Daily Habit Checkin

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,609 Member
    Sept 23

✅ 15,000 steps - 17,753

✅ 1000+ deficit - +39

❌ 7 hours sleep - 3:09 to 8:30 (+a nap on the couch)- 6h 20m (fitbit counted 5h 58m)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,585 Member
    Steps good. Food way too much. Sleep, not enough 😂
  • lauriekallis
    Sept 26

✅ 15,000 steps - 22,562

❌ 1000+ deficit - no idea - honestly can't "kind of log" but that ends today.

❌ 7 hours sleep - 5:16 to 8:44 - 3h 28m (fitbit counted 3h 1m)

The past week has been a bit of mess on the eating front. I'm hoping it will turn around today - and I can just try to consider it as an exceptionally well accomplished "refeed."

Definitely not weighing myself for a few days or that little bit of TMI might fling me back into tailspin mode.

Things started to go awry on my trip to the big city to see orthopaedic surgeon last week- which despite the great outcome of finally getting a surgery date-two years in the waiting!-has left me a bit nervous (as in I better get this and that painting done, just in case something messes up).

Compounding that bit of stress (which in the big scheme of things is kinda silly, I know) I'm starting to understand...now don't laugh though this it sounds like a whole lot of hyperbole...I might have a bit of romance PTSD. The wild emotion rollercoaster ride I've been on since a very lovely dinner date last week has been mind-numbing (not to mention belly-overfilling). Guess I'm going to have to start sorting through some of that tangled mess so nicely buried in my psyche.

But, THIS morning, TODAY, I've started the process of isolating that emotional maelstrom from my eating habits. No need to tangle things any further than they already are!

Tonight I might even try a bit more sleep!

A five-minutes-before-closing run to the grocery store last night to buy fixings for chili today that actually resulted in a 1500 calorie frozen cake disappearing into the hamster cage as soon as I got home (have no idea how that fit - those hamsters were well fed over and over yesterday and should have been in a coma) didn't not help this girl get to sleep at a good time.

That will not happen today.
  • PAV8888
    Exercise good!
    Key delivered.
    Clothes available.

Small be mentioned to no one that if the trunk had actually latched when I failed to fully abort the "close the trunk down push" I would have managed to lock the last set of keys in there! 🙀 For real. || this close!🤷🏻‍♂️

Visited with sky who came up for a car ride during the key delivery❣️👍✅

Food... still excessive. (Hotel pancakes with syrup (less syrup than in the past, but--probably more than others would use!), Good portion of canned fruit and vanilla yogurt parfait. Single serve hummus and pretzels for snack. Full size Wendy's taco salad with all the fixings, 60% AW onion rings order, two Halloween chip bags, YIKES!

And I haven't logged!!!🤷🏻‍♂️ In 7 years this only seems to happen when CCCGG is around?

Sleep good yesterday! A 93 from Fitbit has to be a top three result for me with more than 7 hours sleep and almost 8 in bed

Unfortunately we're in a reverse cccgg departure countdown and dad is eating up almost three days for packing and shipping as he is about to attempt (against my advice but I can't counter his now or never argument) a 30 day trip to France and Switzerland to visit cousins while everyone is still err... alive to be visited (4/6 people involved are between 81 and 91)
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,760 Member
    edited September 2021
    @PAV8888
    Can't argue with your dad's logic...

France & Switzerland are a mere hop and skip from Greece - can't you fly over with him and stay with CCCGG for a month?!?!?!?!?

rc3yiskdqltg.png

• lauriekallis
    So glad you got into the car, PAV, and that you got to visit with Sky! She must have been over the moon. I know I would have been crying my eyes out.

I kinda think your Dad is a smart cookie - and you, too, for not trying too hard to dissuade him.

Such a good post, Bella! I'm going to go look at my graph again, right now, to soak in that positivity for a few minutes.
  • aishmartin
    aishmartin Posts: 468 Member
    Bella_Figura - I LOVE that graphic!!!!!

• aishmartin
    aishmartin Posts: 468 Member
    lauriekallis - Ah, romance brain. It's hard to overcome and takes up way too much of our time. Not to mention it has you swinging from the ceiling one moment and then down, doubting and debating the next moment. Will you be doing a repeat lovely dinner? :)
  • lauriekallis
    Perhaps....now that I have properly identified the source of my terror (the man himself doesn't not have any horns growing from his forhead though I was certain he did a few days ago, nor any terrible personality traits (not that I've seen yet anyway :) ) maybe I will stop eating cake and pizza long enough to venture into territory that includes him!

o:)
  • lauriekallis
    Come on all my fellow losers (lol, I can't really say that unless I am losing myself, but I will, so I'm only kinda jumping the gun!) join the daily checkin - let's make a gang - because I like that sound of that:

Check-in Gang.

:)

I'm bored with my goals...maybe yours will be inspiring and I can borrow them for awhile?
  • lauriekallis
    Sept 27

✅ 15,000 steps. 17,791

✅ 1000+ fitbit deficit. 1,012 (finally!)

✅ 7 hours sleep. 12:16 to 7:29 - 7h 13m (fitbit counted 6h 22m)

Oh, I so hope I can stay in this groove until shoulder surgery - 31 days - then I'll tackle a planned deficit break while I heal - I hope a Bella style deficit break - cause she is killing it !!!!!
  • PAV8888
    🤞😻
  • lauriekallis
    Thank you for that, PAV...but despite your best wishes - I still notice that you didn't "check in" for yesterday B)
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    My only goal right now is to find balance again and those check-ins are not something I want to share …so maybe once I’m less moody and not a complete downer, I’ll join
  • lauriekallis
    Looking forward to your sunshiney smiling check-ins when they come. I hope that is soon. :)
  • PAV8888
    Sucky check in is why!

No steps (11)
    Too much food (see pics)
    Was a bit rainy and definitely windy, so by the time we got to Osoyoos we only walked back and forth to the restaurant!🙀 (Plus moving from Hotel to hotel -- that part not recommended!)
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,760 Member
    12,000 steps ✅ 13,429
    60 minute bike ride ✅ 1 hour 21 minutes (on road bike)
    Hydrate fully ✅ 2 litres so far with 6 hours to go until bedtime
    Eat the rainbow ✅ Yep, large salad for lunch and fruit salad planned for dessert
    c2000 calories / over 150g carbs / under 80g fat ✅ 1976 / 216 / 79
  • lauriekallis
    Sorry, PAV, didn't mean to torture you. I'm gonna go look at your pics and see your best check in!!!!

WOW, Bella. You are inspirational. I know you've used the term before - but I love "Eat the Rainbow" as a goal. It just sounds so fantastic of an experience!
  • lauriekallis
    Oh, my, CCCGG is really cute! So are you. Your pictures made me all teary eyed - the two of you off in this amazing landscape, towing cars, meeting up with wonderful dogs, eating glorious food, vineyards, mountains, rocks and trees. WOW. Definitely the best check in ever!