Looking for some fitness buddies!

2»

Replies

• la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    k8richer wrote: »
    Is anyone else trying carb cycling?

Hi @Dabsydoolittle ! What is that!? I've been in fitness most of my life but still feel like a newbie with all these fancy fasts and diets and exercise trends!

I carb cycle. I am trying to live a mostly keto lifestyle but once or twice a month I will have my favorite carb foods. I feel like it helps me when I am at a plateau and it helps me to stay on track. I also do intermittent fasting 3-4 days a week.

• Dabsydoolittle
    Dabsydoolittle Posts: 7 Member
    la_nanita wrote: »
    k8richer wrote: »
    Is anyone else trying carb cycling?

Hi @Dabsydoolittle ! What is that!? I've been in fitness most of my life but still feel like a newbie with all these fancy fasts and diets and exercise trends!

I carb cycle. I am trying to live a mostly keto lifestyle but once or twice a month I will have my favorite carb foods. I feel like it helps me when I am at a plateau and it helps me to stay on track. I also do intermittent fasting 3-4 days a week.

Hi @k8richer ! Carb cycling is when you vary your carb intake on a schedule. I do it weekly. I think low carb is a good idea, but I cannot stick to it, and I get the worst "keto flu" that I can never seem to shake. I am on a weekly schedule of 1 low carb day, 1 moderate carb day, 1 high carb day, 2 low carb days, 1 moderate carb day, 1 high carb day. I have only been doing it for a week, but it feels like a winner and something I can stick with - I feel great and I am definitely seeing results! If you want more info, I can message you.
  • anndeemarie
    anndeemarie Posts: 88 Member
    Me too, Me too! I'll look for you all.
  • AiryBreezy
    AiryBreezy Posts: 3 Member
    I am also looking for an accountability partner. Is there anyone who is interested in committing to exchange messages for some period of time, like a few weeks to build the habit?
  • stacyrey12
    stacyrey12 Posts: 34 Member
    Airy Breezy I can!
  • lucy_Jada
    lucy_Jada Posts: 37 Member
    Add me too! I am looking for workout friends.
  • Mujer47
    Mujer47 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi everyone am new to MFP and am looking for more motivation and accountability, I do workout 6 days a week, I like to run and do weights, and have a spinning bike that I do.
  • amandahamel7400
    amandahamel7400 Posts: 3 Member
    Mujer47 wrote: »
    Hi everyone am new to MFP and am looking for more motivation and accountability, I do workout 6 days a week, I like to run and do weights, and have a spinning bike that I do.

I do about the same! get up at 5am. can I add you?
  • stephaniepcrogers
    stephaniepcrogers Posts: 3 Member
    Add me... add me 🥰
  • olganade
    olganade Posts: 4 Member
    Hi, can you add me, I am have recently gotten back using MFP, as this is the only way I appear to be accountable to myself, otherwise I excercise and eat, eat, eat and not healthy, but very interested in the support and friendships to stay the course!!!!