May 25 Sign In

13»

Replies

• lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,710 Member
    I've mentioned weekly averaging more than once. I've done while losing or maintaining for many years. Weight watchers have a system of daily points and weekly extras that can be taken when you want/need. (Well that was 20 years ago but I think it's still their system). Other weight loss groups allow you to "carry forward" unused calories from one day to the next. It's always worked for me. After all, in real life every day is different.
    You can see it easily using an app on your phone (mine is an android) but you can use the "reports" function on the website or you could write notes to remind yourself how many calories you have saved up.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,855 Member
    SModa61 wrote: »
    To share more about this 7 day average feature.

Final comment, wow on the scale. That pizza was not kind. 2.6 lb gain overnight. (BTW from my years of daily weighing I know that high carb, salty foods will produce a temporary gain that is illogical in size based on the calories consumed.

Prior to age 50 I weighed 105lbs and my weight did not fluctuate at all. But now that I'm 15lbs heavier it does. It is something I'm still not used to. I weighed myself the morning after I returned from my vacation and was up about 4lbs from when I left and then the next day I was already down about 2.5lbs. It seems so crazy to me.

On the 7 day average feature. If I'm not mistaken you have iPhone/Watch. The 7 day average an additional app? I also noticed you've mentioned the TDEE from you device. I don't see anything like that ... is that another app?

@lazyblondchef I am now 59 years old and, over my many many on and off years with weightwatchers, I have done a lot of daily weighing and so has my husband. Over the years we mutually concluded that we would not have a pasta dinner the night before our WW weigh-ins. It was a guaranteed temporary gain, regardless of the calories eaten.

For that 7 day average feature, it is an MFP feature I can access on my iphone. You go to the diary tab (left of center on iphone screen), tap it, then scroll to the bottom of the diary and there will be the options"complete diary", "nutrition", "notes". Tap nutrition. That will then bring up the 7 day average data.

For TDEE, that is available to me because of my apple watch, but can be viewed on my iphone. For that, I open the fitness app on my phone. Then tap on my activity rings. Then in red in the "move" section will be "total" followed by a number. That is your TDEE for that day as determine by your watch.

Hope that helps.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited May 2021
    @biketheworld "Weight loss" and "getting healthy" are never just really about the scale. Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Here's my late entry...

---|---|---|--
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES | Theresa Depasquale's 90-Day Workout Program (48), 5km run (35) TOTAL: 83
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES | Base + 521
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES |
    ---|---|---|---

Personal Bonus: Did I meet my protein macro for the day (40%)? NO | 35%
    Pass Days Used: (MAY14)

ETA: Added my run. Apparently, it was quite forgettable
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    @biketheworld Thanks for your compliment! I aspire to be an encourager. When my life is over, I will have been a success if there are people who say, "He was an encourager to me."
    It is a more simple life aspiration than many, but it is what I consider to be my life well lived.
    Thanks again for sharing your life story with me/us.
    Best wishes to you too!
    Your friend, Rick
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,217 Member
    May 25

Exercise: yes
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: Yes
    Pass days: 2/3
  • idoliov
    idoliov Posts: 165 Member
    Pass day.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,281 Member
    edited May 2021
    May 25, 2021

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Kitchen Closed? Yes

Going nuts with nuts today? No (20 days-free )
    (I go nuts with nuts most times, trying to build a good habit this month. Counting the number of "nuts" free days. Did they say 21 days to form a habit?) Well, I am almost there! day 20.... 1 more day!!!

Pass day 3/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records). Trying to hold on to only this number
  • Hulya_79
    Hulya_79 Posts: 451 Member
    May 25

Exercise: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
    Pass days: 3/3