JUMP IN June 2021 Challenge

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,044 Member
    No walks or exercise since the 11th .... my hip has been hurting so I am not sleeping well which means I can not get up early ....food is okay .... been meal prepping and cleaning house
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 I hope you feel better soon!
  • Ringbearer2
    Wow I’ve been slack with posting. The heat here has made me generally sluggish and apathetic. Food has been fine, I’ve been hitting step goals but really lacking in the strength training dept. Weight is also refusing to budge...maybe I should change the batteries in my scale.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I'm been keeping up with the walking and the weights...less diligent about the stairs and the cardio/stretching...but it's a work in progress, and I'm working toward 100% compliance!!!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    June 16-17:
    calorie goal: :innocent:
    carbs: :innocent:
    exercise: :innocent: Weights Wed and long walk Thurs.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    6/17 walked 90 minutes and swam 99 minutes
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    6/16-6/17
    I went over on calories Wednesday due to a crappy milkshake but was good on calories and carbs yesterday. I’m working all weekend so it could be a challenge but I’m getting better at them by not reaching for something when I’m not hungry . I squeaked out my move goal last night before teleconferences overnight so that made me feel better. Today is looking good so far too.
  • Ringbearer2
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 I am amazed and inspired by your commitment to exercise.

@taylok23 congratulations on the move goal and you’re going to do great this weekend!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 I am amazed and inspired by your commitment to exercise.

@taylok23 congratulations on the move goal and you’re going to do great this weekend!

Thank you so much @Ringbearer2 ....Getting out there by 5am tomorrow to go on our lonnnng walk ...I have decided to only walk 3 days a week instead of 6 and swim the other 3 days ... I have been gaining weight since I had my hernia surgery... I feel like my burn is too high and me eating all or almost all of my exercise calories ...So I am gonna experiment to see if I can lose
  • taylok23
    6/18
    Well, yep, I went over on calories by about 200 and was more carby than I prefer. I swear, all these little overages is going to yield no results or less than ideal ones on the scale. Better climb on there tomorrow and see.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    6/18 100 minutes of cleaning
    6/19 210 minutes of walking ....8.77 miles (this will be once a week on Saturday's ) with 2 shorter walks on Tuesday's and Thursdays ... then swimming on Monday's, Wednesday and Friday's :)
    1st day where I wasn't over on carbs or calories .... I still have 400+ calories left (won't be eating them as I am not very hungry today ) :)
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,574 Member
    Camping weekend so no tracking but I packed all low carb food. 5 mile hike Sat and 3 miles Sun. Strength training today and hopefully a bike ride tomorrow after it cools down tonight. Will hit 90° today, icky & sticky.
  • JD2021Journey
    JD2021Journey Posts: 1 Member
    I just got back on MFP. I lost a bunch of weight doing keto 3 years ago and gained a bunch back. Trying to remember how all this works. My plan is to build bone density with incline treadmill circuits 150 minutes a week - doctors orders. Lifting & ketosis. The exercise I know what to do. The diet I’m still working on. I have mastocytosis and osteopenia. I’ve had pulmonary embolism and deep vein thrombosis in my leg and I have 30 pounds to lose. I should be dead but I’m not so this is it. ;)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    6/20 Rest day
    6/21 2 hours of swimming
    I upped my carbs to 10% instead of 5% ...working out better for me ...I use to always be over on carbs
  • Ringbearer2
    @tishsmith101 that sounds like a great weekend! I love camping.
    @JD2021Journey thats a solid plan. You’ve been rhrough a lot and you can do it!
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 2 hours swimming…wow! I tend to vacillate between keto and slightly higher carb levels. With all your exercise it’s quite possible that 10% carbs is still keto levels, though, depending on calories. When I’m really active I can maintain ketosis at 75g a day, depending on how they’re spread out and what they are (like —too much Greek yogurt—ok! Half a mango…not so much).
  • Ringbearer2
    I went (non food) shopping yesterday for the first time since December 10! Walked into and all around town in the sweltering heat (ow), searched for bargains at TKMaxx (that’s the European handle for some arcane reason), walked home loaded down with my purchases. So busy (and hot) I forgot to eat until dinner when I grilled up an excellent cheeseburger and made a side salad. However, the heat has me bloated like a balloon and I’m not making any scale progress….but so what?
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Thanks to Baconslave, helping me to understand Fat intake, with Keto, is mainly for hunger, I am doing much better! Still have no real hunger, which is good. I was (am) keeping my caloric intake around 1200 +/- , but was adding Fat to meals because I thought I needed to meet a Fat minimum intake %, not just to ward off hunger.

I am down 17.3 lbs from my start date with MFP. (5/14/21) I had started to lose a bit after an emergency choleycystectomy (5/3/21) and it was the right motivation and reading up on the Keto diet during the first few days of my recovery. So since 6/8, when she helped me to understand properly, to today I am down 5.8 lbs, 4.4 of it in the last 7 days!

I started my new job 9/14/20 and lost about 12 lbs with increased walking at work and bringing a pre made salad to work everyday for lunch, without trying. So since then I am down 31.8 lbs!

Even started back walking a few miles on my non-work days 2 weeks ago. As being a RN, I get a lot of walking in with my long hours on work days, and don't have time or WANT TO walk more when I do get home.

Thank you so much Baconslave! And all the others with your helpful communication here on MFP.

Many more Happy pounds to lose for us ALL!
  • taylok23
    6/20-6/21
    Sunday was a fun day after a weekend of work so had drinks and pizza. Tasted great but didn’t sit well so I won’t be repeating any time soon. Monday was a good day calorie and movement wise. Carbs were higher due to lots of veggies so no complaints.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited June 2021
    @tishsmith101 that sounds like a great weekend! I love camping.
    @JD2021Journey thats a solid plan. You’ve been rhrough a lot and you can do it!
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 2 hours swimming…wow! I tend to vacillate between keto and slightly higher carb levels. With all your exercise it’s quite possible that 10% carbs is still keto levels, though, depending on calories. When I’m really active I can maintain ketosis at 75g a day, depending on how they’re spread out and what they are (like —too much Greek yogurt—ok! Half a mango…not so much).

Thanks @Ringbearer2 my calories are set at 1500 and 10% carbs .... I use to walk 6 days a week and over 5 miles ...now I split it up 3 days walking with 1 long walk over 8 miles and 3 days swimming in our pool ...it seems to be working out better for me ... I will be ordering Marcy's home gym soon so I will incorporate that too :)