Trimstones - April 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• klassie12
    klassie12 Posts: 19 Member
    klassie12
    Tuesday
    PW: 150
    CW: 150

I have been using Lose It! to track my food and weight. I love that it auto adjusts the calorie budget but I am finding it more and more difficult to stick to as it decreases. Right now it gives me 1270 calories a day. As long as I eat pretty decent I do okay, and I still have room for a bite size candy bar or two. But there really isn't much wiggle room and it is becoming more challenging.
  • gillexplores
    gillexplores Posts: 151 Member
    Missing two weigh-ins this week...

@gillexplores
    @wilsonkellies

Please report in before stats hit tomorrow morning! Thanks!
    Jessica

Hi @jessicakrall8 I was doing my two week maintenance break and asked to be moved to support - I’ll weight in again this coming Sunday! Thank you!
  • gillexplores
    gillexplores Posts: 151 Member
    Steps
    April 15: 10,607
    April 16: 16,056
    April 17: 4,672 (I was typing up final papers all day! Boooo)
    April 18: 14,798
    April 19: 15,733
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,061 Member
    9kl572b3z56i.jpg

VERY excited to introduce our newest member of the Team leadership here... @JoDavo66 has accepted our invitation to join the team as a Motivator. I met with her today and she is simply delightful, enthusiastic and from the last few postings, she's certainly inspiring and motivational! I think she will make an amazing member of our team and I look forward to working with her in the weeks and months to come!

Please take a moment Jo, and introduce yourself to the team and let everybody know a little about you! Team, please send any notifications of landmarks in your journey to Jo, so that we can all celebrate your accomplishments together.

Again, on behalf of @mulecanter and myself, WELCOME to the team!

Jessica :smile:
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,780 Member
    4/16-7,161
    4/17-12,285
    4/18-15,460
    4/19-8,010
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    @JoDavo66 if it makes you feel better I have never managed to upload a photo either ! I can manage a link,but not a photo.

I have posted them from my phone before so I don't understand why they won't. Works from my laptop: strange!
  • JoDavo66
    Hi everyone,
    Thanks to Jessica @jessicakrall8 & @mulecanter for the welcome & correspondence. I love that we could chat face to face across 1000s of miles & timezones- got to love modern tech!
    So, I've been a Trimstone for a few months now & for last 4 years have found the going tough.
    You can spot 2 trends in my family tree photos: the tall skinny ones & those who are "round"- sadly I'm the latter & had to watch my weight all my life! Was a lot easier when I was younger but last 4 years it's crept on & a struggle to loose consistently. I am in need of motivation myself 😀😀. I've been thinking about the post since Jessica posted it and decided it would help me stay motivated too and also accountable to all the Trimstones.

I live in UK on the outskirts of Durham City. I teach Secondary Science (11-16 years), married with 2 teenage girls. I work 4 days equivalent over 5 days so I can have some "me" time which I usually spend in the gym- although Covid has made that impossible when they've had to keep closing.

Please be patient with me if I make an error- just let me know.

Also don't forget to let me know about 25, 50, 75, 100 lb etc milestones. The green zone & dropping to next 100 down are visible to me.

So let's get out motivation on & do this!
    Jo
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Daily Step Goal: 8,000
    4/18: 8,439
    4/19: 8,183
  • shnerb00
    shnerb00 Posts: 269 Member
    edited April 2021
    Thank you for joining the leadership team @JoDavo66 !
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Steps

4/18- 7,231
    4/19- 7,903
    4/20- 6,589
  • JoDavo66
    shnerb00 wrote: »
    Thank you for joining the leadership team @JoDavo66 !

Thank you!
  • JoDavo66
    Just enjoying a little sun & coconut mocha! Finished teaching at 11am (have 2 prep lessons, but due to COVID encouraged to take them off site: I'll do my work mych later in day).
    Counting this as "Self-care challenge " off to gym in a few.
    How are you doing today?
    What's your favourite sneaky "me-time"?
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 900 Member
    Steps
    4/17 29,422
    4/18 17,483
    4/19 16,081
    4/20 21,844
    @kerdil08 I am glad I keep you motivated,there's nothing wrong with a bit of healthy competition.Your daily step count is amazing & well done on your progress with running ! I am sure you are hot on my heels this month you deserve a win 😃
    Thank you for stepping up as our team leader @JoDavo66 I am sure you will be a good motivator.
  • jessicakrall8
    JoDavo66 wrote: »
    Just enjoying a little sun & coconut mocha! Finished teaching at 11am (have 2 prep lessons, but due to COVID encouraged to take them off site: I'll do my work mych later in day).
    Counting this as "Self-care challenge " off to gym in a few.
    How are you doing today?
    What's your favourite sneaky "me-time"?

My knee feels better today, less pain and no swelling...hoping it will stay that way, but gotta make sure to walk around every hour to avoid stiffness. Spreadsheets are holding me at my desk UGH!

My fave "me time" activity lately is lying down and reading a good mystery...my current series is about a librarian who works in a lighthouse with a cat...charming little light reads...nothing heavy and depressing. It actually takes place not far from here off the coast of North Carolina and I've been to the Outer Banks many times...beautiful part of the US if you're ever vacationing along the Atlantic coast. It's about a 30-60 min drive for me.

Hope ya'll have a great day!
    Jessica
  • wilsonkellies
    wilsonkellies Posts: 117 Member
    wilsonkellies
    Wed
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    I had a horrible start of the week due to rainy weather. I'm working to make it up

Steps
    4/15 - 13548
    4/16 - 11669
    4/17 - 8901
    4/18 - 2358
    4/19 - 13857
    4/20 - 14849
  • shnerb00
    sneaky me time— My office is literally across the street from my house so I come home for lunch (when I’m not working from home) and enjoy some quiet alone time.

On another note, I have to step out of the step challenge! 😢 I wanted to be a team player and join in on the stepping fun, even though I don’t actually enjoy tracking my steps 😬 I was planning to give it a try and stick it out for the month of April but I just can’t. Sorry to be a dropout!!! But I’ll be here cheering you all on!! 😁
  • jessicakrall8
    sneaky me time— My office is literally across the street from my house so I come home for lunch (when I’m not working from home) and enjoy some quiet alone time.

On another note, I have to step out of the step challenge! 😢 I wanted to be a team player and join in on the stepping fun, even though I don’t actually enjoy tracking my steps 😬 I was planning to give it a try and stick it out for the month of April but I just can’t. Sorry to be a dropout!!! But I’ll be here cheering you all on!! 😁

@schnerb00 I'll leave you in the running and just fill in the zeros for the rest of the month...just in case your stats place you in the lead during any of the weeks. Thanks for trying...join us again, ANY time!
    Jessica
  • shnerb00

@schnerb00 I'll leave you in the running and just fill in the zeros for the rest of the month...just in case your stats place you in the lead during any of the weeks. Thanks for trying...join us again, ANY time!
    Jessica

Thanks @jessicakrall8 !
This discussion has been closed.