grab one every time you walk by and eat them all unless and until someone else does, so the only way to not eat 1000 calories worth of chocolates in a single day is to not have them in the house? It's not better or worse to be one way or the other, just a useful thing to know about yourself and how you operate. I'm an abstainer when it comes to things like that - for Christmas one year, a relative got me and my husband a box of chocolate truffles from Costco (so it was like two pounds of truffles - aka an unreasonably huge number of truffles). I kept them in the fridge, and could not stop myself from grabbing one, or two, or five, every time I went into the kitchen...and I sure did find a lot of reasons to go into the kitchen...until they were gone. It took a week. So, the way to not gorge myself on chocolates and candies is to simply not keep them in the house (the converse is also true: if there are chocolates and candies in the house, I will eat them until they are gone irrespective of calorie content. My husband is useless for helping me with this, as he doesn't have the same compulsion/sweet tooth, and also thinks I love them so he wants to save them for me. Bless him.). I do find that I'm able to moderate better when things are individually packaged; so, taking a big bag of chocolate-covered almonds, portioning them out into 1-oz cups, and pre-logging that snack for the week makes it easier to not eat all of them at once.

Gosh I'm totally an abstainer and EVERY time I think that I'm a moderator, I eat the entire bag of whatever I have. So I have learned it's better to just get the pack of M&Ms when I want them rather than getting something that's individually wrapped and may be lower calories than M&Ms but comes in a pack that blows the M&M calories out of the water...looking at you Ghirardelli chocolate squares
  • goal06082021goal06082021 Member Posts: 524 Member Member Posts: 524 Member
    @kali31337 right?? if I want some g.d. M&M's that badly I'll have a much easier time if I just budget 250 cal for a packet of them out of the vending machine.

The freezer is also a friend to abstainers, I've found. "Out of sight, out of mind" mostly works - there's so much other stuff in the freezer that I need to think about, like the ground beef I need to thaw for Monday night's meatloaf and the frozen pork chops for next Wednesday, etc., etc., that I can't fixate on the Thin Mints I also have in there right now (I never claimed to be perfect, but it HAS been nearly four days since those Brownies shook me down* and the box is still unopened, so I'm counting that as a win).

(*I kid, of course. I used to be a Girl Scout, I know how important the cookie sales are, I throw a few bucks at a booth when I see them. Hopefully my five dollars** will go toward the Most Amazing Camporee Ever in 2022, since I'm sure they can't have one this year.)

(**five entire dollars!! when I sold 'em they were tree fiddy, and the box had almost twice as many cookies in it!)

edit to add
    @MuttiNM you're doing amazing!!! And yeah, you picked a bad week to visit the so-called sunshine state, LOL. I'm way down at the other end of the state, nobody down here is ever ready for it to be cold. I'm glad you and your son had fun!
    edited February 24