Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Success Stories
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Struggling 😕

amiocamioc Member, Premium Posts: 60 Member Member, Premium Posts: 60 Member

I have been trying to loose weight now for 3 years. My goal is to go from a uk size 10 to a uk size 8 without having to squeeze into them 😕 so probably need to loose around 12lbs ish maybe a bit less.
My problem is I don’t stick to anything. I’ll loose like 6lbs and then gain it all back sometimes more. I can’t stick to healthy eating for long. Food is definitely my biggest problem. I joined the gym a year and a half ago and loved it but since COVID hit I haven’t been much at all because of lockdowns. I couldn’t get in to the whole exercise at home. I’m really struggling mentally because I hate to way I look and the past few summers I’ve felt so uncomfortable and I promise myself that next summer I will be at my goal but it never happened 😕. Is there time to get near my goal by June?
So I’m hoping to get advice and tips as to how anybody started out on there journey? How much did you cut out in the beginning? How do you still manage to maintaining/loosing weight?
I’d be so grateful to anyone that could help me ☺️. Sorry for such a long post!
edited May 1

Replies

• ginamyrmelginamyrmel Member, Premium Posts: 26 Member Member, Premium Posts: 26 Member
    I limit myself to 1000 calories and 20 carbs. I started the Keto lifestyle in July of 2020 at 215 pounds. I'm currently down 56 pounds and have hit a plateau. I eat lunch around 11:30 a.m. and eat dinner at 4:00 p.m. I'm not worried about the plateau as I watch YouTube videos on just that subject daily. I also measure my ketones twice a day with a KetoBM blood meter. I walk daily for about half an hour and exercise at the gym for at least that long. None of this is perfect. I'm just doing the best I can and feel OH so much better. I have a lot of loose skin that I'm not happy about, but fully clothed I look okay. :D
    I hope something in these replies help you in your struggle. Keep in mind that we all struggle. It's a lot of work, but I like to keep in mind that nothing tastes as good as losing weight feels. Sending warm wishes. --Gin
  • denaleebelldenaleebell Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
    There are so many great suggestions here. I will add, sometimes accountability helps. You could hire a trainer or find a workout buddy. I would be happy to be your accountability partner. I need one as well. We could check in on each other?
  • charmmethcharmmeth Member Posts: 841 Member Member Posts: 841 Member
    I am wondering what your start weight and height are? It would be easier to respond if we knew. To put this in context, I am 5'11" and for me getting to a UK size 8 would be illusory. I am at my goal weight and am a UK size 14 or 16 (depending on the style/manufacturer).