What's on your mind today?

Options
2»

Replies

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @SModa61 I'm 62 and 5'3" at ~120lbs right now but I'm small boned with slender limbs and my excess weight is all in the middle section which is what I'd like to get rid of. I'm probably what is referred to as skinny-fat.

My BMR is 1182. I set my calories for 1200 + active exercise which usually adds another 100-150 calories. If the TDEE the apple watch is showing me is remotely accurate (about 1800-1900 per day) then I should still be losing weight but I'm not thus my decision to go with the recomp and change my meal plans to spread the protein out since everything I've read suggested this is better for gaining muscle. Actually, my dietician suggested it months ago and I tried for a few days but gave up on it pretty quickly. At the time I didn't have a solid reason to do it but now I do.

My current goal is to get to 112lbs with a maintenance range of 110-115lbs. Ultimately, I don't much care what my weight is. I care about being strong, healthy, well toned and well proportioned physically. I was feeling a little frustrated when I posted. It's always difficult to create new habits initially. I need better planning.

I've been making use of protein drinks for one of my meals this week as 50/50 mix of whey powder and hemp powder (with frozen fruit added) at least until the hemp powder is gone. I found it too heavy and chalky to use in smoothies. In the future I'll stick to whey.

Thanks to everyone for your responses. I appreciate it.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,855 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @lazyblondchef Sounds like your putting your plan together.

From my WW receptionist days, the questions I would through at a member are accuracy of tracking or possible under eating. Strangely, the second brought lots of success and thanks from members. It was a nerve racking instruction in the beginning then I saw that somehow it works. Jordan Syatt had a youtube talking about the "whys".

FWIW i'm almost 60, almost 5'5" and 122.6 this am, so proportionally your goal and my goal are similar. I did start a thread you might check out. I have read the replys, but not studied the content yet. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10833383/limitations-on-waist/p1