WaistAways - June 2021 Chat

Options

Replies

• DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Friday's here at last. This has felt like a long week and it's been a stressful one.

I start 24/7 on call tonight, so went into the office yesterday to pick up a new dual-sim work phone. Unfortunately it doesn't solve my issue, which is that I wanted to avoid carrying two phones around, unless I switch fully from my personal phone to this which I don't want to do because it's not as good. I will probably suck it up and carry both, but I could use my personal phone for being on call. Undecided.

I didn't drink as much yesterday as I would at home which I think is something to be aware of. Also, I find the thought of food in the office really stressful (when I'm planning a trip in). I'm worried about getting hungry and not having enough to eat - to be fair when my stomach is rumbling, it's like a jet plane so that would be embarrassing. There is a shop locally so I could walk out at lunch time to get food, and then I guess I feel that I may make bad choices; I used to buy large quantities of crisps/chocolate and then eat said large quantities. I guess the more I go into the office, the more I'll get used to it and I need to get my mindset to thinking that if it's enough at home, it's enough at work, too; plus being hungry isn't going to kill me in a day so it's really the embarrassment factor.

This weekend we've got to do the food shopping and I want to get all the charity stuff in the garage gone or ready to go (there's a collection on Monday if I'm willing to wait) and I'm feeling inclined to have a wardrobe clear out. We're doing a long walk on Sunday with my co-worker, and whilst it might not be as long as some it has a big climb in it which makes it a good preparation one for September. We did this walk last year and I really struggled to get up the hill so I'm hoping to feel a big difference from all the running.
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    @DD265 getting hungry at work is one of my biggest struggles. And even more so now because last month I switched from a role where I was walking/moving at least 70% of the time to a new role that is 99% a desk job. I got in the habit of buying chocolate from the vending machine almost daily. So I went to the store and bought individually wrapped things that aren't high in calories for when I get munchies and I keep them in my desk. Even though it can be tempting to have a snack drawer, at least they're relatively healthy options and I can control myself better with individually packaged servings vs bringing a whole bag of something.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    @DD265 totally get the annoyance of the two phone thing.. I also carry two for work reasons and it's a mega pain.. lol

@jugar safe travels today and hopefully everything sorts itself out for your ride... glad you had such a nice time with your daughter!

TGIF!!!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh-in
    CW 85.7
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Hello, my all time starting weight was 288. This week was 220.8, and I will weigh in on Mondays.
    !
    Sorry for my disappearance. I had a lot going on, some good (new relationship, going GREAT) and some stressful (family stuff, re-org) at work. So I just let my eating habits go. But after gaining back 12-14 lbs over the last few months I am ready to get back to business. Thank you all for having me back! ❤

Welcome back! Glad to see you here. Congratulations on the relationship
    AshenMoon wrote: »
    Sooooo it was my birthday yesterday and well, I've had quite the fun week! It hasn't been so great for my weigh-in but I had a lovely birthday and it was nice, now it's back to business :) I'm at 224

Happy birthday to you!! 🎂🎉🎈

@bowens1973 Congratulations on a fabulous loss this week. 👏🏼👏🏼

@EvMakesChanges So glad Noom is giving you the motivation you were looking for. I’ve been curious. Not sure it’s in the budget here. But maybe some day. Thanks for sharing. I’ll glean what I can from you and @conleywoods

I had a half of a perfect day the other day. Still looking for that dedication I used to have. Not quitting. Scale came down a little, but it’s still up. Trying to figure out where to start. What do I do first? Log, exercise, cut calories back, measure every little thing, get my steps in? One tiny step. 🚶🏽‍♀️@terytha one hour at a time.

@jugar So glad you enjoyed your visit with your daughter. Wishing you a solution to your ride issues. Hope you get home safely and easily.

Happy Friday! Wishing everyone a great day!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    @MandiSaysHey I used to do that exact thing with the snack drawer, but now it's all hot desks. We used to have a small 'tuck shop' with crisps, choccy bars and there was always a free fruit bowl, but that's all gone with Covid. A normal day for me has 3x meals and 3x snacks, so I took 1 meal and 2 snacks into work. It was enough yesterday, but I was worried that it wouldn't be - I guess experience will take care of that if/when I go back into the office more regularly.

@ashleycarole86 I'll be amazed if using the work phone lasts 3 months but don't tell HR lol. I think when I was on call before I wasn't as active as I am now. It's only really running when it's a big issue as I'd have more pockets/a bag otherwise, but I also feel a bit uncomfortable being out and about with a phone set to loud, because I feel like that's very disruptive to other people (and it irritates me).

Anxiety levels are high today (I'm officially 'on call') but so far I've made good choices. Same breakfast and morning snack as normal, I skipped the crisps at lunch as I had a naan wrap which was a big chunk of calories so just had that and an apple, then nothing this afternoon. I reached for a diet coke in the middle of a stressy moment this afternoon, but put it back and had cordial instead - I'm now enjoying that diet coke having calmed down and actually being able to savour it. The book I'm reading is perfect timing wise and it's got me trying to reframe my anxiety, and take steps to control it. Instead of having my afternoon off I've been watching knowledge transfers about this customer's process, and speaking to colleagues who know them to help build my confidence. The videos are jogging my memory so I know I'm not as incapable as I fear. :smile:

As a result of doing this work related/confidence building stuff I've not done any of the sorting out I want to do; thankfully there's time for that tomorrow/Sunday afternoon. I'm really looking forward to lifting these weights, but I know a few more days before I start won't hurt. My run this evening has been pushed to tomorrow, and we need to do the supermarket shop so I don't know if we'll get a walk in today. Sometimes though it's nice to have a breather.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Friday
    Lorib642
    PW: 158.2
    CW: 159.4
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar I was utterly convinced on Thursday morning that it was Wednesday morning ....realized later I'd missed my morning weigh in - yesterday Friday am, was 151.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I've been trying to keep up with reading all the posts, like @PlaneMonkey, sometimes all in one go. Even though I've been very absent this month, 'hearing' all your voices keeps me going - the battle of not reaching for junk or just eating more because it tastes so good... I'm happy to read all your good news reports ( @Terytha that dress looked awesome!) and can relate to many of the challenges. What a great group we have!
    Things are settling down for me (for now!)..we've managed to get one very good caregiver for my dad for some hours 3 days a week, work is back in person at the office full time- feels good, and I've revamped the veg garden dramatically and it's great for being active and should be lots of good veggies to harvest. Weight is not dramatically yo-yo-ing and that's a relief. Have not been logging nor doing any deliberate exercise. My goal will be to start that again in July in order to reach my goal set last August to be at the same weight a year later. I'm not too far off.

• sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    PW:119.5
    CW:119.4
    Steps Goal: 10,000

Sat: 10,778
    Sun: 11,103
    Mon: 10,248
    Tue: 10,128
    Wed: 10,523
    Thur: 10,304
    Fri: 10,482
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    YinxFed wrote: »
    sunny9847 wrote: »
    PW:120.3
    CW:119.5 Yay!

Sat: 10,010
    Sun: 11,506
    Mon: 10,561
    Tue: 10,533
    Wed: 10,328
    Thur: 10,726
    Fri: 10,545

Great regular stepping! I only hit the high numbers when I go out for practice walks. You're inspiring me to do better.

I really try to hit the 10,000 steps. I walk during my lunch period. I need to push up to 12,000 to loose weight consistantly, but 10,000 is my minimum goal.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,041 Member
    Options
    sunny9847 wrote: »
    PW:119.5
    CW:119.4

Sat: 10,778
    Sun: 11,103
    Mon: 10,248
    Tue: 10,128
    Wed: 10,523
    Thur: 10,304
    Fri: 10,482

Thanks! If you can also post your Saturday at the end of today, then you'll have at least 10,000 more for the week when they all get added up! Since our tallies go from Sunday - Saturday, that is the best for your steps too. If you post steps always on Sunday it works great. You are doing so well :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Saturday!
    I'm back home safe and sound, glad to be back in the hills and forest, and happy that my visit out to the prairies was so wonderful. I loved meeting @ashleycarole86 and getting lots of time with animals. And my daughter :wink:

Here's the little mule deciding that human beings aren't so terrible after all. Emmett is a genius! When he arrived, there was absolutely no way to get near him. :heart:
    ck1z7tdpow70.png
  • jugar
    Options
    Last reminders for this week - please get your weights in by end of day today. Thanks!

@marsipan100
    @Steph1498
    @evangsimmons170
    @Micki48 (you got that half a perfect day! If I were you, I'd start with just aiming to get the calories in closer to where you want them. Go on from there. You can do it!)
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Saturday weigh in

CW 198.2

Not even sure what the last official weigh in was.
    eggfreak wrote: »
    @jugar I was utterly convinced on Thursday morning that it was Wednesday morning ....realized later I'd missed my morning weigh in - yesterday Friday am, was 151.

I’m mixed up with you @eggfreak. I was sure Thursday was actually Friday, so we balance it out. 😂

Hello Saturday. I can report being up a couple pounds from my year long stretch of being 196 does not make my body feel good. I am having all kinds of aches and pains. Boooo!! My knee, my foot, my hips. Ugh. Seems weird that exercise would help (and losing weight of course!—that makes sense.). I have been in my house a LOT. I need to get out and move more.

@jugar You are right. Getting those calories down will make the most difference. It’s also the hardest damn part. 😘 I started my day, like every Saturday, with our big bacon, eggs, and grits breakfast. So that takes up slightly less than half the days calories.

I am also going to work on being better about my water. I do drink, but I’m not actually keeping accurate track. Also I saw this on IG. What do you all think of this? I don’t know if it’s for real or one of those “do this and you’ll lose weight” things. I usually drink my water cold with ice. What do you do?

99cvgiq1nu8r.jpeg

This discussion has been closed.