Let's talk ICE CREAM

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    nvoasygeqn41.png
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    @pancakerunner That's amazing! Scotcharoos were a go-to dessert in my house growing up but I've never run across anybody else who even knew what they were, much less an ice cream flavor!
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,707 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    I'll stick with making a protein ice 'cream' (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7qPpo8edj8)

I don't necessarily make this exact one - the ones I usually make range around 50 calories for a huge huge amount!

Same here!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,481 Member
    Okay yesterday was the first time that I actually ate a whole pint of Chunky Monkey. Good thing I cleared calories for it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • azuki
    azuki Posts: 38 Member
    I only eat Jeni’s or Graeters. Everything else tastes subpar in quality.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,238 Member
    The stores were almost completely wiped out of ice cream yesterday due to the heat wave. But I scored some Breyers Carb Smart Vanilla and happily indulged.
  • arieswrite1
    arieswrite1 Posts: 15 Member
    Ben and Jerry's Phish Food is one of my favorite indulgences. I love the Nestle drumsticks for individual portions. And Ben and Jerry's has a seasonal flavor out right now called Glampfire Trail. A little bit of saltiness mixed in with the sweet!
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited June 2021
    Ben and Jerry's Phish Food is one of my favorite indulgences. I love the Nestle drumsticks for individual portions. And Ben and Jerry's has a seasonal flavor out right now called Glampfire Trail. A little bit of saltiness mixed in with the sweet!

I just have to say I love your cat! 😻

To keep on topic, I really wish I could find Edy's (or any) Spumoni. I love Spumoni and can't find it anywhere these days.

I was very disappointed in a local ice cream shop that I've always loved. The last batches of Peppermint Crunch and Chocolate Peanut Butter were very disappointing.

Trader Joe's ice cream is very good.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,883 Member
    After last night's chili, I ended the night with a bowl of half-chocolate, half-vanilla. I justified it as dairy to help offset the spices from the chili to prevent heartburn during the night. Must have worked, too, as I slept just fine through the night without any burning sensations!

I miss the Kroger mixed ice cream bar, where the layers were chocolate cookie - vanilla ice cream - chocolate ice cream - graham cracker cookie, all for under 150 calories. Loved the blazes out of them last summer, but haven't seen them in stores since.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Tillamook is my favorite brand wise...I'm pretty basic when it comes to flavors...pretty much old fashioned vanilla and/or strawberry. Some of the stuff out there just has too much going on for my taste buds.
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    r7u7s9wevfaw.jpg

It's vanilla with chocolate crackle and mini peanut butter cups.
  • MargaretYakoda
    Had another Magnum Mini this afternoon when the heat was at it’s highest this afternoon. So so soooooo good. Took my mind off my melting brain for a few minutes anyhow.
    All logged and accounted for.

My husband and my boyfriend also were treated to one. Lucky the box only had six. Three yesterday, three today. Box empty. Tomorrow’s forecast is for much cooler weather.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Jeni's Gooey Butter Cake is my fav.
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    My mom like strawberry ice cream, I purchased tillamook brand today to share with her. 🍨🍧🍦
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    We made some homemade rocky road for Father's Day. Adding in all of the fillers meant taking some chocolate ice cream out to make room. For me, plain homemade chocolate ice cream is simply kryptonite. My daughter is dairy free and made some sorbet with black currants and raspberries that was awesome too.

And whoever mentioned Magnum bars, OMG. YUM!! Those are a total treat. How great that they come in minis?? :heart:
  • MargaretYakoda
    And whoever mentioned Magnum bars, OMG. YUM!! Those are a total treat. How great that they come in minis?? :heart:

🙋🏼‍♀️
    You’re welcome.

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    It's Friday! For us, that means it's become known officially as Ben and Jerry's Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Day!! <3
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    My husband has some issues with dairy, but loves ice cream. So, I've been trying to find the best dairy-free options.
    He likes the ones made with almond milk much better than the coconut milk ones.
    So far, he likes the Magnum dairy-free bars best...but they are pretty expensive.
    Trader Joe's has a decent dairy-free vanilla pint that is made with almond milk...all their other flavors use coconut milk.

Anyone else found some good dairy-free options?