Workout/Life Balance

2»

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited February 2021
    Wulfhelm wrote: »
    @Chieflrg Good point. It’s a private gym, owned by one of the firefighters. It has a about 5 barbell stations and 3 dumbbell stations with dumbbell weights that go to the 115-160 range. About 4-5 working treadmills, 2 ellipticals, 3 of those bike fan things, plenty of weight machines, I’ll try to list what I remember here:
    Leg Extension machine
    Leg curls machine
    Several of the squat/push leg machines
    Abdominal machine (I don’t know the name)
    Bicep curl machine
    Chest push machine
    Shoulder pushes

There’s also about 4 cable machines one with two stations built in so you can do flys and what not.

Plenty of pull-up stations, benches, dip stations, mats, weighted balls, free space, but only one shower.

Awesome. Sounds like you have plenty of options. So with limited time per day. I would suggest you start by determinung how many days a week you can train. If possible I would try to slot your weekend days and another day in middle of week. Determine if 45min is feasible or maybe a hour on some days.

You might have to do super sets, or lower rest periods, perform Myo reps, etc... All will help get in more stimulus in a tighter schedule. This also means that we might not see optimal "strength" gains l but that is ok if we are training and see some progress.

Something like the following would be a decent starting template but I'm sure there is better. Just throwing one off top of head.

SAT
    Squat
    Bench press variation(wide grip, close grip)
    Leg curl/extension

SUN
    Deadlift
    Press
    Leg press

WEDS
    Touch n go bench
    Squat variation(tempo or pause)
    DB Inc press