WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2021

Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,355 Member
    Will have to wake Egg up in a few minutes so I can go make Corey's lunch for work and coffee to get him through his morning--and get my second and final cup as well. She's asleep in my lap, her favorite place when I'm just roaming around the Internet in the morning as I wake up while indulging my first cup.

Inside day coming up, everything outside is soaked from the overnight rain, and a thunderstorm due between 9 and 10 a.m., so time to get back to my quilt and get it finished.

Machka - I loved your "types of vacations" but never got a single one of them until I retired.

Egg's moved on - she never likes the tippy-tapping once I start typing.

Time to get moving!
    <3
    Lisa
  • LisaInArkansas
    Oh - and what I forgot to mention was that, while I was zooming around getting the yard mowed yesterday, I ran the big zero-turn mower over a rather large piece of barbwire that I just thought was a vine that had fallen out of a tree. It was left behind by the kids when they dismantled a fence for us.

Unfortunately, Corey's first chore this weekend will be yanking that barbwire out of the mower blades. Don't think I damaged anything permanently, but it is a horrible sinking feeling when the engine cuts out by being dragged down by twisted barbwire. Unique sound, not one I want to hear again.

Time to get something accomplished!

Or not.

I'm retired, after all...

<3
    Lisa
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,600 Member
    Good Morning!
    I am a bit overwhelmed! Went to grocery last night......why that is so hard for me I need to figure out....$400! We better be eating better and at home, just saying! In all fairness, I haven't done much more shopping than picking up milk in close to 2 months.

I need to catch back up at work, make a menu of some sort, figure out a schedule for cleaning, emails, bill pay, shopping, cooking, hot tub, exercise, watering plants......my the list goes on and on.....maybe I should have done that this past weekend instead of reading my magazines that I am a year behind on......felt nice to just BE though.

Man, I AM whiny today! I am truly blessed with work, home, health, husband, family, food, ac, and niceties. I shouldn't be whiny. Just overwhelmed with all the responsibilities. This too shall pass.

Thank you all for being here!
    HUGS to all as we all need them!
    Congratulations on all the projects being completed!

<3
    Kylia in Ohio where I need to pack some food for lunch since I just bought it! Page 55
  • kymarai
    Michelle- Sorry about Bonnie. This has been a rough year for our fur babies.
    Vicki- Congratulations!

Caught up!
  • kymarai
    Pip- I need donation info please.....
  • LisaKinVA
    LisaKinVA Posts: 18 Member
    It was a swim meet weekend, so I was gone most of the time. While I am a coach, this weekend I played "official." (I actually was a swimming official/starter/ref for years before switching to coaching -- but since it was overseas, I have to be trained again. I spent all day Saturday walking back and forth a 50 meter pool. I was kind of surprised we didn't rotate around at all. Needless to say, I was tanked. Sunday was easier -- worked the turn end -- a lot less walking. And yesterday, I unofficially started coaching for our summer league swim team. So many little kids! We start in the pool next week, so I'm hoping the weather gets nice again. My vitamin D levels are going to soar (they've been really low since COVID lockdowns).

Today is my weekly progress report. Down over 2 inches and 2 pounds. Happy about the scale movement. Feeling a bit awful though (revenge of the perimenopause maybe?) UGH. I could spend all day in bed. I feel nauseous. I need to eat today, though. Wasn't feeling so great last night, so didn't eat much (just a half cup of plain greek yogurt with some berries).

I'll be heading out over lunch to get to the local nursery to find something to hopefully save my strawberry plants. Some sort of wilt or blight, or maybe nitrogen deficiency. I don't know ... but I've almost lost one plant (that was big and bushy), my other big bushy one is starting to show signs of distress, and my only plant with runners is also now showing signs of distress. The three little ones aren't doing great, either.

Hoping I can plant my bushes out front this weekend (oh, and we're remodeling my bathroom, too ... the person who did the original "remodel" did a sub-par job (repeat after me: Tar paper is for roofing. It does NOT waterproof a shower pan). Seller just kept adding caulk -- which allowed it to pass inspection -- but within 3 months of living here with daily showers, gave me puddles in my kitchen. The shower is rotted out, and even this 8" beam (from the early 70's ... so it's hard wood) is rotten. We also have to sister floor joists that have been compromised. But, in a couple of months, I'll have a nice new shower and ample bathroom storage!!

Projects ... swimming ... work ... continue to work on "me."
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    I've hiked 90 flights of 20 stairs in the past two days (1800 individual stairs) in an attempt to complete this month's stair climbing challenge.

We're closing in on the last few days.

M in Oz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,904 Member
    :)Pip,Happy Birthday
    966247mn6lidxqrb.gif
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited May 2021
    Pip: HAPPY 62!!!! May it be an excellent year. :heart: :star::heart:
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    🍃🌿🌱
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    We had to put Bonnie down today. She started to go downhill Saturday but when we got back from bowling, she was much worse. Eating very little, hardly drinking, drooling, hacking, having a hard time walking.

Cancer....I HATE you

Michele NC

So sorry for your loss. Still miss our Pokey whom we had to make the same decision. We love our furbabies so much!
    Cheri
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited May 2021
    Michele: I am so sorry that you had to put Bonnie down and I am sorry for your loss. Our pets are important parts of our families. I think of them as our fur children. We are still grieving the loss of our old dog, Schooner. I can guess how you are feeling. :broken_heart:
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    kymarai wrote: »
    Pip- I need donation info please.....

Here is my link to donate online

https://mssociety.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=46973&referrer=bfiphppage

Or u can mail a check to
    975 E Foxhill Drive
    Fresno CA 93720

Ca payable to Nat’l MS Society

Thx for your support!

Today I’m 62! Woke up (5:30am) PST to the smell of bacon and the happy birthday sign up. He was going to take me the breakfast in bed but I came downstairs b4 he could take it upstairs....sweet man

Happy Birthday!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,190 Member
    edited May 2021
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY PIP! :drinker:

Just had our Singing Zoom. DH's laptop couldn't connect today, so my tablet came to the rescue.
    I'm still delighted at being able to print out the songs direct from my phone! :D

I think I've made a decision over the font, but may need to make it smaller. I will print out pages in both sizes and see what DH thinks. What I don't want is to impair the flow of the text.

I've had no luck with the language exchange website, ( perhaps no one wants to chat with an old woman as most of them are young ), so I've signed on to Italki for a trial conversation lesson. The first three lessons can be trials, so extremely cheap! My first one is on Sunday afternoon on Zoom. I will soon see if it's worth it. I can’t really afford regular lessons. It occurred to me that I could sign up to teach English, as I am a trained EFL teacher and did it for years. I don't think I want to though. :*

Now to have a quick half hour row before settling down to the TV.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • LisaInArkansas
    Happy birthday, Pip!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Happy Birthday Pip!!!
    Today is 31 yrs since my dearest second dad passed away. He had lung cancer and died at 60 yrs old..when his kids didnt want to do anything with them,he would call me and tell me to be ready in 5 minutes and off on an adventure..we had more fun..Someday I know ill see him again
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,028 Member
    Michele, so sorry to hear about dear Bonnie. So sad to lose a furbaby.

Annie in Delaware
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,028 Member
    Happy birthday Pip!