Myfitnesspal

Message Boards MFP Suggestions/Feedback
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Change minimum calorie requirements to support people who had weight loss surgery

SavannahLynn10SavannahLynn10 Member, Premium Posts: 5 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5 Member
I know the calorie minimum is 1000 for a reason. But my stomach is 20% of its original size so I don't always get 1000-1200 calories. I feel like there should be a setting where the minimum for a completed diary is a little lower for those who identify they are preparing for (like in the pre-op liquid diet) or are post-op from surgery.

Replies

• goal06082021goal06082021 Member Posts: 1,641 Member Member Posts: 1,641 Member
    You don't have to complete your diary.
  • cwolfman13cwolfman13 Member Posts: 39,583 Member Member Posts: 39,583 Member
    I know the calorie minimum is 1000 for a reason. But my stomach is 20% of its original size so I don't always get 1000-1200 calories. I feel like there should be a setting where the minimum for a completed diary is a little lower for those who identify they are preparing for (like in the pre-op liquid diet) or are post-op from surgery.

You don't have to complete your diary...completing your diary doesn't really do anything special. The minimum is for both health, and also to discourage people with EDs from looking at their super low calories and getting off on it.
  • AnonymouslyFreeAnonymouslyFree Member Posts: 26 Member Member Posts: 26 Member
    Just do a quick add to get to 1,000... that's what I do