May 14 Sign In

Options
13»

Replies

• Higa2021
    Higa2021 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    @Higa2021 - that is always a tough spot to be in. It seems people want to eat whatever they want and don’t want to be made to feel guilty or self conscious while doing so. In the past, I would just eat to avoid the discussion and then feel horrible after. I have an autoimmune disease and many foods bother me. Even without an illness, as you know, our bodies react to foods we know we shouldn’t or don’t want to eat - mentally and/or physically. Now I don’t tell people I am watching what I eat or go into detail about my illness, I just simply say - “No thank you. I wish I could, but when I eat food like that, my body reacts terribly for a few days.” People don’t want others to not feel well and tend to accept that because they don’t feel judged for what they choose to eat. I noticed the same thing about alcohol. Peer pressure exists even in our latter years. I may have one or two or none (it depends on the day, my goals, what I have to do the next day, etc) and I just say my stomach isn’t handling alcohol that well so I’m trying to limit it. That’s it. No more detail. It seems to work. It is my body and my choices. I am trying not to be influenced by others. Now when I go to my mom’s — it gets a bit harder.

Friday, May 14

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: Yes, recovery day - walk

Pass days to date - 3

I have to get better at it. I refuse alcohol because of physical reactions. You're right, I should be able to do the same with food.
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    14th
    Not sure if its a pass for 14th will know by end of the day. Xox
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    @biketheworld - he was so, so happy. ❤️
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @mshawski and when he is happy, you are happy too! Well done! You are a great Mom!
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 - are you in the John hopkins study? I am in that one and so far I have antibodies despite monthly infusions. The Times article scared the heck out of me. My doctor told me a lot of people, including doctors, completely misinterpreted the study results.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,972 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 - are you in the John hopkins study? I am in that one and so far I have antibodies despite monthly infusions. The Times article scared the heck out of me. My doctor told me a lot of people, including doctors, completely misinterpreted the study results.

@readyornot
    UNC “Prevent COVID” study

I will eligible for the first of two antibody tests @ 3 month mark post 1st vaccine (June 5) Fingers crossed!!!

I’m going to look for a kidney transplant clinical trial, too!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    May 14
    🌼 Tracked all to the gram
    🌸 calories under!
    🌺 exercise 11,089 steps 1:40 (AM & PM walks)

No sugar ✔️
    Sodium ✔️
    Sat Fat ✔️
    Protein ✔️
    Fiber ✔️
    🎨 ✔️
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Pass day no 1.
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017

That’s great! We won’t know what’s going on in any area without longer term studies.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,281 Member
    Options
    May 14, 2021

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Kitchen Closed? Yes

Going nuts with nuts today? No(10 days-free )
    (I go nuts with nuts most times, trying to build a good habit this month. Counting the number of "nuts" free days. Did they say 21 days to form a habit?)

Pass day 3/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records)
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017

That’s great! We won’t know what’s going on in any area without longer term studies.

Yup. There is talk of booster shoots. I am patient - both with my weight loss & maintenance habits& with Scientists who are working madly to figure this out!
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,855 Member
    Options
    @Higa2021 - that is always a tough spot to be in. It seems people want to eat whatever they want and don’t want to be made to feel guilty or self conscious while doing so. In the past, I would just eat to avoid the discussion and then feel horrible after. I have an autoimmune disease and many foods bother me. Even without an illness, as you know, our bodies react to foods we know we shouldn’t or don’t want to eat - mentally and/or physically. Now I don’t tell people I am watching what I eat or go into detail about my illness, I just simply say - “No thank you. I wish I could, but when I eat food like that, my body reacts terribly for a few days.” People don’t want others to not feel well and tend to accept that because they don’t feel judged for what they choose to eat. I noticed the same thing about alcohol. Peer pressure exists even in our latter years. I may have one or two or none (it depends on the day, my goals, what I have to do the next day, etc) and I just say my stomach isn’t handling alcohol that well so I’m trying to limit it. That’s it. No more detail. It seems to work. It is my body and my choices. I am trying not to be influenced by others. Now when I go to my mom’s — it gets a bit harder.

Friday, May 14

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: Yes, recovery day - walk

Pass days to date - 3

@readyornot1234 @higa2021 Ready's post made me remember similar discussions during my WW days. I remember people saying how differently people react when your "reason" for not eating something is medical and I knew people who were resorting to claiming food allergies or the like and their need to debate ceased. Just an idea.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,831 Member
    Options
    5/14
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅