JUMP IN June 2021 Challenge

12346»

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,881 Member
    6/22 food is on point and we walked 111 minutes and 4.55 mile :)
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    @tishsmith101 that sounds like a great weekend! I love camping.
    @JD2021Journey thats a solid plan. You’ve been rhrough a lot and you can do it!
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 2 hours swimming…wow! I tend to vacillate between keto and slightly higher carb levels. With all your exercise it’s quite possible that 10% carbs is still keto levels, though, depending on calories. When I’m really active I can maintain ketosis at 75g a day, depending on how they’re spread out and what they are (like —too much Greek yogurt—ok! Half a mango…not so much).

Thanks @Ringbearer2 my calories are set at 1500 and 10% carbs .... I use to walk 6 days a week and over 5 miles ...now I split it up 3 days walking with 1 long walk over 8 miles and 3 days swimming in our pool ...it seems to be working out better for me ... I will be ordering Marcy's home gym soon so I will incorporate that too :)

Your carbs( vs cals) are still really low! Frankly, I couldn’t go lower than that percentage wise. You seem to habe a discipline plan and rethink it and adjust as you see fit. Many props!

What is Marcys home gym?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 2 hours swimming…wow! I tend to vacillate between keto and slightly higher carb levels. With all your exercise it’s quite possible that 10% carbs is still keto levels, though, depending on calories. When I’m really active I can maintain ketosis at 75g a day, depending on how they’re spread out and what they are (like —too much Greek yogurt—ok! Half a mango…not so much).

Thanks @Ringbearer2 my calories are set at 1500 and 10% carbs .... I use to walk 6 days a week and over 5 miles ...now I split it up 3 days walking with 1 long walk over 8 miles and 3 days swimming in our pool ...it seems to be working out better for me ... I will be ordering Marcy's home gym soon so I will incorporate that too :)

Your carbs( vs cals) are still really low! Frankly, I couldn’t go lower than that percentage wise. You seem to habe a discipline plan and rethink it and adjust as you see fit. Many props!

What is Marcys home gym?

I gained 14 lbs while recovering from the 2nd hernia surgery ... Granted I wasn't on keto for about a month ...I was eating convenient food ...but I am back on low carb ...not napping ..having lots of energy and feeling good I will adjust when I need to ... Thanks

Here is the Marcy's home gym that I want
    https://www.marcypro.com/marcy-150-lb-stack-home-gym-mwm-990
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member

What is Marcys home gym?

I gained 14 lbs while recovering from the 2nd hernia surgery ... Granted I wasn't on keto for about a month ...I was eating convenient food ...but I am back on low carb ...not napping ..having lots of energy and feeling good I will adjust when I need to ... Thanks

Here is the Marcy's home gym that I want
    https://www.marcypro.com/marcy-150-lb-stack-home-gym-mwm-990

Wow, that looks AWESOME . If my husband would let me I’d replace the couch with that. 😀

• taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    6/22
    Maintenance day so over in the calorie deficit. 👿
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    swimmom_1 wrote: »
    Thanks to Baconslave, helping me to understand Fat intake, with Keto, is mainly for hunger, I am doing much better! Still have no real hunger, which is good. I was (am) keeping my caloric intake around 1200 +/- , but was adding Fat to meals because I thought I needed to meet a Fat minimum intake %, not just to ward off hunger.

I am down 17.3 lbs from my start date with MFP. (5/14/21) I had started to lose a bit after an emergency choleycystectomy (5/3/21) and it was the right motivation and reading up on the Keto diet during the first few days of my recovery. So since 6/8, when she helped me to understand properly, to today I am down 5.8 lbs, 4.4 of it in the last 7 days!

I started my new job 9/14/20 and lost about 12 lbs with increased walking at work and bringing a pre made salad to work everyday for lunch, without trying. So since then I am down 31.8 lbs!

Even started back walking a few miles on my non-work days 2 weeks ago. As being a RN, I get a lot of walking in with my long hours on work days, and don't have time or WANT TO walk more when I do get home.

Thank you so much Baconslave! And all the others with your helpful communication here on MFP.

Many more Happy pounds to lose for us ALL!

You are doing fantastic!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    6/23 150 minutes swimming .. maple pecan crusted salmon with a salad for dinner :)
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Spin class this morning, behaved for hubby's bday dinner out. Scheduled a bike ride with a friend Sat am early. Need to do a little something Thur-Fri.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Megan... Maple Pecan Crusted Salmon sounds Heavenly!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    swimmom_1 wrote: »
    Megan... Maple Pecan Crusted Salmon sounds Heavenly!

It is delicious and simple :)
  • tishsmith101
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 we love salmon! Our local store preps salmon meals in containers you can throw right in the oven, so good.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Hey hey. I'm still here and doing the thing. Doing very poorly on the weekends with much instigation from Le Grand Saboteur. But I have plans this weekend to start cutting out the booze which will reform it quite a bit.

I've been busy. First getting the high school junior's ACT studied for and taken. And now that the scores are in I've got to have him apply for dual enrollment classes at the college for his senior year (he just scraped by doing well enough to take them at the good one which is also closer. Yay!) Gotta request transcripts, look over his applications, and he has to make a profile to request the grant for the classes. Much to do so I only have time to say this.

Keep up the good work, y'all.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    6/23
    @baconslave I hear you on those bad hubbies. Mine has been on fire lately.

Yesterday was under maintenance but over a bit for goal deficit. Seems to be the new norm. My next challenge? I’m off work starting tomorrow through the 5th so I will need some major willpower or some good chores to distract from eating. Drinks will definitely be had so those will need to be limited too.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    6/24 we walked 5.65 miles today in 141 minutes ... We are having air fryer garlic butter salmon with Parmesan cheese broccoli for lunch and for dinner I am having zoodles with prego homestyle alfredo sauce for dinner :)
  • tishsmith101
    21 mile bike ride Sat and 50 min walk yesterday. I love that my friends are helping me stay active :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    6/25 we cleaned our closets (burned 771 calories in 170 minutes) gave stuff to the salvation army :)
    6/26 we walked our lonnnnnnng walk 9.77 miles in 231 minutes with a burn of 1382 :)
    6/27 was rest day
    6/28 We will be swimming this afternoon :) ...it is suppose to be 104 today in Cali
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    This has been a mediocre month, and I'm so bored of my workouts, definitely getting a new routine for next month...