Meal Plan

amkresse
amkresse Posts: 2 Member
I am wanting to do the calorie count meal plan. Am I only able to pick from the 3 meals they offer for the lunch? Or can I pick something else?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    amkresse wrote: »
    I am wanting to do the calorie count meal plan. Am I only able to pick from the 3 meals they offer for the lunch? Or can I pick something else?

You mean the calorie count plan in the MFP Plans feature?

You can count calorie without following any particular meal plan. From a weight loss standpoint, only the calories matter directly. (However, food choice or timing may affect how full you feel, or how much energy you have, so affect weight loss indirectly.) Also, well-rounded nutrition is important for health. I did a "remodel you eating" approach to hit my calorie goal, using foods I find tasty and filling. It worked great. That's described here:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

In the short run, sure, you can substitute a similar meal for the MFP recommended lunches, at the same calories.
  • amkresse
    amkresse Posts: 2 Member
    I was looking at the low carb plan.
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    I would just change your macros to Macros: 20% carbs, 40% protein, 40% fat.

Or 70% fats, 5% carbohydrates, and 25% protein. (Keto)

Do this by going to the goals tab and changing your calorie goal/macro split ratios