Less Alcohol - MARCH 2021

191011121315»

Replies

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    I'm really interested in your "entirely reframe the idea of treats/rewards" concept, @chocolate_owl. I think that would help me a lot, too. And I'm totally on board with you about shopping being a stressor (opposite of treat) and beauty regimen being a chore (also not treat). I personally have done the exact same chocolate vs wine calories per minute of enjoyment calculation, so you are speaking my language on all fronts.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,551 Member
    Happy March!
    In like a lamb.
    Going out like a lion around here.

I am continuing with my goals that I have mostly been following for a year:

16-20 AF days per month
    Don't drink 2 days in a row
    Try to keep 2 AF days in between drinks days

I choose the diary style so that I check in every day, keep myself accountable, and can see at a glance where I am at.

Monday March 29 AF - No brainer, busy early day tomorrow. I will find a way to take off to go ice skating, Thursday is the last day of it until October. Priorities : - )
    Tuesday March 30 - AF - Extremely long work day, a nice brandy or champagne would have been perfect in the tub, but I had drinks both days on the weekend, so skipped it. It wasn't easy to not have drinks for sure. Tuesdays are always a very long day for me, it is a nice day to be able to have a drink. Next week I will go back to that rotation. If I am going to have drinks a couple of times a week then Tuesdays is a good one for me. Happy to hit my 20 AF days. Tomorrow and Thursday are the last opportunities for ice skating until next October (unless I could get to Phoenix or Dallas where they have it year round unlike Canada for *kitten*'s sake). Staying AF today and tomorrow will give me the absolute best skates that I can have to end the season. Turned my 14 hour day into a 16 hour day so that I could duck out and skate at the half way point. Totally worth it. We have just entered another lockdown here, restaurants, gyms and stuff are closed.
    Wednesday March 31 - AF - Tomorrow is the last day of skating. Stayed AF so that I can enjoy it as much as possible. Planned drinks for Thursday night.

Rolling total: 21AF days out of 31 days. Happy with that : - )
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    See you all in the April thread........

@chocolate_owl I am liking your deep dive thinking and questioning....!
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    @MissMay - Thank you for the encouragement and hug!

Well finished up March and good riddance!
    Mar accountability: 4/31 days AF
    Alcohol: 27 days (54 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month

This anniversary party mid April I'm committed to throwing for DD is stressing me out (I was close to tears yesterday around 5pm and needed a hug). Then right after that my god daughter is having her anniversary party in June but wants the shower I was suppose to throw her last year so ... I'm throwing it May 8. The funny thing is I went through all the planning down to menu & grocery list, decor, etc last year and the invites are in the attic so all I have to do is scratch out the date and mail them out. I'm not going to reorder invites and think others will understand.

DH & I decided to not go to the camp this weekend and also not to host easter lunch at our house. His foot after 6 weeks the ligaments are still not healed and he cannot walk/run for his endorphins which mentally is messing with him on top of everything else. We had a long long talk last night and I'm just not sure where we ended up. No one is happy and evenings are boring. The commitment to my mom is getting to us both (monthly $ commitment since we are her retirement plan to supplement social security, maintenance wise with her 5+ hours away needing constant support). He wants to detach himself from our adult children and move away. We've been doing a lot of retirement planning and he wants to retire and move on. I retired in Jan 2019. He would like to now but thinks he will wait until Jan 2021 due to golden handcuffs ... but I'm not sure if mentally we'll make it till then.

Taking all this in ... I've got to quit supporting his daily drinking by me joining in. It doesn't change anything and it definitely doesn't help my weight loss.

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Just in case your looking for us....we are over on our April 2021 thread.

Follow the link below. See you there.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10828925/less-alcohol-april-2021-one-day-at-a-time/p1