What can you not let go of?

Replies

• 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member
    Pretty much everything I've ever done wrong in my life. Other than that I'm fiiiiine.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    My family's negative views about my weight since I was a child. These words have engrained themselves into me and I let them still hurt my self-esteem decades later.

- My dad worked out of the country for many months at a time. One year when I was in high school, he came back and the first thing the said was "God, you got fat".
    - My mom was big when she was young and I blamed many fat-assery on my genetics once, bringing up that she was overweight as a teen. Her response? "I was never as fat as you are".
    - My paternal grandpa making comments about my weight at the dinner table in front of guests, and when I cried he said "you should be ashamed of yourself."

You realize how toxic that was, right? I hope you've risen above all those comments as an adult and accept yourself for the wonderful human being that you are. I've had many a negative thing said to me about my size, mostly from strangers, but it still doesn't take the sting out of the words. But I cannot imagine relatives saying those things. :( People who are supposed to have your back and be a safe place to land. Damn'em. And something like that does tend to loop in a person's mind. :(
    {{HUGS}}
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Has anyone said mfp? 😬

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47dsxk8avv47px5a39xm8ut100r25v7u92kbvfucpf&rid=giphy.gif

I knew it was just meee!! 😭

Aw naw. I’ve tried to leave a thousand times. There really isn’t anything here for me anymore. I don’t diet. I’m not on a weight loss “journey.” If anything, that stuff is detrimental to my mental and physical health. Most of the people I got close with here now communicate with me in other ways. I guess I’m just an addict.
  • ReenieHJ
    Has anyone said mfp? 😬

Aw naw. I’ve tried to leave a thousand times. There really isn’t anything here for me anymore. I don’t diet. I’m not on a weight loss “journey.” If anything, that stuff is detrimental to my mental and physical health. Most of the people I got close with here now communicate with me in other ways. I guess I’m just an addict.

You won't leave if you know what's good for you. Addictions can be a good thing. Think about this...if you left, found some other addiction, it could be wayyyy better worse than this one.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member
    My login streak. Lol. I would be so mad if I lost it.
  • woollenmonarch
    woollenmonarch Posts: 152 Member
    My mfp ex wives
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    Old purses. I always just stuff the old one away like I’m going to use it ever again or actually clean it out. 😅
    I’m actually doing something new atm where I’ve bought the new purse but it’s the one hanging out in my closet while I stroll around with my worn out purse.

Yeah this is me too. Although I do clean them out before I put them away. There is also a little queue of new purses-in-waiting that I'm going to use... some day...
  • ReenieHJ
    @Kosmoskitten Unbelievable how some people can be. :( People you thought were friends, telling your innermost secrets to, confiding in them. :( Then it all comes back to bite you. I'm sorry @rap like that has happened to you. Thankfully there are good people out there. It's especially a sad thing when family is like that. Just a few words can rip your heart out and steal any chance of a healthy self-esteem away. I hate it when people don't think how their words can affect others; a parent and child should be one of the most loving and trusted relationships on earth but sadly it's not. :( Even a seemingly innocent comment can be turned around in a child's mind but when a parent comes right out and degrades a child.........So sad and life-altering. :(
    If your mother is still treating you like that, I hope you're standing up for yourself. Some people remain toxic their whole life; they'll never change. But you certainly don't have to continue to listen.
    ((HUGS))
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Bucket hats... 😄
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,612 Member
    Taco soup...make it so many times.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    @Kosmoskitten Unbelievable how some people can be. :( People you thought were friends, telling your innermost secrets to, confiding in them. :( Then it all comes back to bite you. I'm sorry @rap like that has happened to you. Thankfully there are good people out there. It's especially a sad thing when family is like that. Just a few words can rip your heart out and steal any chance of a healthy self-esteem away. I hate it when people don't think how their words can affect others; a parent and child should be one of the most loving and trusted relationships on earth but sadly it's not. :( Even a seemingly innocent comment can be turned around in a child's mind but when a parent comes right out and degrades a child.........So sad and life-altering. :(
    If your mother is still treating you like that, I hope you're standing up for yourself. Some people remain toxic their whole life; they'll never change. But you certainly don't have to continue to listen.
    ((HUGS))

I go out of my way to talk to her as little as possible or spend as little time in her presence as possible. She's mellowed out a lot in some ways, but not in others. I'll love her because she's my mom, but I'm cautious enough to limit my exposure around her and some other family members for numerous reasons. :heart:
  • chuckle_bunny
    chuckle_bunny Posts: 496 Member
    Clearance rack underwear at Ross 💁‍♀️
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,612 Member

I tried this...the cut was slightly off😂front wedgie all day
  • chuckle_bunny
    chuckle_bunny Posts: 496 Member

I tried this...the cut was slightly off😂front wedgie all day
    Some dudes are into that 😅
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Has anyone said mfp? 😬

These days I more so just come in here when for some unknown reason I'm compelled to do so... Or to promote my podcast 🤷🏽‍♂️...

This place will always be a part of me, there are just waves that have already been absorbed by my brain that will never leave I suppose 🤷🏽‍♂️...
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    All mfp crushes 😍
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    Apparently, I had a hard time getting rid of the phone number I've had for 25 years, and then, when I found out the bill would be cheaper keeping the phone (even tho I don't talk to anyone), I kept the number.

25 YEARS!!!!!!