Myfitnesspal

Message Boards MFP Suggestions/Feedback
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Glitch in the exercise/calories logged...

Emmmie37Emmmie37 Member Posts: 30 Member Member Posts: 30 Member
Today I've ran/walked almost 28k steps which usually equates to around 1000-1200 calories burned. Today its says its over 4400 calories...

Any idea why? I'm absolutely certain it's not accurate, unless all my previous exercise logging data is waaaaay under!!

Replies

• janejellyrolljanejellyroll Member, Premium Posts: 25,449 Member Member, Premium Posts: 25,449 Member
    Are you talking about the adjustment from a synced device or are you talking about activity you've logged from the database?
  • Emmmie37Emmmie37 Member Posts: 30 Member Member Posts: 30 Member
    From a synced device. I have a huewei watch and phone that's worked great until this big jump. I have to link the huewei health app to Google fit, the Google fit to MFP but it's not had any issues before today.
  • aburr1801aburr1801 Member Posts: 5 Member Member Posts: 5 Member
    I'm having the same problems with my calorie calculations. Apparently it's the problem of the device that it's syncing from and not from MyFitnessPal. I'm using a Fitbit. See my previous thread before yours. I'm still waiting for more feedback.
  • cmriversidecmriverside Member Posts: 31,251 Member Member Posts: 31,251 Member
    It's not a "Problem."

aburr1801 you just don't understand how your Fitbit works alongside Myfitnesspal.

Here is a link to the thread in the Fitbit Group. You may want to join the group, there is a lot of info there. People have taken a lot of time to explain this:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10098937/faq-syncing-logging-food-amp-exercise-calorie-adjustments-activity-levels-accuracy/p1

• aburr1801aburr1801 Member Posts: 5 Member Member Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks cmriverside. Hopefully Emmmie can get the answer to her questions.