Replies

• 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    psychod787 wrote: »
    I’m wondering why people are so concerned with all this. The guy is giving advice, for free, on an Internet forum. He’s not the nutritionist of the Mayo Clinic, nor did he say he was. Take his advice or don’t. Drink 3/4 a gallon of water if a gallon is too much. Drink none, nobody cares. I haven’t seen him giving advice that would have anyone hurting themselves in regard to lifting weight either. Lift to failure or leave a couple in the tank. Or don’t, once again, nobody cares.
    People give advice on apple cider vinegar, cleanses, starvation mode, etc. On an open forum, there will be people who don't engage and MAY take that advice as gospel because they are unknowledgeable on the subject. Having other viewpoints gives that same lurker more information. At least that way they can make a more informed decision. Right?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

They don’t need more information then the one I give them; that’s why I made this thread they everyone is hijacking. trust me. If I don’t know about a topic; I’ll gladly say so. I don’t know everything and I hate bro science so I’ll never spew *kitten* at no one
    1 gallon of water a day as a general rule is broscience my man.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Is a gallon of water a day "broscience"? Yes. Absolutely. Is it applicable to everyone? Of course not. Is it bad advice? Uhhh.... if it gives someone a target to shoot for, maybe not. If it crowd out calorie containing beverages? Yes, imho. I go back to the differences in psychology between people. Some people dont like "rules". They buck them every chance they get. Then there are others that love structure. It's an interesting idea.
    It's funny when I watch some people in the gym carrying around a gallon jug of water and they make 3 or more visits to the bathroom while they are there (I'm in the gym 3-4 hours working at a time). I get the bros doing it, but when I watch teens and average people doing it, I snicker everytime. Granted, some people need it, but in reality it's done because they likely read it online or listened or watched a gym bro.
    Don't get me started on cable crossovers for amateur starters.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Why are you at the gym for 3-4 hours? if you’re not out in about 1.5 or max 2 hours; you’re doing it wrong

LOL - I think he works there?

I mean I would be concerned that someone who works at the gym is laughing at members, but not that he is there for 4 hours.
This discussion has been closed.