Downsizers - April 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,938 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I’m so sorry to hear about the pain. I hope it lessens quickly. The excess fluid will cause that weight gain. I’m glad you’re taking care of yourself and listening to your body- not trying to go on two- hour walks 😆

Thanks.....I am struggling to walk down the hallway to my bathroom let alone to go for a 2 hour walk to have Aspen my husky pull me ...no thanks ....I gained 9 lbs from Wednesday :o:o:o I wasn't expecting it to be that high ....
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good morning everyone. Happy Saturday Eve. I hope everyone has a smile on today as we are officially at the end of the 4th month. That means there are less than 7 months until Christmas - when we all get new, smaller clothing, more exercise equipment and another healthy cookbook. Start making your list now so you don't wind up with a tee-shirt, wad of rubber bands and "A vegan's guide to tasty meat dishes" (i hope that isn't a real book since i just thought of it).

rwood566
    weigh-in day: Friday
    cw: 327.6
    pw: 326.6 +1 pound

my body picked a bad day for one of my many bounces. hopped up 2 pounds today. i'm happy for this, actually. i have been losing for a few weeks and my body needed the break. it should take about a week and then realize i'm not starving and start up again. also it's just moving fat around like fuel oil in ships to maintain ballast. this is just a personal observance of my own, not necessarily a scientific one. i don't worry about short breaks, bounces or stalls less than 2 or 3 weeks. they happen to everyone and should to give your bodies a break.
    apr 30, 2021 327.6
    apr 1, 2021 337.2 -9.6 right near my average of 10 lbs a month
    jan 1, 2021 373.8 -46.2 a very acceptable loss
    apr 30, 2020 457.2 -129.6 right on my loss track of 10 lbs a month that i've had since october 2019.

as long as you are trending down, be ok with the occasional bounce. i've bounced 5 lbs in one day and plummeted 4 lbs in one day.

Have a wonderful Friday, weekend, and month of May. May everyone who got showers this month, like @lindamtuck2018 today get May flowers. If you got personal showers, bad news, unlucky events, etc... i hope you get some personal flowers in May.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    We have a new member heading our way ... Please welcome @Poobah1972 :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

I'm Poobah! I'm a very mellow guy that never get's excited and never ever pimps low carb bread. Kay I'm lying... I tend to get way to excited, and I often pimp low carb bread! Please forgive my over exuberance! 😁

I'm a low carber at heart, and I've found the most amazing low carb bread I bake every single week. Low Carb has never been so satisfying.

I quit Smoking exactly 7 days ago... And I also started Walking every morning 7 days ago. I figured.. out with the nicotine, and in with the endorphins. (so far it's working like a charm).

I was way over 500 pounds at one point... Maybe way closer to 600 pounds then I would like to think. thankfully I don't know. I lost lots of weight in 2018, and kind of floated around in 2019.... Things went to hell in 2020... And best as I can figure I was weighed about 487.7 lb on January 9th, of this year.

My weigh in day will be Monday. On Monday April 26 I weight 421.1 pounds.

With all this new fangled exercise and a brand new Fitbit (just 2 days old)... The calorie burn has shot through the roof (Cra-Cra like). That's why I decided to weigh in weekly instead of monthly. I'm scared I might just melt? So I need to monitor more.

Looking forward to knowing you all better!

So happy to have you on our awesome very talkative team :) Congrats on quitting smoking ... I quit in 2019 when I was hospitalized with the flu/pneumonia
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Thank you @lindamtuck2018 and @TheresaM787

This is what I posted to the wall, lol.

Not sure what is going on with my account... I now have a different photo posted. Also, I am only seeing 5 of my 18 photos. Ya know... "I got bigger fish to fry," as they say. I can't let this nonsense with MFP get to me. At least I'm able to log in as opposed to the other day!!😊😎
  • rwood566
    @Poobah1972 welcome to the team. It's nice to have another former 500+pounder.

@Tazaria87 super numbers and exercise. Weight breaks are needed and accepted. Great attitude on the break.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 sorry about the long trip for nothing. Continue to rest and get better.

@Bluetail6 it's been acting weird for me as well. I hope they get it fixed soon.

@rlaskey2 WTG on the breakthrough. Keep it going down. Rest days are good, even if it's because we didn't feel like it. Is the skinny meals a cookbook? I want to check it out.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 maybe the high blood sugar and weight gain are due to the IVs? IV fluid typically runs 5% dextrose says someone whose seen way too many attached to their right arm. Hope you get your drain out soon and the pain lessens.

@lindamtuck2018 your A1C sounds really great and glad that you had a productive visit with your dietician. I hope that you can see your father and in-laws this year.

@rlaskey2 congratulations on breaking through your plateau and hope your sugar cravings have lessened.

@icfa5317 fresh paint always makes a a space feel new so enjoy rearranging your furniture. Hugs to your daughter on her upcoming surgery.

@littleflutterby welcome back!

@Poohbah1972 welcome and wishing you success on quitting smoking and walking. Feel free to share your bread recipe here if you like.

@Bluetail6 hope the vet can make your senior dog comfortable and since MFP is under new ownership it seems glitchier to me too.

@rwood566 You have a great attitude on scale fluctuations and since you are so consistent with your deficit am sure that next week's weight will look better.

@Tazaria87 sounds like another wonderful day making memories and enjoying fitness with family. I will look forward to your next sequence of pictures.

I have heard back from MFP and they will be publishing my story soon. Will share the link when it is published. Received some fresh homegrown asparagus from my sister and brother-in-law tonight. Yum! Feel the same way about Kale as you do @363days. Just not for me. Tomorrow it is going to be in the upper 80s here. This year I am going to actually wear some Bermuda shorts instead of long pants. That's a victory I will take.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    @welcome @lmf1012 and @my_monkey_my_circus. Looking forward to reading your posts.

@TheresaM787 great job getting your steps in and getting your son involved too. It sounds like you both had fun!

@missysave0612 Congrats on your weight loss. How is the house coming along?

@Z10Rtza that diet sounds incredibly difficult! Is it for a short time frame. i did a medically supervised liquid 900 kcal diet for two weeks then they introduced higher calories and food groups gradually after that. Great steps!
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Steps- 11,800!!!!!! Went for a nice long walk with my daughter. Let the boy have a rest.
    Exercise- Peloton 30 minutes, 8 miles moderate effort, plus a quick arms & core workout
    Calories- under
    Tracked everything ate and drank
    Water - only five cups

Happy Friday everyone 🎉
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    rwood566 wrote: »

@Tazaria87 super numbers and exercise. Weight breaks are needed and accepted. Great attitude on the break.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 sorry about the long trip for nothing. Continue to rest and get better.

@Bluetail6 it's been acting weird for me as well. I hope they get it fixed soon.

@rlaskey2 WTG on the breakthrough. Keep it going down. Rest days are good, even if it's because we didn't feel like it. Is the skinny meals a cookbook? I want to check it out.

Thanks @rwood566 ..I go back on Monday at 4pm
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 maybe the high blood sugar and weight gain are due to the IVs? IV fluid typically runs 5% dextrose says someone whose seen way too many attached to their right arm. Hope you get your drain out soon and the pain lessens.

Thanks @Beautyofdreams :) I did my blood sugar this morning and it was 99 so I am not sure why it was so high in the hospital ... I see my GP on the 10th so I will ask him about it
  • rwood566
    Check-in for 4/30:
    Steps - 10596 most of that was my walk.
    Calories - about 1630. Very nicely under. Even had a gooey dessert.
    Exercise - walked 4.3 miles in 1:27. My longest true walk since I started. I did it to honor megan since she can't right now.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    I'm late! Sorry!

Username: piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    SW (Starting Weight): 249 lbs
    PW (Previous Weight): 206.6 lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 207.6 lbs

Gained a pound this week but it’s fine, I barely moved! I’m officially on holidays so will do more sports, I’m looking forward to it :)

• Bluetail6
    Welcome @Poobah1972 😊
  • Bluetail6
    rwood566 wrote: »

Thanks @rwood566 ..I go back on Monday at 4pm

Sorry about the MFP problems. I hope you are well and resting. Somewhere, you mentioned pain. I hope it is getting better!!🧡
  • Bluetail6
    @Beautyofdreams
    We have been going to his regular vet weekly since our emergency vet trip before mid-April. His eye stuff has been getting better. He wasn't eating much for a couple of days, but the vet changed his food, and he was eating like a bear out of hibernation today, and had more energy!! He is such a joy and blessing. When we walked him, he was almost, almost trotting. Hubs and I looked at each other and smiled. MFP is just being MFP, lol😊
This discussion has been closed.