TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (March)

Replies

• richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    Prehistoricmoongoddess

Wednesday
    LW 142.4lbs
    CW 141.6lbs

I just need to speed up again and get into the 130s by next Wednesday. I've been hovering around 142 for nearly 2 weeks

You can do it! Just keep with your usual dedication and one day it will shift. You're below that wretched 142 mark now (with which I am so familiar) - keep it up!
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    3/24/2021
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Water: 80
    Steps: 4989 (why didn't I check before bed - seriously 11 steps?!?!)
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,459 Member
    MUAC for 3/24:
    Under: no - it was pretty bad.
    Exercised: yes - 20 minute walk with pup

I am going through a stressful situation with one of my daughters and had a lot of bad foods and wine yesterday. Today, I will control what I can - the food and exercise.

@richmondwriter Hope everything works out. <3
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Date: 03/24
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 6618
    Water: 96

Just for today 03/25: WW/keto 5, 5000steps 🚶‍♀️, 20hrs IF , read bible plan , read chapters 📚, Daily calm , walk 30 min, chiropractor

Yesterday : 03/24: WW/keto 4👍🏻5000steps 🚶‍♀️👍🏻, 20hrs IF 👍🏻, read bible plan 👍🏻, read chapters 📚👍🏻, Daily calm 👎🏻, walk 30 min👍🏻, PT👍🏻, acupressure 👍🏻
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Hi friends, I've read through the thread a bit and can see some of us are struggling. I'm having a bit of a hard week too. I have days where I feel like I'm doing good and I'm on the right track but the next day is a wreck and my eating is out of control. I am still exercising consistently but that doesn't do a lot of good when my food choices are terrible. I've had days where I pre-log everything but then at the end of the day I still feel super hungry! It has to all be in my head because I can see on the screen everything I've eaten but I feel starved! Anyone else ever feel like this? Or advice on what to eat that will fill me up when this happens? I know that a lot of protein helps and I try to eat a lot during the day. I also have noticed that when I do more intense strength training is the days that I feel more hungry. I know more muscle needs more energy but it still seems like I'm hungrier than I should be. My sisters trip to the beach is just about a month away and even though I don't expect to have a dramatic weight loss in that time I do want to look and feel better then I do now.
  • richmondwriter
    @thedestar - I do struggle as well. You are right about the protein, though. That is the only thing that has worked for me, to keep me full. It's important to have protein at every meal, to keep the level consistent, 20%-up. I aim for 25%. The days when I go over are the days when I do not eat enough protein.

Maybe people can share some of their protein ideas, especially for snacks? I have an Italian hot sausage for breakfast, cut it in small bits (cut it in half, then each half in three, then cut each three in half). I know it's not the most nutritious thing, but it is very, very filling. Does anyone have any ideas for something like this that is more nutritious? Maybe some of the veggie products...

I've mentioned it before, but I try to drink the Premiere Protein chocolate shakes when my protein level is low and I need a boost. I try to avoid cheese as a protein when I can as I tend to spiral out of control and eat too much of it.

Vegetables are a great filler. You can eat so much and there is so little too them. My husband and I often eat baked Brussel sprouts for dinner instead of rice or pasta, with a protein.

As we are empty nesters, it's easier to control what is in our pantry. I know it's much more difficult with kids. Does anyone have ideas for this? I still end up buying and eating too much junk food whenever we have company.
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    3/24/21
    Tracked: no
    Under: no
    Exercise: no
    Water: 6 cups

Yesterday, I started to track but then I just wasn’t in the best mindset at all. I felt like I needed a mental health day and take a break from everything. Today however I’m in the best mood and ready to dominate the day! 😊
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    3/25/2021
    Exercise: Yes - 30 min elliptical
    Water: 101.4 oz
    Steps: 9,218
  • DaffyGirl88
    Thursday 25 March
    Track: yes

Water: 80 oz
    Steps: 9136
  • DaffyGirl88
    Weigh in Week 4
    PW: 142.6
    CW: 143.3

Gotta get off of this see-saw. You should see my graph, looks like Charlie Browns t-shirt. 😂. It's supposed to hit 80 here today so I was planning on dusting off my road bike 🚲 and getting some miles. Now they're talking 35 mph winds. 😯 There'll be no biking in THAT!! One of these days....
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    user name = maryc11
    Date = Thursday March 25, 2021 9:15PM
    Tracked = Yes
    Exercise = No
    Under = Yes
    Water = 68 oz
    Steps = 1,800
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Maryc11
    Friday March 26, 2021 5:58AM
    March start weight = 221.8
    March week 1 = 221.8
    March week 2 = 217.2
    March week 3 = 214.9
    March week 4 = 214.7
    March week 5 = 215.3
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    LW: 259.8
    CW: 258.8

I don’t get it. I had a horrible week, mentally and professionally. And I didn’t cave and eat unhealthy or grab a beer out of the fridge. I ate right and worked out every single day this week. And all I did was lose the pound I gained two weeks ago.
    Beyond Frustrated
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    mooreshelly09
    Week 4
    PW: 192.4
    CW: 191.6

Happy Friday everyone 😁😁
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    I am finally on the downward track. I haven't really changed a whole lot, but I have started taking a probiotic per my husbands suggestion after he read a book on gut health. He swears that is making the difference. I don't know, but I'm going to keep taking it!

3/25/2021
    Water: 80
    Steps: 3442

Friday weigh in: 162.4
    PW: 163
  • richmondwriter
    MUAC for 3/26:
    Exercised: yes - 2.5 miles with the pup

I need to get my act together TODAY - weigh in tomorrow.

Congrats to everyone on their wonderful losses this week!
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    prehistoricmoongoddess Posts: 1,003 Member
    Prehistoricmoongoddess

Wednesday
    LW 142.4lbs
    CW 141.6lbs

I just need to speed up again and get into the 130s by next Wednesday. I've been hovering around 142 for nearly 2 weeks

You can do it! Just keep with your usual dedication and one day it will shift. You're below that wretched 142 mark now (with which I am so familiar) - keep it up!

Thank you @richmondwriter

O.4 down today, I really think it's possible now
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    "I am so grateful to still be here and still a part of this group. It’s comforting to know that this group will always be here.. always working together, struggling together. All wanting the same thing.... I can come here, regroup and get back to business (as best I can anyway)."

Quoted from @Krysless2, but also my sentiments, so thank you all!

I just finished reading all 19 pages of posts. A lot of you are doing AMAZING!! The balance in my life shifted, and I was slow to react. RL was taking too much of a back seat. Too much time on the computer. I limped through the end of the Harry Potter Challenge, and was very generous in interpreting the verb "accomplished" as it applied to certain tasks. I loved that Challenge when I first did it, but I did not like having to pick and choose what exercises I could do because of my knee injury and then I started to resent it. I feel better already now that this term is finished, and I will be taking an indefinite break from future terms until I get my knee figured out. I had an MRI, and now that I have the results, I will be starting physio on Wednesday. I am also on the list to see a surgeon, although that could take months just to schedule the first consult (the downside of free health care). I am having my family here for an early Easter dinner on Sunday, so that is forcing me to spend some time on house work! And I went to the office and did some filing yesterday (the first time all month). So, some things are starting to come together, while others continue to frustrate me. I had a routine mammogram because of my age, and now I have to go back and do another one, which is just like last time. I had some baseline blood work done, and now they want to do an ultrasound on my liver. Being old is one thing....feeling old is another, and completely unacceptable to me!! Maybe that is what prompted me to get back into this...losing weight will help me to not feel so old!!

Anyways, I must get to the grocery store. I am pretty sure I will be posting a loss tomorrow morning, but it will not be a net loss for the month. And then I will try to undo Easter dinner damage for my final weigh-in of March.

Thanks again for still being here, and for being patient with me.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    I am finally on the downward track. I haven't really changed a whole lot, but I have started taking a probiotic per my husbands suggestion after he read a book on gut health. He swears that is making the difference. I don't know, but I'm going to keep taking it!

@annabananamc I, too, have been seriously considering a probiotic. I even switched from my Greek yogurt to Activia because of that. What are you taking? Or, seeing as I won't probably be able to get it here, what did you look for in a probiotic, since we are about the same age?
This discussion has been closed.