Steps & Exercise stats from last week:

13/06 - 11,526
    14/06 - 3,195
    15/06 - 9,370
    16/06 - 2,677 / 45 mins Dumbell Shoulders & Core [Epic 1 Day 22]
    17/06 - 1,870 /54 mins Glutes & Abs [Epic 1 Day 23]
    18/06 - 3,419
    19/06 - 28,127

So this morning I discovered a brand new, unopened, boxed Fitbit in my husband's office! It's a Charge 2, but as hubby's not using it (forgot he'd even bought it!) I have claimed it as an early birthday present for me!

I won't start using it until the 1st July, but then I'll be able to join in the challenges that some of the team do with their Fitbits.

[Note to Fitbit: This is your last chance to impress me!]

Enjoy your Monday evenings, friends!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Had a nice visit with @jugar today.. the sun was out in full force for our muddy walk... I've got two shoes sitting outside drying out as we speak :)
    So jealous about your ability to walk about with my sister! Sometime this summer, I'm sure we'll get a good visit. Monica and Emily look forward to that prospect, too.
    It's very hot here today and I'll be catching up on some walking inside the house while it's in the low 90s. We're expecting a hellofastorm with big winds and hail. I haven'tseen any T-storm activity yet. I'll be closing down some of the electronics though, just in case.
    More when things are clear.

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,127 Member
    Options
    @YinxFed Fun discovery about the Fitbit! I am toying with the idea of getting a device myself... I thought I'd decided on the one I wanted and then I read a lot of negative reviews. Your comment about this being Fitbit's last chance to impress you tells me you've maybe had some not so good experiences as well?

@gak71 Nice gift! How was the ball tournament?

It's so nice today that I set up my workstation outside - fun little treat while I'm still working from home. I also did get up at 6 to get a walk in before it got too hot for my dog, and then did a second walk on my own at lunch. I always feel better when I make a plan the day before.. the days I leave too much to chance usually disappoint me as other things get in the way.

Now that it's summer, how does everyone's usual routine generally change (for the better or worse)?
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @EvMakesChanges Yes, such a strange world eh that it was easier for me to visit her than you... hopefully some good news about the border is coming soon so that you can all see each other again.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 I used to be a real Fitbit fan and had one for years. I would always upgrade and buy the latest iteration of the model that I was using. Then it all went wrong, the Fitbit was barely holding its charge, and customer service seemed to be particularly poor.

And that's when I discovered other fitness trackers for a fraction of the Fitbit price, courtesy of the Amazon empire. These were well built, tracked my steps, sleep, heart rate and linked up with my phone's texts and other messages.

I wouldn't have gone back to Fitbit had it not been for my fortuitous find. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,040 Member
    Options
    I'm back online!
    I got a charger for my laptop, and we seem to have found the method for keeping my daughter's internet and my laptop shaking hands. For some reason, they don't seem to like each other...

I'll just dive in with some random responses and then get to catching up the spreadsheet.

@lorib642
    Sorry to see you go! I hope you keep trying out new things, and find the ways the work best for you. Thanks for being with us!

@EvMakesChanges
    I wish I had been able to take a walk with you too! I am having a great time out here and the weather has been amazing. I'm not really used to the relentless prairie wind, but the super long days, huge skies, and dry air sure feel great. I'll be getting my 2nd vaccine on Saturday, so it should be soon that we can cross the border and get together again. Can't wait!

@YinxFed and @ashleycarole86
    I have an old Fitbit Charge 2 and it does the job really well for me. I got it 2nd hand, the screen is kinda cracked, but it holds a good charge, and tracks things well. I don't use it for sleep or swimming or any of the more complicated stuff, but I have been really happy with it for just over a year now. I hope you find a good one, Ashley! They make tracking easier, and being able to look back over a period of time is helpful.

@gak71 You are a lucky dad! That is the perfect gift, and I agree with you that it is an excellent reward for weight loss goals.

Today I had a chance to ride my daughter's 3 year-old horse, coached by the woman who owns the horse farm here. There were many revelations and it was fantastic to work with such an experienced, calm, and observant rider. She figured out some of the consequences of my injury and surgery from the last year, and found a couple of fantastic ways to improve my left hip mobility which really got limited by the way I had to sit for so long. I feel great and look forward to another session tomorrow. Along with all the walking, at least I'm balancing off some of the eating, drinking, and being merry :grimace:

I'll be back with update and reminders as we head into the rest of the week! Nagging is back :wink:
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,040 Member
    Options
    Mini-nag for tonight!

@graceojo999 - due Monday
    @Kali225 - due Tuesday

• conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I had a full day today. Started with several interviews for our open position at work. Typed up notes for all of the interviews as well. Then ran into town for supplies to finish the new drip irrigation system my husband put in the garden. Got kids to bed and did a 45 minute pilates session.

@jugar Have you ever heard of hippotherapy? The term is misused often. It's a form of therapeutic horseback riding. An occupational therapist or a physical therapist use a variety of horses who display a variety of desired pelvic movement patterns. They then pair riders who do not have typical pelvic movements with specific horses to help them feel how their pelvis should move when walking. Cool huh!
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 the baseball tournament was fun and West Palm Beach was beautiful. Unfortunately there were too many errors on the field to be competitive but it's always nice to get away! Thanks for asking!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Tuesday weigh-in
    PW: 216.1
    CW: 216.9

Not surprised, just frustrated with myself a bit. But to be perfectly honest, I drank all day Saturday after a hike with a friend (even made her do drunk yoga with me!), overate Sunday, and snacked way too much yesterday. So this could have been a lot worse? I'm trying to build up a new routine for my daily movement and approach. Heavy focus on getting things done early, before work, and just powering through. Sets the right tone.

My sister who I have not seen since Oct 2019 arrives on Thursday morning. We will work 2 days from my place in Boston and then head to the mountains in NY on Saturday morning, where I will stay for most of July. I am SO excited, but man do I have a lot of cleaning to do.

Happy Tuesdays all!
  • SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I will be out of town the next 3 Fridays we will be in Florida for 14 days and then we are going back home to visit for a week.. can you put me on Maintenance team for a few weeks and I will be back when we get back to our home!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I am not feeling good about tomorrow's weigh in... I honestly may just be maintaining this summer. I am definitely stress eating. I actually am trying hard to move my body every hour but its not really adding up. I am on the computer a lot with my home business and summer classes. Plus, it is really hot and smokey outside.
  • graceojo999
    graceojo999 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Pw 95.65
    Cw 95.5

I have moved to my old scale. I tried unsuccessfully this week to get on keto. I just couldn’t resist the carbs. So I am going to be calorie counting from now on. My birthday is in August so I am going to have to get more serious about tracking and dropping the pounds. I was able to stick to my calorie goal today, which was great. Will do that through the week and register for swimming
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday everyone. We finally had some rain last night and today - broke the horrible 92-degree heatwave (which really only lasted 1.5 days) but what a relief it's supposed to get down to 45 tonight. Ah. Tomorrow, sunshine and mid 70s. much better!
    I started the NOOM program a month ago and am finding it so helpful! There are so many great psychiatric "tricks" that it helps me remember what I said I'd do without fighting the process so much. Instead of finding "I can't because..." notions, I'm finding what I can do, hitching it to other things I already enjoy, and getting my weight shifted in the right direction. What a relief. I was on a stagnant wave for so long. Here's to more "Nooming" along. If any of you would like a coupon to try it, I'll send you one.
    Have a great rest of week.
    I'll try to be back before too many days zip by.
    Great to read your entries.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Steph1498 wrote: »
    CW/PW: 162.0
    I’m still doing some exercise but not managing my foods much. I feel so much heavier this month and my clothes feel tighter…
    I want to get to my goal weight but not enough to be more focused on what and when I am eating. Somehow it seems easy to say do better or eat less or change your habits but I’m just not doing it…. Arrgghh.

I am totally right there with you Steph. Not feeling it lately. Life has been busy here and I’m letting that take control rather than me be in control. Plus, I have lost my motivation. Ugh.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Extra hugs to those in the group right now who need to show themselves a little grace. Thankful that each one of you is here and for your honesty! Hope you find the traction that helps you soon.

Brad and I got used bikes this week so we went out for our first bike ride together tonight. The weather was perfect and it felt good to ride... I think it's a hobby we will really enjoy together.

We both had the most insane scale reading today from a salt laden piece of salmon last night.. we knew as we were eating it that it was very salty and the scale sure reminded us this morning. I am getting used to the daily fluctuations and using it as practice to not get in my head about it. Reminding myself it's temporary, glued to water and just thankful today wasn't our weigh in day lol.

• DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Happy Wednesday all!

I was very stressed yesterday for several reasons which seemed to just keep coming. I didn't make any bad food choices yesterday and I can tell that I won't today either, but I didn't enjoy how I was feeling or the physical effects of it, particularly knowing much of the stress was an overreaction. A little while ago I did an online course about my values and that actually came off the back of a mindfulness course, so I'll schedule to revisit that side of things because one of the stressors won't be going away.

It was Prime Day in the UK this week so I bought a few bits. Nothing too exciting (I mean a new toothbrush may be considered exciting lol) but I did get the weight bench and the fractional plates are coming from eBay today as well. That means I'll have everything I need to start lifting, except the proper amount of space! Need to do a charity shop run, possibly another tip run, and do a bit of sorting out. I'm running tonight, but I will do the first lifting session on or before the weekend. I am impatient to get going.
This discussion has been closed.