Myfitnesspal

Message Boards MFP Suggestions/Feedback
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Phone Battery Drain

Cameron11209Cameron11209 Member Posts: 3 Member Member Posts: 3 Member
My phone battery was draining very fast. I looked at my battery health and found that Myfitnesspal has used a whopping 84% of my battery in the last 24 hours, and I was not even in the app. This was more than my navigation, music and podcast use combined.

I deleted the application. I cannot have it make my phone useless.

This needs to be fixed or I need to find another application. Anyone have this issue?

Replies

• cwolfman13cwolfman13 Member Posts: 39,105 Member Member Posts: 39,105 Member
    Hmmm...weird. No, no issues with that for me.
  • goal06082021goal06082021 Member Posts: 910 Member Member Posts: 910 Member
    Seconded, my app has used about 2% of my battery since the last full charge and that's mostly because I left my phone unlocked on the counter with the app open for like an hour. Sounds like you need a new phone.
  • PAV8888PAV8888 Member Posts: 7,908 Member Member Posts: 7,908 Member
    Is the app still randomly consuming inordinate amount of data from time to time?
  • Cameron11209Cameron11209 Member Posts: 3 Member Member Posts: 3 Member
    PAV8888 - I deleted the application. It used up 84% of my battery on a day that I needed the hiking navigation app on my phone. Eating up my battery when I am not using an app is dangerous in situations where I have decided to rely on my phone. I will need to reinstall it on a day when I don't actually need my phone for anything else.

goal06082021 - 2% would be what I would expect for usage. That sounds reasonable.