chiddss wrote: »
Another who began on WW/SW but got fed up with the points/syns system. I'm just sticking to under 1400kcal or so per day. I've only been doing it for a week or so but already feeling good and not deprived at all.
sharsunny wrote: »
I am doing the Keto and Low carb but dang I may need to check out the 5:2 plan.
KelBlundell wrote: »
I did a lot of research on diet and tried various approaches. The habits that have stuck;
1. Having half a plate of vegetables with each meal
2. Having eggs for breakfast
3. Cutting out carbs in refined/potato/rice form. I dont moderate vegetable carbs so still get 40-60g carbs a day but it is all veg (carrots, radishes, peas etc).
4. Not snacking more than once a day
5. Smaller plates. So silly but it works.
6. Exercise. Got five minutes? Do some. Feel tired? Workout.
The half plate of veg came from slimming world I think but I didnt like the whole group thing. I have the advantage of loving veg. I also try and eat 5-10 different veg a day.
In dec I weighed 220lbs (5'9"). I am currently 190lbs. My target weight is 165lbs.
The exercise has really helped my MH as well as tone my body. It is weird when your legs change shape though!
SuzySunshine99 wrote: »
I didn't follow any kind of "plan" other than eating less of what I already ate.
I think it depends on personality...some people like being told, "eat this...don't eat that". I don't like rules, I don't like being told anything is "forbidden", and I like flexibility in what I eat..
© 2021 MyFitnessPal, Inc.