Introductions

Hello. My name is Tricia. I am today at the heaviest I have ever been. A little back story, I have 4 grown kids and a grandson. 2005 I had a partial hysterectomy, and in 2011 I was so scarred from the 2005 surgery I had to have a total hysterectomy which threw me into menopause. At that point I reached 220 pounds and needed to do something. Somehow I ended up doing the HCG diet in which total pounds lost was 70 in a matter of 8 months. I was then the thinnest I had ever been. Came off the HCG and put on 20 immediately and was able to maintain it. Met a skinny high metabolism man (love of my life) and started laxing on my weight. Fast forward 6 years and I am 235 pounds, always tired, always cranky and miserable. I dont have the energy to work out. I am getting married in 3 months and I want to love the way I look in pictures and a dress. I need to be held accountable and I hope that this is the 1st step in that.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,026 Member
    Welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding - how exciting!

You're right, MFP can be great for creating personal accountability and a path to healthy weight loss. What plan or approach have you settled on, for losing weight? I know you won't want to be losing weight super-fast, since that can have negative appearance consequences, but 3 months gives you time for some good accomplishments on the weight loss front, and also in terms of increasing activity levels to be in vibrant, vivacious glowing health for your wedding.

Best wishes for great success!
  • bernhart96
    bernhart96 Posts: 2 Member
    Well this week I have made myself focus on tracking what I eat and counting calories. So far I have stayed within my calories but I keep going over in my protein. I am not sure if that will have a negative affect or not. I have not worked out yet this week but plan too tonight. I have a fainting disorder, so any extraneous workouts make me feel like I am going to pass out. But my exercise plan to start is going to be 20 to 30 minutes on my eliptical/bike and then 20 minutes doing kettle bell exercises. I found that the kettle bells are easier for me to use than standard free weights. I have a gym membership, but I am very weird about going to a gym by myself. I realize it is just my insecurity but I feel like everyone is focused on me and I dont like it so I would rather just do it at home. But this is the first time in 6 years that I havent quit after 3 days so I am hoping that I finally hit that something has to change attitude. I am tired of feeling and looking miserable.

Thank you for the well wishes. Any advice would be great.