• Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    edited April 2021
    gerlcat wrote: »
    IMG_1216.jpg
    ykx99ffynlho.jpeg
    Enjoying the Bread!!!!!
    French Toast for breakfast 😀
    No calorie no carb sweetener sprinkled on top and low carb whipped topping! (Can also use sugar free syrup).
    💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Oh man... I feel like I'm following in your foot steps... Saturday morning were finally getting around to trying french toast. My latest loaf is absolutely a monster though, will be interesting to see how it turns out. :smiley:

This mornings toast... (7 slices of cheddar to cover it. 6.75 to be precise. I ate part of a slice running cross the one side with my first bite.)

xp5kbonxfwjw.jpg
  • Poobah1972
    Did it! (Brown Sugar Cinnamon Flavored) French toast. Why did I wait so long? It was Delicious and I was careful to measure both the butter that went into the pan and on top afterwards! B) (Only 5 Net Carbs and actually I don't think the Toranni has any carbs so maybe actually 4 net carbs)
    cy2xsrwky050.jpg
    4ww2yks8o8ry.jpg
    awwlbx7c057q.jpg

• gerlcat
    gerlcat Posts: 27 Member
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Did it! (Brown Sugar Cinnamon Flavored) French toast. Why did I wait so long? It was Delicious and I was careful to measure both the butter that went into the pan and on top afterwards! B) (Only 5 Net Carbs and actually I don't think the Toranni has any carbs so maybe actually 4 net carbs)
    cy2xsrwky050.jpg
    4ww2yks8o8ry.jpg
    awwlbx7c057q.jpg

Looks delicious! 😋
    For your cheese toast, is that reddish color just the toasted cheese? At first when I saw it, it looked like salsa or tomato sauce or some kind of jam or jelly 😀
  • Poobah1972
    @gerlcat Hmmmm That's funny I friend of mine asked me that IRL... But it's just Strawberry Jam spread pretty thin. Polaner Sugar Free Jam + Fiber to be exact. I fully recommend it, by far the best Sugar Free Jam I have tried so far. Not to sweet mind you, but good. So yeah, Butter your toast, smear on a tbsp of jam, add cheese and top with another tbsp of jam. That's child hood memories right there. :D
  • Poobah1972
    edited April 2021
    Lunch - Monte Cristo

e7ko3vgmvpbx.jpg

The sandwich was indeed huge.. So my fiancé and I split it. The macro's shown are for half a sandwich. (She also made it... Thank you Baby!)

And for the grand finally... I didn't realize this going in, but I actually used the bread recipe in all three main meals today. lol

Supper Seafood Alfredo Pizza, with Crab, Shrimp, sautéed onions, mushrooms and garlic... And of course alfredo sauce, and plenty of Mozza! 😃

Used exactly 1/3 of the loaf recipe to fill a 13" pizza pan (12" pizza). And as a bonus...

Turns out the parchment paper thing didn't work.. Way to slippery... So then I just opted to put it in a "No-Hole" Pizza pan, and use both hands to smooch and pull my hands a part... Then twist the pan a bit and repeat, round and round it went. It actually worked pretty good this way... Then I flopped it into a vented pan, and did the same thing again.. Turns out it doesn't smooch through the holes so I could of probably just went straight to the vented pan and saved myself the hassle.

Looked beautiful, edges were crispy... But on a sour note, I probably had double the sauce I should have and even though it was cooked right through it still managed to not hold itself up. So I would suggest if you going to try it, easy on the sauce and wet ingredients... Pre shrink mushrooms, Sautee onions that sort of thing.

I pre-heated oven to 500 degrees, and cooked it on the second bottom rack for 15 minutes... 14 minutes would of been fine.

And as a bonus I used the rest to make 8 Keto Hamburger Buns @ 2 carbs each and about 133 cals each. 😋

Used a vented silicon contraption. 350 for about 23 minutes.

Whew... I'm calling it a day. Keto and bread all day long.. Who would of thunk it? 🤪

fxral1s0rvbm.jpg

Oh FYI the macro's shown are for an entire quarter of the pizza or 2 slices. 👍
  • SockSaver
    SockSaver Posts: 22 Member
    Found Diedre's recipe on YouTube a few months ago. Made with a mixing stand the first time. Remembered how easy bread machines make mixing, found one at local thrift store for 6$. Oh my! I subbed in !/4 cup dark rye flour and some caraway seeds to make Rubin sandwiches. I realize not strict low carb . but wow. Tasted like the real deal. Have yet to make pizza crust with it. But the basic recipe is a regular now in this house.
  • Poobah1972
    SockSaver wrote: »
    Found Diedre's recipe on YouTube a few months ago. Made with a mixing stand the first time. Remembered how easy bread machines make mixing, found one at local thrift store for 6$. Oh my! I subbed in !/4 cup dark rye flour and some caraway seeds to make Rubin sandwiches. I realize not strict low carb . but wow. Tasted like the real deal. Have yet to make pizza crust with it. But the basic recipe is a regular now in this house.

Yeah, honestly it's made a such a difference for myself and my Fiancé. The options it opens up are vast and made all other keto stumbling blocks a breeze to over come. Only other thing that would be nice is a good pasta, still searching. As for the bread I'll be making it for the rest our lives. :D