Lost a little now want to quit?

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Honestly, I'd get a second opinion from another professional. Of course she's going to give you the answers you want to hear. She's going to tell you why this will work for you. And it probably will. But it's not sustainable. Are you planning on doing this forever? As soon as you start eating more normally for maintenance, you will gain it back.

^^This

I wouldn't ask this doctor anything. This doctor is a quack, like everyone said, so you can't trust her. It's insane to put a healthy, young person on a diet like that. Do the TDEE calculations that people provided. Even following the mfp plan would have you eating a lot more than that (and with the mfp plan you also eat back exercise calories). You can learn a lot about the right calorie amounts, the right amount of protein, etc. Protein is important, but it's not magical, it won't counteract a starvation diet. And you need to eat more to fuel your workouts and strength training. You really need to talk to a different doctor.
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    How do I do this... just eat fruit and veggies and what not?

Here's something for you to look over:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833026-important-posts-to-read

This is a link from an awesome group,I have learned so much from just reading the information in this link.:)
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Hi,
    Welcome to MyFItnessPal. I wanted to introduce myself and tell you about what I just began doing less than 2 months ago and have already seen a 16 pound weight loss. I just turned 41 years old and I was able to buy clothes in the juniors department. I am so excited by ACE and what it has done for me that I am now distributing it. You can check out my website at:

edit: contact info removed

ACE is all natural and has done wonders for me. I suffer from under active thyroid and PCOS and until ACE, I haven't been able to be very successful on anything I've tried. You can check out my FB page too.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/151386968388980/

If you have any questions, you can contact me here, FB, or even call or text me.

Laura
    edit: phone number removed
    ACE IS AMAZING

dpbt4i.png
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Hi,
    Welcome to MyFItnessPal. I wanted to introduce myself and tell you about what I just began doing less than 2 months ago and have already seen a 16 pound weight loss. I just turned 41 years old and I was able to buy clothes in the juniors department. I am so excited by ACE and what it has done for me that I am now distributing it. You can check out my website at:

ACE is all natural and has done wonders for me. I suffer from under active thyroid and PCOS and until ACE, I haven't been able to be very successful on anything I've tried. You can check out my FB page too.

Edited to take out contact info:

fyo101.jpg

Yeah..Somebody is either a bot...or doesn't read the rules.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Hi,

If you have any questions, you can contact me here, FB, or even call or text me.

Laura
    ACE IS AMAZING

dpbt4i.png

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Hi,

Laura
    ACE IS AMAZING

dpbt4i.png

OMG! LMAO!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Hi,

Laura
    ACE IS AMAZING

dpbt4i.png

:heart: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :heart:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Hi,

Laura
    ACE IS AMAZING

dpbt4i.png

OMG - I LOVE YOU!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Bahahaha! Cracking up at "do you even lift?" Awesome.
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Hi,

Laura
    ACE IS AMAZING

dpbt4i.png

:laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    In...

...because I've heard this is the helpful place.

Ace-Hardware-Logo.gif
  • I think for you to post - you know in your heart of hearts that this Clinic is a money making machine. They offer a huge variety of services and definitely not specialized in weight loss. Laser, Botox, Migraines, eye lash enhancement, acne, vein and hair removal. It appears to me to be a "one stop shopping". Perhaps very unwise from a health and financial standpoint to return. Get any refunds that may be due you and head to the library, MFP has some folks that have lost plenty of weight and are willing to help and share. Take care and be as smart with your health as your studies. :smile:
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    I don't know the answer to your question but it just worries me this extreme of a diet with that much exercise. Why don't you just try going to maintain stage and eat about 1200-1500 calories a day and stick with the exercise. This will be a more do-able goal and this is more what you will be doing once you are done "dieting". This way you can kind of get used to it and still see the pounds go by-by but just not as quickly.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    I went and looked and I agree, I'm just saying that I was going off what the OP said. Don't know why the OP claimed she had a Nutrition PhD if she was an MD.

I agree. She is an MD with background working in nutrition now.

Still, OP is WAY better off talking with either her nutritionist or getting a second opinion than she is asking the people here for advice - too many "experts" on here

By "experts," you mean normal people who have successfully lost weight using MPF and eating real food? Right. There are a lot of those here.

By "experts" I mean people who have found something that worked for them and assume their anecdotal evidence is proof that their system will work for everyone. One person's personal experience losing weight is one thing but 20+ years of working in a weight loss clinic as an MD is something totally different.

When you go to the dentist and the dentist says, "You have a cavity, I'm going to fill it." Do you go, "Well hold on doc, let me go ask the people in the waiting room what they think, because maybe some of them have had something similar and would recommend something different."

If you think your nutritionist isn't working for you, then go to a different nutritionist - don't go asking a bunch of random people online what they think about your diet.

Ummm I'm pretty sure that the hundreds of thousands of people who have lost weight by "eating less (reasonably) and moving more" is hardly anecdotal evidence. Also, isn't scientific research just anecdotal evidence that has been replicated and documented? Sure there are crazy people out there that think you have to water fast to lose weight, but the majority of people on MFP advise a healthy caloric deficit and reasonable exercise. If you don't like the methods that people here use why are you even still here?
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Op:

a) Any doctor who puts you on 800 calories a day when you only had a few pounds to lose to get in the healthy weight range is a quack and you may as well spend your time using your dollars as a suppository for all the good that doctor is going to do you.
    b) You say you are now 133lbs and 5ft3 so you are in the healthy range for your height right now. Rather than dieting you're better off simply eating a diet that's rich in good proteins, vegetables, wholegrains and fruit and doing some cardio and strength to shape your body.
  • rosej31
    rosej31 Posts: 189 Member
    I have seen plenty of nutritionist and they have never put me on 800 calorie. No wonder....you need to eat food your body is tired from 800calorie and protein shake. Also, save your money by doing it on your own. I wasted so much money with nutritionist and personal trainer. Now, that I am doing everything on my own I lost more on my own than with a nutritionist and personal trainer. I log in my food intake and take classes at the gym like cardio kickboxing, strength class or whatever.

PS OMG I save a lot of money

Good Luck
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Hi,

Laura
    ACE IS AMAZING

dpbt4i.png

LOL, you're my hero!

For OP, I think you've definitely had some really great advice here already from other posters. I hope you really listen to them. At the very least, get your calories above 1200, like now, and then read through all of the links/posts people have already provided you. Good luck!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    It's fine if the OP still needs to lose some fat (especially depending on her frame size and body composition), but doing it at 800 calories (or 1000 calories) is going to be disastrous to her health and body composition and weight maintenance. She has clearly been given very wrong information and does not know enough to understand that. So, I really hope that she will learn from the info and links in this thread, and please go see another doctor.

If it matters at all OP, I am at a lower weight, an inch shorter and at least 14 years older than you and I ate 1800 calories in order to lose fat and get fit (but when I was your age, I ate a much higher amount than that). Of course everyone has a different number. I'm only sharing this to show you how much higher the range really goes. As someone else said, go up to 1200 calories immediately (at least) while you figure this out.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    dpbt4i.png

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: AMAZING