Less Alcohol - MAY 2021 - One Day At A Time

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Trying to balance work with pleasure a bit better. My life feels like 80% work/15% unplanned stuff requiring my attention/5% fun. @dawnbgethealthy I am headed for burn-out if I don't balance up this mix soon. At least I ran 2 days back to back, keeps my energy going.

ahoy_m8 your social calendar sounds wonderful....full on party every weekend (jealous in a good way!)

Today is party prep day. We're smoking an 11 lb pork shoulder all day long w/hickory, serving that with corn on the cob (we like to grill it plain then when serving add olive oil and a cajun or taco type of seasoning to it), homemade coleslaw, watermelon.

AF today again. My temptation will be the Hagen Daaz on sale for $1.66. That is a really good deal.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,553 Member
    Options
    My May Goals:
    16-20 AF days per month.
    Changing my goals as my schedule is changing, but sticking to the 16-20 AF days.

My daily check in:

Sunday May 30 - AF - Nice to hit my 20AF days. I've been all over the place this month, long (for me) stretches of AF, and also drinks several days in a row. My schedule will be out of wack for another month or so, but all good.

Rolling total: 20AF out of 30 days
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @MissMay
    How exciting about being in that movie! Yes, that will be a memory that will stick with you : - )

You are setting such a great example for your DH that one can still go out, have fun, enjoy live music etc. and it doesn't have to be all about the drinks. Obvi not rubbing off on him : - (
    So great that you are sticking to your guns though, for yourself, and your health and happiness.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Options
    Welcome @Katie43210, of course you can join us in here. You can definitely start out as slow as you wish to cut back. Try cutting back on the number you consume when you do drink. Or choose one day a week to skip the drinks. We are all on our own patteren for setting our own goals.
    😊

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Well another night last night with no discussion about alcohol and both DH & I did not poor a drink.
    Racking up AF evenings in May to meet my personal minimum :). One more evening in May. Reviewing my lack of success and successes this month. I did much better the second half of the month and when DH joined me with no tempting bottles of open wine every night I wasn't even tempted to open one myself.

May accountability: 13/31 days AF
    Alcohol: 17 days (41 drinks)
    Goal:
    Limit 1-2 glasses per day ❌
    12-16 AF days per month ✔️
    Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row. ❌

5/1 - 4 … 1 beer + 3 wine. @ fishing camp 🎣
    5/2 - 1 margarita. @ fishing camp 🎣
    5/3 - AF
    5/4 - 3 … 2 wine + 1 rum & diet coke
    5/5 - 2 … 1 Morejito + 1 tequila shot. Meeting up this evening with “Sisters Who Sip” for Cinco de Mayo at Be More Pacific - Filipino Kitchen and Bar. Our first monthly gathering in over a year. https://www.bemorepacifickitchenandbar.com/covid-19-menu
    5/6 - 3 … 1 whisky + 2 wine; Virtual Whiskey Experience Tasting w/ DH’s team from work (samples provided)
    5/7 - AF
    5/8 - 5 … Hosted Mimosa Brunch Bridal Shower. 1 mimosa w/ champagne then AF mimosas (YEA for Spanish Zero Codorniu non alcoholic champagne /cava). However, the evening I decided to drain the fridge of leftover alcohol but did not pour it down the sink. Evening 2 glasses wine + 2 glasses champagne
    5/9 - AF . mimosas for Mother’s Day Brunch; AF in the evening too!
    5/10 - 1 wine
    5/11 - 2 wine
    5/12 - 3 … 2 wine + 1 rum & diet coke
    5/13 - 3 … 2 wine + 1 bourbon & diet coke
    5/14 - 1 Torchy’s Tini
    5/15 - 4 … 1 St Arnold’s Summer Pils lunch + 3 wine at dinner
    5/16 - AF
    5/17 - 1 wine @ Book Club
    5/18 - AF
    5/19 - AF
    5/20 - 2 wine
    5/21 - 2 wine @ Central Market Cooking Class (DH started AF focus)
    5/22 - AF
    5/23 - AF
    5/24 - AF
    5/25 - AF
    5/26 - 2 wine Friends 60th Bday
    5/27 - AF @ fishing camp 🎣
    5/28 - 2 wine @ fishing camp 🎣
    5/29 - AF @ fishing camp 🎣
    5/30 - AF @ fishing camp 🎣
    5/31 - TBD @ fishing camp 🎣

• MissMay
    Options
    Here it is. Just what you have been waiting for. The link to our June 2021 less alcohol thread

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10834363/less-alcohol-june-2021-one-day-at-a-time/p1?new=1

• MissMay
    Options
    Note to self:

3f01i6usf5ry.jpg

If only it were that easy for many of us. That is why we have this fine group of supporters on this thread. If you think you may need a little extra accountability and help getting over the hump to cut back, than join us.

We are not here because we have to be. We are here because we WANT to be.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    1.5-2 glasses of wine this evening. Goodbye May and hello June!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    My May Goals:
    16-20 AF days per month.
    Changing my goals as my schedule is changing, but sticking to the 16-20 AF days.

My daily check in:

Sunday May 30 - AF - Nice to hit my 20AF days. I've been all over the place this month, long (for me) stretches of AF, and also drinks several days in a row. My schedule will be out of wack for another month or so, but all good.
    Monday May 31 - AF - Early start to the day, but I was home by 3:30 which felt like a day off. Put a few good hours into the yard and I will get an early night, long late days for 2 after this one.

Rolling total: 21AF out of 31 days - Great, I am right where I wanted to be with that.

See y'all on the June thread.