Looking for shoe recommendations

2»

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Brooks Walking Shoes are wonderful for stability. Not particularly attractive, thick wide soles, laces, only come in Black and White, but comfortable and supportive. I have had two back surgeries and an spinal cord injury and they are my "go to" shoes when I exercise or walk longer distances. Brooks also offers workout and running shoes that are much more attractive. If you are going to be lifting heavy weights, you need to protect your joints.

That is done with strengthening and hypertrophy primarily. Also a stable shoe without cushion.

• metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    edited May 2021
    Through the years I have cycled through many shoe experiments but my favorite is Merrell barefoot sneakers. I like the dropped heel and minimal support for lifting of all kinds. I also like the shoe for most cardio (step aerobics is an exception for me, but I even like the shoe for running and machines).
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    I never bought weight lifting shoes and have gone barefoot (or rather with socks only). It made a big difference for me vs normal shoes (cross training) cause I felt more stable, more secure on my squats. Am I going to gain a benefit using weight lifting shoes?
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,092 Member
    I have Reebok legacy lifters to squat in. They’re a bit pricey but they’ll last for years
  • nvaldes323
    nvaldes323 Posts: 6 Member
    inov lifting shoes are the absolute best if you ask me.