Introductions!

13»

Replies

• JacquelineCharmander
    JacquelineCharmander Posts: 38 Member
    Hey yall. First time doing this. Since I'm late (I only discovered MFP even had a community functionality yesterday), I figured I would take part in the challenge but just opt to not be part of winner circle as it seem to be a lot of work to check in daily and post. Instead I wanted to focus on acknowledging when I fail instead because I think if I failed, I need to be called out so I feel ashame of it and don't do it again :tongue:

Good luck to everyone here!
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    Failed, ashamed :o Why thinking this way even before trying :)
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    edited May 2021
    I've been on UAC for quite some time... not exactly sure how many months...but at least 9... March 18th was the day of my Mom's widowmaker heart attack...but PRAISE GOD...she is one of the 12% that survive this type of heart attack outside of the hospital and is doing really well considering. I stayed true to tracking...and logging in - but was not able to keep on track given the time spent with family and driving back and forth 6 hrs... So - I have learned about myself during times of routine change...I am back home for now - and I'm resetting. I work from home, homeschool my 15 yr old even when not in a pandemic and have a grown son at home as well. I'm looking at a slow and steady loss plan to rid my life of 150 extra lbs. I lost 22 during the past year - have regained some during the past 1.8 months - but I am going to get things moving in the correct direction again now....and plan to keep striving. The encouragement I get from reading others posts on here...helps me stay focused. I'm excited about being able to hit the gym again soon. I'm contemplating joining a kickboxing gym (cardio based) ...but want to protect my joints by losing 20 lbs first. Experimenting with doing the inter. fasting thing. I turned 50 in February. I have been through things - haven't we all... that I allowed to take over that area of my life that should have been reserved for discipline and self care. No excuse is valid enough to keep living that way(I said to myself in Feb. 2020). So - started walking with a neighbor when I could after the lockdowns, joined an online workout group...that is now meeting outdoors at parks and online...(pondering going in person now that I'm vaccinated)... Anywho - that's me in a nutshell. I pet sit full time. I am excited to go to church in person this coming weekend...hoping to anyway/if my sons will allow...... Alright - that's way more than anyone wanted to read... if you did - kudos to you! Here's to our collective successes - and motivating each other during the ongoing challenges.
  • JacquelineCharmander
    JacquelineCharmander Posts: 38 Member

Haha it because I started MFP on Monday of this week (May 3rd). Before that I didn't keep track of calories and I know for sure I ate too much ice cream on one of the day so that for sure already use up one of my free pass :tongue:

It not that I think I will fail, but rather I want to log when I fail so that I feel shamed when I have to announce public that I didn't hold myself accountable on that day. I don't intend on failing any time soon though :wink:
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    @dsgoingtodoit I am sure you will get where you want to be. One can feel your determination. Kickboxing is that I always wanted to try... :)
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,785 Member

Haha it because I started MFP on Monday of this week (May 3rd). Before that I didn't keep track of calories and I know for sure I ate too much ice cream on one of the day so that for sure already use up one of my free pass :tongue:

It not that I think I will fail, but rather I want to log when I fail so that I feel shamed when I have to announce public that I didn't hold myself accountable on that day. I don't intend on failing any time soon though :wink:

there is no time like today. There is also a list of folks who altho they had more than 3 pass days, they checked in every day and kept themselves accountable. So why not start today? Honestly this is not a place where we shame or chastise people. We want to help and encourage. Posting daily and meeting the 3 goals regardless of pass days makes you a winner. And the daily posting keeps us all a big family with birthdays and illnesses and struggles and successes all rolled up into one wonderful package. Welcome!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited May 2021
    ...if I failed...
    There are no failures. Only lessons learned, which in the end, as long as you remain accountable (purpose of this challenge), make you a wiser, smarter, and ultimately healthier person. That's a win. Just persevere past those challenges and you can do anything.

@dsgoingtodoit Glad to hear your mother survived that harrowing heart attack!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,785 Member
    I've been on UAC for quite some time... not exactly sure how many months...but at least 9... March 18th was the day of my Mom's widowmaker heart attack...but PRAISE GOD...she is one of the 12% that survive this type of heart attack outside of the hospital and is doing really well considering.

My brother had a widowmaker blockage about 7 years ago. It was actually caught with his annual eye exam. He then went immediately to his cardiologist who sent him to the cath lab the next day. Do not stop. Do not pass go! He had a stent put in and was lucky not to have had the heart attack. He did have some other mild symptoms which when they reoccurred earlier this year he had to go have another stent put in. But so far knock on wood. All good. Because it seems to be genetic to have clogged "stuff" in our family I also have a cardiologist check up in June after 7 years ago I did a stress echo to make sure all was ok.

I can totally understand you being out of the loop while you were caring for you mom!!! HUGS!! and welcome back.

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Hey yall. First time doing this. Since I'm late (I only discovered MFP even had a community functionality yesterday), I figured I would take part in the challenge but just opt to not be part of winner circle as it seem to be a lot of work to check in daily and post. Instead I wanted to focus on acknowledging when I fail instead because I think if I failed, I need to be called out so I feel ashame of it and don't do it again :tongue:

Good luck to everyone here!

Yay! You made it into the UAC. You'll love it here!
  • lacatgirl
    lacatgirl Posts: 353 Member
    edited May 2023
    Hi - I am joining this group late and know that it is recommended to wait till June but I need accountability now! I am really having trouble focusing on losing weight and I have so much weight to lose! My knees hurt, I have no energy and feel just plain heavy. I keep starting and stopping weight loss plans - I need to establish some consistency asap. I have done it before and there is no reason I cannot do it again.

I know I cannot officially be in this challenge till June but I am going to start today with accountability and posting. I hope that is ok!