Tips for controlling your appetite???

2»

Replies

• ChickenKillerPuppy
    ChickenKillerPuppy Posts: 297 Member
    I always save "sweets" to eat after dinner to wind down, but they are super low calorie. After dinner and my dessert, I will have 6 pieces of sugarless gum (the Orbit chicklet type) which is 15 calories and then I have an herbal tea with a pack of Splenda in it (I count the Splenda as 4 calories). If it's during the day I might have a can of diet soda which I don't always have, or sugarless gum. These help.
  • iFartMagic
    iFartMagic Posts: 21 Member
    Much like puppy above me, I'll use a flavored tea (earl grey, or if it's night time I'll do a decaf like sleepy time or other herbal), but also sugar free jello ♡ It feels like you're eating sweets at 10 calories a cup! Fulfills my sweet tooth and nearly 100% guilt free.
  • ChickenKillerPuppy
    ChickenKillerPuppy Posts: 297 Member
    iFartMagic wrote: »
    Much like puppy above me, I'll use a flavored tea (earl grey, or if it's night time I'll do a decaf like sleepy time or other herbal), but also sugar free jello ♡ It feels like you're eating sweets at 10 calories a cup! Fulfills my sweet tooth and nearly 100% guilt free.

Yes! I will have a sugar free jello as an extra sweet treat at the end of the day a lot. Those 10 calories go a long way mentally!
  • joowelz
    joowelz Posts: 170 Member
    JulieKHN wrote: »
    Sometimes it is habit...at least it is for me, I like to eat in the evenings. Sometimes I find that if I haven't had enough protein early in the day I'm much hungrier later in the day, especially if I've had a good work out. Try a protein shake during the day - relatively low calorie and it keeps me from craving food later.

Have you looked at the ratio of carbs/protein/fats? Everyone is different in what ratio works for them but that information could provide some insight for you (e.g. hungrier on days when you a higher percentage of carbs).

Finally, while I'm trying to lose 10% of my body weight, I try to remember it's not all about the scale. Is your body changing - is it more toned and do you look and feel better?

Thanks! This is very true for me too. The last three i have significantly upped my protein intake and have been able to comfortably stay under 1640 calories. Problem is it is monotonous and i dont always feel like eating animal flesh, even though it does help satiate me.
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    joowelz wrote: »
    Sometimes it is habit...at least it is for me, I like to eat in the evenings. Sometimes I find that if I haven't had enough protein early in the day I'm much hungrier later in the day, especially if I've had a good work out. Try a protein shake during the day - relatively low calorie and it keeps me from craving food later.

Have you looked at the ratio of carbs/protein/fats? Everyone is different in what ratio works for them but that information could provide some insight for you (e.g. hungrier on days when you a higher percentage of carbs).

Finally, while I'm trying to lose 10% of my body weight, I try to remember it's not all about the scale. Is your body changing - is it more toned and do you look and feel better?

Thanks! This is very true for me too. The last three i have significantly upped my protein intake and have been able to comfortably stay under 1640 calories. Problem is it is monotonous and i dont always feel like eating animal flesh, even though it does help satiate me.

Greek yogurt
    Cottage cheese (particularly good culture - 19 grams per 5.5 ounces)
    Protein oatmeal (Kodiak cakes)
    Eggs/egg whites
    I don't like most meat. There are other things.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited February 2021
    joowelz wrote: »

Greek yogurt
    Cottage cheese (particularly good culture - 19 grams per 5.5 ounces)
    Protein oatmeal (Kodiak cakes)
    Eggs/egg whites
    I don't like most meat. There are other things.

^^This, along with tofu, beans,and some grains like quinoa, and protein bars/cookie butters.
    I'm not completely vegetarian, but I'd say I'm about 95% there. Protein doesn't necessarily have to equal meat.