LiLee's 2021 Journey!

13»

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    It's OK dear it's a constant balance between what you need to do for your physical self and what you need to do for your mental/emotional self ❤️❤️❤️
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    I'm still here!
    Just a continuing battle with my mental state that keeps pushing me back to eating horribly.
    I'd like to say that I'm over that now, but we'll see!
    Back at it though.
    Kicked it off with an hour on the recumbent bike and feeling really happy with myself about it.
    Food will be tracked again and.. yeah. I can't believe half of the year is already gone.
    This certainly isn't how I was hoping it was going to go, but I'm going to try my best to make the last half one I can look back on with a great sense of accomplishment in terms of my weight loss journey.

I first started keto in june or july a few years ago and by January/February of the next year, I was 60lbs down.
    Not saying that's going to happen again lol, but just reminds me that with a lot of discipline and consistency, I was able to lose a hellava lot of weight with like really no effort other than sticking to my diet 90% of the time.

It's going to take me a bit more effort to lose this time. Before, I wasn't tracking calories at all, just tracking carbs. But.. it's ok. Gotta remain flexible and change what needs to be changed to get to my goals.

/nodnod

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    I know how you feel❤️ Am battling with my own battles too😢 Hope that you got the dentist appointment 🤞 Sending hugs to you ❤️
  • LiLee2018
    Going strong here since getting back to better eating.
    Kids have just a couple days of school left. THEN.... summer school for my daughter. I'm sure she's going to be joined by a lot of others. It's going to be half her summer vacation, but it's definitely needed. She fell so far behind during virtual learning.
    Guess it's a good thing we have nothing planned for this summer.

I'm going to try learning Japanese though. Hub's friends are planning on going as a graduation present for their youngest in a couple of years.
    I don't know if my brain can even handle trying to learn a new language. I sucked at it when I was in school and can't imagine I'll be good on my own using little apps lol.

Anyway... diet has been going well. Have also been doing light exercise while I get back in to things. I plan on jumping rope again, but wanted to warm back up to doing it.

And yeah... not really much to report on. Just living life and wondering how TF the year is already half over lol
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    That's awesome news! Keep up the good work! :) I guess we Moms will do what we can for our kids! Hope your daughter will enjoy summer school. Its winter here now and its already snowing in the mountains. Take care! <3
  • bonitabeach33
    bonitabeach33 Posts: 67 Member
    Wow Japanese. My brain struggles with English some days. I sure give you loads of credit. I tried Duolingo app for Spanish a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it but just couldnt seem to retain it if I missed even a day LOL.
  • LiLee2018
    Wow Japanese. My brain struggles with English some days. I sure give you loads of credit. I tried Duolingo app for Spanish a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it but just couldnt seem to retain it if I missed even a day LOL.

That's what's happening to me right now lol. I'm remembering some stuff, but not a lot. It goes in one ear and right out the other, but hoping that if I stay consistent it will stick more. I'm only a week in so I'm not expecting to be fluent yet or anything lol.
    Duolingo is frustrating me atm. Like giving me 3 or 4 different ways to say Nice to Meet you, but not giving a reason when you should use one over the other. Or waiting until waaaaay down the line to teach how to count.
    But whatever! I'm not paying their insane price for it so will have to be happy with the free stuff lol

Diet has been going well. I'm not back in the 170's yet but almost. Hoping by next Friday.
    AF is finishing up and I battled with my cravings. Did well though and stuck to my guns. Just still not ready to introduce anything junky back b/c I can just feel it in myself that I'll go overboard with it. So remaining strict and doing well!

Hubs is in Florida right now visiting his BFF lol. He wanted it to be a family trip, but I really didn't want to go (bc we'd be staying with the friend and I haaaaaate doing that so much)... plus daughter has summer school starting Monday anyway so we all wouldn't have been able to go anyway.
    It's all good though, he needs some alone time to visit his friend.

And yeah... not really too much going on here. Chugging along and doing pretty well :)