Daily Habit Checkin

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Morning was lame inspecting yards and chasing a skunk and cats up and down the hill to the river.

you do know what happens if you CATCH a skunk, don't you?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,546 Member
    edited September 2021
    No, she's up and hungry
    Me away 🥺🥺🥺💩💩💩
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    It is still too hot to walk here even if I wanted to or could…..I hate the heat here….it is nice Jan and feb
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,594 Member
    It has finally cooled off here - now we can walk past 9 am....I was not enjoying having to get up at 6! Hope you are feeling better soon, Connie! And that you can and join the daily checkin again!
  • PAV8888
    unfortunately skunks are so slow that even the previous old-timer would catch the slow moving rabbits... this one is up to catching full-on rabbits in spite of having maybe ONE paw still fully functional. OK, she HAS slowed down noticeably this year but she can still pull a burst of speed! So I do my best to handicap her by hanging on to the lead while she's dragging me along the ground acting as a bit of an anchor so to speak... also the husky part doesn't find the anchor thing TOO disconcerting, so I try to make noises along the lines of NO NO NO BAD DOG STOP BAD DOG STOP STOP NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • conniewilkins56
    It has finally cooled off here - now we can walk past 9 am....I was not enjoying having to get up at 6! Hope you are feeling better soon, Connie! And that you can and join the daily checkin again!

I am going to get back at it in the morning…complete new reset…do 1 pound calories a few days and then back to 1 1/2 pounds….I have some errands that have to be done in the morning and I am going to try to at least walk in the pool a little and do weights in the water….I have really let myself slide back this week….spending time with my son and DIL today was very good therapy…my knee looks awful but it is feeling a little better….I have eaten so much sugar that I am carb overloaded and I feel like a slug!…my chest hurting is annoying but I think it is from hanging onto the dog so she wouldn’t kill the bug man and not from the fall…I have felt pretty useless the past few days!
  • PAV8888
    See... you've almost had the "dog on her way to eat things dragging Connie behind her while attacking" experience!!!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    unfortunately skunks are so slow that even the previous old-timer would catch the slow moving rabbits... this one is up to catching full-on rabbits in spite of having maybe ONE paw still fully functional. OK, she HAS slowed down noticeably this year but she can still pull a burst of speed! So I do my best to handicap her by hanging on to the lead while she's dragging me along the ground acting as a bit of an anchor so to speak... also the husky part doesn't find the anchor thing TOO disconcerting, so I try to make noises along the lines of NO NO NO BAD DOG STOP BAD DOG STOP STOP NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

ive never had a dog have a run in with a skunk, surprisingly, but i have had a cat meet one.

it wasnt allowed inside for weeks.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,724 Member
    edited September 2021
    Haven't updated on my accountabilities recently. I don't want to jinx myself, but things seem to be going well on the habit-forming front. The hydration seems nailed down solidly, as does the daily weighing (of myself and my food), the logging, the exercise. It helps that I don't think of the walking and cycling as 'exercise' (with all its connotations of sadistic school PE teachers), so much as fun activity. I've not been so good at doing my stretches/gravity yoga so I'm still as stiff as a skinflint's flannel, but I figure I can make more of an effort to work on my flexibility when I no longer have a big belly and boobs getting in the way when I try to touch my toes.

2l98pcx92uam.png

• PAV8888
    edited September 2021
    Yesterday was just 10.5k. but I did manage to sneak in an extra 7k between midnight and going to bed! (Steps, not km! I wish it were km!!!)
  • conniewilkins56
    Yesterday was just 10.5k. but I did manage to sneak in an extra 7k between midnight and going to bed! (Steps, not km! I wish it were km!!!)

Where do you get that many steps in the middle of the night?…and be safe on your trip!
  • lauriekallis
    Such a nice time to walk, PAV! All calm and peaceful where you are at that time of night?

Sept 6

✅ 15,000 steps - 28,0416 :)
    ✅ calorie deficit - 1,893
    ✅ 7 hours sleep - 10:40 to 7:24 (fitbit counted 7hr 43)

Feels good to be back in this groove. No hunger. No cravings. Smiles stepping on the scale.

I've half read/half skimmed through The Hacker's Diet - and he mentions hitting certain weights where the body seems especially stable. I think I've been there this year...he suggests as a last resort to do something to break the equilibrium - and that is what I have been doing the past few weeks. It seems to be working. I've finally broke through my "glass floor" and am close to my lowest weight which was back in February.

Though it goes against so many rules and logic it seems that when I was eating in the 1500-2000 range my body was finding a way to get by without really burning fat, or sending me on a one or two day feeding fest to refill its stores every month or so - but still never more than ??? 1000 above maintenance on my worst days - and usually not anywhere near that.

There is no way in *Kitten* that I shouldn't have been losing weight over the past 6 months. My calories consumed were way below what I should have been burning - enough below to leave a very generous amount of room for errors - and I was almost always being very careful about logging what I ate.

"Gradual" loss just doesn't seem to work for me - so I am giving up on that for now and just going full speed ahead to get to my goal. (I know, PAV, I know.)
  • conniewilkins56
    Laurie I think you might have found it!….I have been basically doing the same thing….the new me likes this weight I have had for 6 to 8 months!….this last binge has had me scratching my head….I am going back to basics….eating less, exercising more until I break this barrier….a few weeks of less calories is not going to make my teeth or hair fall out or other mishaps….I will eat more in a couple weeks!….we got this!
  • PAV8888
    Where do you get that many steps in the middle of the night?…and be safe on your trip!

Just up and down the urban trail earlier this morning.
    https://www.google.ca/maps/@49.2000142,-122.9917894,566m/data=!3m1!1e3
  • PAV8888
    Laurie... on the good news front there is substantial support that losing any which way has similar success rates... the real question will be how you go on to handle the end game, or rather the continuation game post rapid weight loss since talking about ending probably doesn't make much sense for most of us in this group.

On the good news front... the longer you maintain a loss the more likely you are to continue to maintain it :wink:

Just be ready to deal with increased shall we say appetite when you resume more normal eating. Potentially also do explore the CONTROLLED refeeds concept as opposed to the off the rails one. If we accept that things will, inevitably happen, some hamsters are happier if they pre-plan for them (not mine... but I have hopes for smarter hamsters!) :wink:
  • lauriekallis
    Great good news, PAV. I have come to learn a lot these past few months - about the post-weightloss hunger and the need to log meticulously while maintaining and the oh so many dangers with my name on them! lol

I just want to get to where I now think I want to be, and lose the "I was lighter in February blues" and get back into those clothes I bought in February. Ten pounds makes such a big difference now! lol It didn't make a difference at all when I was near 280!

I was thinking of you too, Connie....just didn't want to so clearly lead you down a path if it turns out to be a bad path o:)
  • conniewilkins56
    I, too am tired of saying so many pounds back to my lowest weight….I have POUNDS to lose from this last “ hurt my knee, poor me, eating will fix it”…. I am going to really control myself for a while….I have a doc visit in mid Dec. and it would be great to be down a few pounds!
  • lauriekallis
    Sept 7

✅ 15,000 steps - 15,762
    ✅ calorie deficit - 1,270
    ✅ 7 hours sleep - 11:09 to 6:39 (fitbit counted 6hr 47)

Just under the wire on the steps and sleep front - but under nonetheless. Deficit is going so well these days it makes me do a little jig :) - going to celebrate all I can while this nice spell lasts.
  • PAV8888
    edited September 2021
    16k..... and more than 1000Cal above maintenance till bed. left home 8pm. got to revelstoke at 3am with a couple of shake my head awake plus junk food breaks. this trip is just transport. sightseeing will be during the rest of septemberdepending on parental and my "foreign" guest (and whether she does manage to arrive!)
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,724 Member
    16k..... and more than 1000Cal above maintenance till bed. left home 8pm. got to revelstoke at 3am with a couple of shake my head awake plus junk food breaks. this trip is just transport. sightseeing will be during the rest of septemberdepending on parental and my "foreign" guest (and whether she does manage to arrive!)

US distances are mind-boggling. Here in the UK a 200 mile trip is considered really long, and often takes hours (or days) of planning. I’m meeting my sisters for lunch in a few weeks (160 miles away) and when I said I was travelling home the same day they were astonished and aghast, as if I were contemplating something extremely risky and insane.