What’s your strength training routine look like?

Options
2»

Replies

• DoubleG2
    DoubleG2 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    5 day push/pull split centered on bench, squats, OHP, rows, and dead lifts + cardio T, W, Th (usually a quick 20 min, on the treadmill). Sat. easy long-ish run anywhere between 4 - 8 miles. Sun. recovery. Works for me.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I run a 6 day Push, Pull, Legs split with slightly more pull volume as discussed with my PT. It's designed to continuously prevent my previous should issues, so i do run corrective exercises.

And i start off the days with 10-12 minutes of cardio.
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Trying to be creative and optimistic during corona lockdown without going broke building a complete fitness center at home lolz

Lately multiple days a week 60 push ups, 60 squats, 30 crunches, en 30 side crunches per side

Recently bought rings and coming time figuring out how to build that into workouts

That's besides things like kickboxing (from home), (indoor) cycling, and jumprope

.... sounds like you and I have are into the same work out stuff!

MWF: running intervals - 45 mins total/little over 3 miles, pull ups (2x2x2x2x1), pushups (6x6, 3x5), squats (5x20, 3x10 - *variations* single leg, regular squatting with strikes at the top, sometimes kicks/knees, sumo, etc.), 20-30 minutes with my heavy bag, this usually includes rounds of "fighting", and then intervals of practicing kicks/strikes over and over, ending with a stomp kick to kick the bag over a few times (each leg). On Weds/Sat I attend a virtual (in person before covid) krav maga class, which is pretty fun, and a great way to keep moving. Hopefully in person will come back relatively soon!

T/Th: full body stretches, 15+ miles on the bike, reflex ball work (strap a ball to my head and hit it, trying not to get hit by the ball), shadow fighting with no bag, heavy bag 20-30 mins like MWF, ab workout (roughly 10 mins). Now that it's getting warmer out again, I'll include outdoor biking as well.

Looking to add jiu jitsu sometime in the spring, pretty pumped!

• alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    everyone's routine looks awesome, happy to see people getting out there and just putting in some work with themselves.