Myfitnesspal

Message Boards MFP Suggestions/Feedback
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

We Want to Hear From You! Share your experience with the MyFitnessPal website!

AlexAlex Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 10,153 MFP Staff Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 10,153 MFP Staff
Update: Thank you to everyone who participated in this exercise or shared your experience. We have what we need for this round of input. Thanks again!
---
We would love to hear what this community has to say about their experience with MyFitnessPal. We are currently looking for existing members. Your feedback will help us improve the website’s navigation experience for everyone in this community! If interested, please complete the card sort activity. This is not mandatory. This activity will only take 10-15 minutes of your time.

Please complete this card sorting activity by clicking the link below.
https://MyFitnessPal.optimalworkshop.com/optimalsort/6t78py64-0-0-0

Note: This exercise will be easier from a desktop computer versus your mobile device.

If you have additional feedback you want to share about the above activity please feel free to post below and I will share it with our team.
edited June 8

Replies

• springlering62springlering62 Member, Premium Posts: 3,231 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3,231 Member
    Agree. Survey was hard to complete on my phone, which is generally how I use MFP.

And there’s a ton of duplication in the prospective tab names. Seems like they’re aiming to make the site “overfriendly” and over informative.

Would be wonderful to have some kind of introductory interactive breadcrumb path for brand new users to walk them directly to their calorie goal, and maybe give tips or hints along the way. Maybe send a congratulatory email for first day, week, month of log ins, first five or ten pounds lost, or dozen exercises recorded? Would be cool to include to have them do a profile pic their first day, with a swipeable timeline of profile pics so they can see progress.

• PapaBeast314PapaBeast314 Member Posts: 26 Member Member Posts: 26 Member
    fitom80 wrote: »
    The survery is targeting only US inhabitants? So opinion of the rest of the world is not important for UA?

Playing tit-for-tat here, but Under Armour sold MFP back in December. Under Armour Completes Sale of MFP

Probably why they are taking surveys now, maybe starting with the US and possibly rolling out to other countries as they progress?
  • janejellyrolljanejellyroll Member, Premium Posts: 25,745 Member Member, Premium Posts: 25,745 Member
    When companies gather information, there is often some sort of limitation placed on the group -- whether it's location, age, gender, frequency of use, income, or some other characteristic. It's not saying that other groups "don't matter," it's just a way to categorize data.

• fitom80fitom80 Member Posts: 167 Member Member Posts: 167 Member
    When companies gather information, there is often some sort of limitation placed on the group -- whether it's location, age, gender, frequency of use, income, or some other characteristic. It's not saying that other groups "don't matter," it's just a way to categorize data.

Not sure 😅 but if yes, here is a propper solution (we IT crowd call it dropdown)

Where do you live? [choose a country]
    😊

• Gisel2015Gisel2015 Member Posts: 3,880 Member Member Posts: 3,880 Member
    It maybe better to complete the questionnaire using the desktop PC but the questions are only related to the app as a platform of use. I don't do apps, so can't help you guys.

You need to make these questionnaires more inclusive, not only for ALL users regardless of the county where they live but also including the MFP web version.
  • Krysless2Krysless2 Member, Premium Posts: 1,088 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,088 Member
    Omg so frustrating! You say to turn your phone to landscape view in order to get the full picture. However, I am not in “locked” mode on my phone and your app is still not changing the view to landscape when I flip it. I hope you do another survey because this one was a bit silly.
    All of my feed back is about the Community as I use it every day and it needs some work. My first suggestion is to fix the search engine tool that is above every group/discussion. It used to work fine, you used to be able to search a word in a group and pull up where that word was used multiple times throughout the thread, please add this feature back. Next; When anyone is new to the community it is almost impossible to find anything. App engineers should be going around cleaning up and removing archived groups as it comes across very cluttered with a bunch of unused groups when you search for one. The whole platform is a bit too complicated for newcomers. Next; please update the format in which we post. It’s archaic! Or if your going to leave it as is, at least explain how to change the font color, center the text, things like that. Lastly, please update how we can react to someone’s post. Make it more similar to Facebook; ie. Love/like/sad/hug/care, also the “disagree” reaction seems very negative.
  • charsuzycharsuzy Member Posts: 233 Member Member Posts: 233 Member
    Tried posting two posts on my wall (home page) just now and neither of them have showed up. Disappointing.

Suggestion: let us upload photos from our computer, not just our phone.
    edited May 29
  • eyesopennoweyesopennow Member Posts: 311 Member Member Posts: 311 Member
    I am not going to attempt the survey. I don't use the app, only the website. But here are some observations:
    • System fails to load pages WAY too often ("something went wrong, try later, etc.")
    • You'd get me to pay for this site if you offered the option to do so without having to authorize auto-renew. (Yes, I can always discontinue, but be user-friendly.) I do not ever authorize anyone to have perpetual access to my credit card. Bonus points to offer Paypal or another third party payment processor, if you don't already.
    • There needs to be an easy way to manually adjust the calories/nutrition entries on my food diary when they clearly do not match the food nutritional label info. I am not interested in correcting the entry or sending someone a picture, I just want to make the adjustment on my own page.
    • Search function is not user friendly. This applies to foods as well as threads in the community.
    • There needs to be a way to flag food library entries' errant data for you guys to fix / delete.
    • If I search for a food and someone's user-entered recipe is included in the search results, the result should be clickable to display the recipe or ingredients for comparison with what I want to log. Otherwise the result is useless and should not be included in the system response.
    • There needs to be a way to easily notify a moderator (if there is such a thing) of a friend request from a suspicious entity (read "likely adult-oriented site").
    edited May 31
  • TerriRichardson112TerriRichardson112 Member Posts: 11,951 Member Member Posts: 11,951 Member
    We would love to hear what this community has to say about their experience with MyFitnessPal. We are currently looking for existing members.

This is patently, not the case. I have been a member for almost 6.5 years, but I do not reside in US, so apparently my opinion is irrelevant!!! And don't get me started on the many other unfriendly quirks which frequently occur.

Your feedback will help us improve the website’s navigation experience for everyone in this community! If interested, please complete the card sort activity. This is not mandatory. This activity will only take 10-15 minutes of your time.

I'm always suspicious when companies want to harvest my information. It's one of the classic ways that scammers use to try and help them work out people's possible passwords.
    edited June 3
  • janejellyrolljanejellyroll Member, Premium Posts: 25,745 Member Member, Premium Posts: 25,745 Member
    We would love to hear what this community has to say about their experience with MyFitnessPal. We are currently looking for existing members.

This is patently, not the case. I have been a member for almost 6.5 years, but I do not reside in US, so apparently my opinion is irrelevant!!! And don't get me started on the many other unfriendly quirks which frequently occur.

Your feedback will help us improve the website’s navigation experience for everyone in this community! If interested, please complete the card sort activity. This is not mandatory. This activity will only take 10-15 minutes of your time.

I'm always suspicious when companies want to harvest my information. It's one of the classic ways that scammers use to try and help them work out people's possible passwords.

I provided the feedback, it's truly about the website navigation experience, there isn't any solicitation of password-related or personal information.
  • SaturnsbestMoonSaturnsbestMoon Member Posts: 25 Member Member Posts: 25 Member
    Hi, I haven't taken the Survey. I was wondering with the changes since underarmour sold MFP will you be bringing back the profiles and Bio's? And I miss the customization of the trackers for our pages and profiles. I honestly believe the tracker assisted with my precious 40 lb weight loss in 2016. I also would like to be able to access my previous entries from 4 years ago by searching my diary for specific dates however my previous account would not allow it. (:
  • Sand_TIgerSand_TIger Member Posts: 714 Member Member Posts: 714 Member
    In general I'd like to see better support to desktop users such as the ability to post photos on the feed like the smartphone folks do. I use MFP exclusively on desktop. Also basic infrastructure needs to be fixed before massive changes are rolled out. For example, posting links, the links to blog entries not working, exercise not wanting to post right all the time, etc. I really like MFP but it could be better.
This discussion has been closed.