My 200lbs + Weight Loss

Replies

• BeUncommon
    BeUncommon Posts: 116 Member
    Wow, very inspiring.. You look fantastic!
  • summergal8404
    summergal8404 Posts: 515 Member
    Such an inspiration, congratulations!
  • noturningback_215
    noturningback_215 Posts: 71 Member
    Congratulations
    Question: what did you do when things got tough? What mental strategise did you use?

For me I always had goals/target dates for the weight loss I wanted achieved.
    That's not to say I didn't hit my roadblocks because I did, or was just mentally and physically broken at
    times but I just knew I didn't want to go back to the way things were. I would take a few days
    off to clear my head and rest my body and then just get back into it. It's not easy by any means
    but you can definitely do it!
  • StormChaser217
    StormChaser217 Posts: 70 Member
    Congratulations on your weight loss !!
  • andimickey
    andimickey Posts: 25 Member
    You look like a different person! Look at your face! Fantastic job - all of us here know how hard it is. Be proud.
  • noturningback_215
    andimickey wrote: »
    You look like a different person! Look at your face! Fantastic job - all of us here know how hard it is. Be proud.

Thank you for the kind words...I really appreciate it! :smile:
  • noturningback_215
    Congratulations on your weight loss !!

Thank you very much
  • TheHappyLoser
    TheHappyLoser Posts: 95 Member
    Wow just wow! Congratulations I would have not recognized you.
  • noturningback_215
    I just wanted to send a huge thank you to #MyFitnessPal for selecting me to be one of their success stories for their online blog. They did a very nice article on my recent health journey and I was greatly honored to be chosen.

When they first contacted me about wanting to do this article i was somewhat hesitant. I am generally a very private person and tend not to share a lot about my personal life but eventually decided that if my story can in some way help inspire or motivate one person to achieve the success that they are looking for with their health then it will be well worth it.

I wish everyone the best!!

https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/rick-ditched-fast-food-picked-up-walking-and-lost-215-pounds/
  • PepeLPew
    PepeLPew Posts: 95 Member
    Congratulations
    Question: what did you do when things got tough? What mental strategise did you use?

For me I always had goals/target dates for the weight loss I wanted achieved.
    That's not to say I didn't hit my roadblocks because I did, or was just mentally and physically broken at
    times but I just knew I didn't want to go back to the way things were. I would take a few days
    off to clear my head and rest my body and then just get back into it. It's not easy by any means
    but you can definitely do it!

Bro you are a beast.
    Awesome. Tons of respect sent your way for that challenge. You crushed it.
  • mclgreenville
    mclgreenville Posts: 4 Member
    Hell ya, bro. Good on you !
  • noturningback_215
    Thanks a bunch @PepeLPew and @mclgreenville
    Really appreciate it!
  • BRGking
    BRGking Posts: 40 Member
    awesome!
    WTG!
  • 03CiaoBella
    03CiaoBella Posts: 40 Member
    Congratulations on reaching your Goal and your New Life!!! Amazing and inspirational story. Thanks for sharing! 🥳
  • FPlanner2021
    FPlanner2021 Posts: 44 Member
    Dedication pays off. Way to go.
  • noturningback_215
    edited April 2021
    I just wanted to send a huge thank you to #MyFitnessPal for selecting me to be one of their success stories for their online blog. They did a very nice article on my recent health journey and I was greatly honored to be chosen.

When they first contacted me about wanting to do this article i was somewhat hesitant. I am generally a very private person and tend not to share a lot about my personal life but eventually decided that if my story can in some way help inspire or motivate one person to achieve the success that they are looking for with their health then it will be well worth it.

I wish everyone the best!!

[url="I just wanted to send a huge thank you to #MyFitnessPal for selecting me to be one of their success stories for their online blog. They did a very nice article on my recent health journey and I was greatly honored to be chosen. When they first contacted me about wanting to do this article i was somewhat hesitant. I am generally a very private person and tend not to share a lot about my personal life but eventually decided that if my story can in some way help inspire or motivate one person to achieve the success that they are looking for with their health then it will be well worth it. I wish everyone the best!! https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/rick-ditched-fast-food-picked-up-walking-and-lost-215-pounds/

Here is the correct Link to my story:

https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/rick-ditched-fast-food-picked-up-walking-and-lost-215-pounds/
  • amyrluk
    amyrluk Posts: 13 Member
    You are such an inspiration. I have lost 50 pounds so far I need to loose about another 120. I have changed the habit, of just mindlessly putting food in my mouth, as well as not responding to stress with food mostly. and of course I have developed a love for hiking and going to the gym. I can see you have to. I live in an area with mountains. I want to go skiing when I get to my goal weight. I personally need to work on adding more proteins to my diet. which is hard because I don't have a fridge or really a kitchen (long story). I can see a new glow in your skin from the before and after photos.
  • mcroyjason
    mcroyjason Posts: 3 Member
    You have a great story to tell! I am at the beginning of mine and very close to your situation. I am at 323, 6 foot tall, high blood pressure, pre-diabetic and no energy, trouble getting a good nights sleep due to sleep apnea and I am finally doing something about it. I started again 4 days ago and I have met my calorie goals each day and my exercise plan each day so far. With only 4 days I already feel much better. I am going to make it this time!
  • Jenpec98
    Jenpec98 Posts: 49 Member
    I read your story the other day. You are such an inspiration to so many of us. Thank you for sharing.
  • tradercourt1
    tradercourt1 Posts: 19 Member
    edited April 2021
    I think the look on your face in the second pic says it all. Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!