Are you struggling to lose weight even though you track everything and eat low calories?

Options
1235»

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,984 Member
    Options
    Mind boggles. :o
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Just think, those cucumber tea bags would work wonders for refreshing your eyes. A 2 for 1 deal.

Cheers, h.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    Why has this thread derailed to cucumber? Anyone feel like discussing liquorice instead?
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Mmm are we talking liquorice root or black liquorice?

The former I haven’t had in decades but used to enjoy, the latter I’ve never really liked unless it was a carrier for kalie. (There’s something for the ‘foreign food’ thread.)

Cheers, h.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,984 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Why has this thread derailed to cucumber? Anyone feel like discussing liquorice instead?

Blame Pav.

I think he is a shill for BigPickles. ;)

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,596 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Mmmmm.. sodium!

But I do have to admit that it was a very sad day, at the time, and liberating, in retrospect, when I first weighed my peanut butter.

It almost matches the day I realized that even though for most intent and purposes 1ml of water is 1g (which is what the scales that purport to measure ml actually measure) most ice cream (and whipped cream) weighs half or less due to fat and air content. So that "125ml" of carefully weighed ice cream was closer to double the calories i thought! :disappointed:
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    Mmm are we talking liquorice root or black liquorice?

The former I haven’t had in decades but used to enjoy, the latter I’ve never really liked unless it was a carrier for kalie. (There’s something for the ‘foreign food’ thread.)

Cheers, h.

Both! I always have both in the house. They're just a must for me :) Though I recently got addicted to pickled cucumber.
  • verdenlola
    verdenlola Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    verdenlola wrote: »
    @paperpudding you got me there, I'm new and to be honest this is my first forum, it took me few days to understand how this works. I'm kind of shy by nature.
    In my experience low calorie doesn't necessarly mean sustainable weight loss. I kind of scheduled my diet (3 days a week green, 2 days white meat, 1 day fish and 1 day red meat). If you can try swimming maybe 2 times a week for half an hour it keeps your full body active and let's be honest it's much easier in the water.
    If you're feeling bloated try fennel tea with a little honey, works wonders!

I dont think many of us would argue that low calorie means sustainable weight loss - on the contrary, the frequent message here is eat appropriate number of calories, not too low, and aim for steady sustainable weight loss.

the other things are your personal preferences - so, sure, if eating white meat, red meat, fish on different days, 3 days green (not sure what you mean by that - only green foods??) and swimming works for you, that's great.

It probably won't be relevant to most people's plan though

and not quite sure how fennel tea came into this -but sure, if it helps with bloating, that's good.

Green foods as vegetables, but I try to keep it as colourfull as possible. Most of my groceries I get from my garden and planting and taking care of it really payed off, flavour is uncomparably better.

One of the biggest problems I had was being bloated mostly because of the weight and partially hormones, I believe that there's a number of people here with the same problem, that's why fennel tea.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    One of the biggest problems I had was being bloated mostly because of the weight and partially hormones, I believe that there's a number of people here with the same problem, that's why fennel tea.

In this thread? Why do you assume that?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,055 Member
    Options
    @paperpudding you got me there, I'm new and to be honest this is my first forum, it took me few days to understand how this works. I'm kind of shy by nature.
    In my experience low calorie doesn't necessarly mean sustainable weight loss. I kind of scheduled my diet (3 days a week green, 2 days white meat, 1 day fish and 1 day red meat). If you can try swimming maybe 2 times a week for half an hour it keeps your full body active and let's be honest it's much easier in the water.
    If you're feeling bloated try fennel tea with a little honey, works wonders!

I dont think many of us would argue that low calorie means sustainable weight loss - on the contrary, the frequent message here is eat appropriate number of calories, not too low, and aim for steady sustainable weight loss.

the other things are your personal preferences - so, sure, if eating white meat, red meat, fish on different days, 3 days green (not sure what you mean by that - only green foods??) and swimming works for you, that's great.

It probably won't be relevant to most people's plan though

and not quite sure how fennel tea came into this -but sure, if it helps with bloating, that's good.

Green foods as vegetables, but I try to keep it as colourfull as possible. Most of my groceries I get from my garden and planting and taking care of it really payed off, flavour is uncomparably better.

May I ask specifically which form of "bloated" you think fennel tea is good for? People here - frustratingly to me - use "bloated" as a synonym for water retention, constipation, and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting in the moment. It helps to be specific.

(I know that some people avoid mentioning things like "constipation". I think a level of clarity is helpful, and ideally would outweigh that impulse, on a health & diet site like this one.)
  • verdenlola
    verdenlola Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

That's one uncomfortable problem that, at least in my experience, people won't really admit. If I'm wrong and overweight people don't have problems with being bloated I apologize.

@AnnPT77 I have too much air in my bowels (which caused a lot of, well farting), my doctor said it was mostly because of hormonal difunction, which really hurts, I used to have to drink pills to control it.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

That's one uncomfortable problem that, at least in my experience, people won't really admit. If I'm wrong and overweight people don't have problems with being bloated I apologize.

I will ask again, have you actually read this thread, or just the title?