June 2021 Maintainers' Check-In!

13»

Replies

• Brooklyn_Born
    Brooklyn_Born Posts: 64 Member
    @MadisonMolly2017
    You asked "What are some of the things you’ve done to be so successful!!!"

When I realized the dismal regain statistics, I decided to weigh myself every morning in my PJs. I expect fluctuations, but that means up AND down. If my daily weight only goes UP day after day, that's not a fluctuation, it's a trend and I look realistically at what I've been doing. It's a lot easier to turn around a gain of 3-5 pounds than waiting for double digits. It's worked for me for 11 years so far.
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 486 Member
    I don't have all the stats for this challenge but like Brooklyn_Born I weigh myself regularly and look at the trend. Right now I'm staying right in the +/- 3 lbs of my goal weigh too 142 where I've stayed for over 8 years. The extreme heat is making it less attractive to walk outside.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    @MadisonMolly2017
    You asked "What are some of the things you’ve done to be so successful!!!"

When I realized the dismal regain statistics, I decided to weigh myself every morning in my PJs. I expect fluctuations, but that means up AND down. If my daily weight only goes UP day after day, that's not a fluctuation, it's a trend and I look realistically at what I've been doing. It's a lot easier to turn around a gain of 3-5 pounds than waiting for double digits. It's worked for me for 11 years so far.

@Brooklyn_Born Thank you! This is what I do, too! So far, so good.
    mjglantz wrote: »
    I don't have all the stats for this challenge but like Brooklyn_Born I weigh myself regularly and look at the trend. Right now I'm staying right in the +/- 3 lbs of my goal weigh too 142 where I've stayed for over 8 years. The extreme heat is making it less attractive to walk outside.

@mjglantz
    Thank you also!! I appreciate both of your replies! Congratulations on an amazing maintenance!

I weigh daily & track trends (Happy Scale) and monthly & yearly average weights.

Turning around June’s gain (heat, stress, some habits slipped - mostly I was unhappy & had temporarily lost my sense of gratitude when I learned despite both vaccine, I have no antibodies (transplant). I’ve worked all that out now, and leveled the gain & trend has decreased from almost 160 to 159 so far.

2rz66b8lq75h.png

• mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 486 Member
    One other thing that contributes to my maintenance success was the realization and acceptance when I started that this wasn't a diet that I'd go on and off...this is for life. Sounds simple and trust me it took 61 years to get there!