WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2021

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    Flea - You paint such a wonderful picture of your 'spying'! Secret Agent Flea. <3

Lisa - Oh phooey to the Farmers Market. :# I hope you have big freezers. Sorry your son has such a loving heart (or something like that, but you know what I mean) And no, we can't put our wise old heads on their young shoulders.

Rebecca - Lovely photos. <3 I bet you can't wait for your summer trip down there.

I've been reading about the heat in the South West and thinking about Rita RV. Anyone heard from her?

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Rita and SuziQ
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    :)Katla, my walking friends just cancelled for today. The friend who walks with the dogs and me every morning had a visit from her out of town daughter so she cancelled to have breakfast with both her daughters. She'll be walking with us again tomorrow. The other friend walks with me every Sunday after we pick up our groceries at QFC except when she goes to Texas to visit her family. When I walk alone or work in the yard alone, I have the company of my bluetooth headphone and my favorite podcasts. Today I listened to Omnibus with Ken Jennings and John Roderick and 10% Happier with Dan Harris. It is very warm here today so I was happy to have time to work in the yard before 10AM.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Housecleaning, etc- 3hrs 45min 1sec, vacuum, dust, laundry= 1049c
    Housecleaning etc- 48.49min, patio cleaning, sweeping wash down, wipe furniture etc= 230c

Total cal 1279
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    For the newcomers in particular, jump right in and participate where you like.

Essentially, we end up talking about all aspects of the Wellness "Wheels". How are you doing in the various areas? :)

co84b4nvyzet.png

c680khu4v3i6.png

Cheers,
    Machka in Oz
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,
    Machka-
    The wellness wheels caught my interest today… so here is my assessment using my self assigned 10 point scale, 10 is I’ve got this, 1 is tons of work to do:
    Emotional – 7.5 I would like to add a couple of new friends, but over all I feel good about this one.

Financial -7 I am headed in the right direction, made some really good moves in the last 3 years, and think by 3 years from now I’ll be securely a 9

Social – 6.5 The pandemic/politics of 2020-21 has changed some things, some friends have moved on and some have shown me another side of themselves, so I feel like my support structure is a bit thinner than I would like, but as things open up and my finances continue to stability I think this will be ok

Spiritual - 10 I have always felt like even though I do not do any form of traditional religious life, that I have meaning, ethics, and integrity.

Occupational – 9 I love what I do, the embroidery fulfills me and allows me to have an impact on others.

Physical - 6 This one could be a ten as it says “recognizing the need for physical activity, diet, sleep and nutrition” I get a 10 for “recognizing” but a 6 for implementation! I need to work on accountability to what and in what quantities I am eating.

Intellectual - 6 I do a reasonability good job of reading and learning new things, keeping up on current events, but I would like to have a situation where I could discuss things more.

Environmental – 7 I am making progress in this area, minimizing so I have less to clean and keep up with, and a benefit of the financials is that is allowing me to do some changes and updates to the house and yard.

Overall I am pretty pleased with how I am doing…better than I thought before I thought about it a section at a time.
    Smiles, Kim in Northern California

Nice evaluation! :)

You've motivated me to do something similar.

Emotional: I would probably put this at a 6. I don't feel I'm coping really effectively with life.

Financial: That's probably a 7. I feel like I've got the education and experience to move up but ... :neutral:
    And of course, on Worker's Compensation my husband is only receiving a percentage of his salary.

Social: I'm very introverted, so I don't have much of a support system. This would probably be a 6.

Spiritual: Believe it or not, I am but I need to take more steps in that direction. Again ... 6.

Occupational: I like my work but as mentioned in Financial, I feel like I've got the education and experience to move up so I'm a little frustrated. 6.

Physical: I'm not exercising as much as I would like. That would require more time, not more motivation. I'm eating fairly well but not perfect. My sleep could use some work. Let's say 6 or 7.

Intellectual: Taking courses! I can't go very long without taking course. My current one is Understanding TBI. In this area, I'd put me at an 8 or 9.

Environmental: I am working on creating a better environment at home and I am debating what I can do to create a better environment at work. I'll go with 7 for effort!

Not bad but could use some improvement and I am working on some of those areas. :)

M in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Ttttt
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Tracey - Aaahhhh! What fun! :p<3<3<3

It's going to be pouring down with rain all day. Yuk!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    Today has the shortest daylight hours of the year. 9 hours, 0 minutes, 50 seconds.

Tomorrow we have 2 extra seconds of daylight!

:):)

Machka in Oz
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, church, council meeting, dogs to powerline.
    Bonus: Freddie’s, veg prep for pizza night at the firehouse.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call to get credit card interest due redemption policy change forgiven, figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: finish and email draft minutes, drop off cookies, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Nothing but You, Do Your Thing, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick; practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Joyful June:
    20-Rediscover and enjoy a fun childhood activity: not particularly active as a child, perhaps swimming? Maybe try water aerobics Thursday if enough progress on cleaning house in prep for K.
    21-Send a positive note to a friend who needs encouragement-Rd’A.

Pizza night at the firehouse, held it down to one piece of pizza, one quarter pc of cake and one and a half double chocolate brownies. Thanks to dog walking, shopping and frenzied last minute veg prep exercise, kept CI < CO. Better plan on doing some frenzied cleaning tomorrow in prep for K’s visit and lunch with C.

Welcome @pstruthe Pam! Congratulations for starting. Baby steps will get you where you want to go.
    Machka :love: Rhody. When Joe’s trying to read, Tumble will crawl up onto his lap and demand attention. I’m in awe of your coping with life ability. Maybe you’re doing better than you think? :Love: the six signs you are a cat :laugh:
    Katla how long will your trip to DS/DDIL be? 3 weeks? More???
    Michele good bye skunk!!! You are one brave gal, I wouldn’t have gotten close enough to check for breathing :noway:
    KJ :love: the niece story, the popsicles before breakfast pics and the walk a different park every day idea. Enjoy your vacation!
    Allie that is quite an impressive savings!
    Julie your café mornings sound delightful.
    Rebecca what a good-looking crew of guys. You sure can pick ‘em.
    Tracey your posts warmed my heart. So happy for you.
    Penny kick and scream hard!

Also missing @Suebdew
    @SuziQ113 hasn’t yet accepted my friend request so can’t see when she last logged in. Rebecca could you?
    @kevrit RVRita is logging, but haven’t seen her post since this update:
    twshl7m1fdrg.png

Does anyone know what I’ve done wrong to the baby zucchinis and how to fix it?
    fcwsgfstm96h.jpeg
    yvrvtzwqp8qm.jpeg

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    June: leaner/stronger/kinder than May.
    daily: sit with Joe: 20, weigh/wii: 20/0/0; steps>6362=6538 vits=18, log=20, CI<CO=19, CI<250<CO=14, Tumble=12, Shadow=14 mfp=19, outside=20, up hill=15, clean 10=2.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=3. Wed:TC=3 PW=2. Thurs:PW=1, watched part of principles of pilates. Fri:TC=3. Sat:PW=2. rX x4=3.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/6:141.8 6/12:142.4 6/20:140.2 6/27: 6/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=2, 21 plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=12 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Wwwww
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

Tracey 🥺 3 x 16 hrs days? You must in line for some time off!
    Rebecca what a great Athena dream!
    Katla😱 other grandmother fell and was hospitalized! Wish her a speedy recovery. 😍 your big train adventure. Have fun.
    Vicki : 😳 Going to teach Sunday school for the first time this week. 5-12 year olds.” Gird your loins, girl!
    Allie Please take things easy, dear girl!
    Michele 🥰 pool!
    Heather your brother’s visit sounds delightful. 🥰 the photo. 😩 Johnny’s filling.
    Barbara - Hope you enjoyed you outing with T

Had a lovely time on Saturday celebrating an early Father’s Day with our family. We had afternoon coffee with strawberries and ice cream.
    Had a quiet Father’s Day yesterday and Skyped with Granddaughter who is in England. She’s coming home on 5 July for a week. Looking forward to seeing her.
    Today I’m planning to go out into the garden and do some weeding.

I’m playing catch-up again pg 44
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    Options
    😕It’s so sad to watch a beloved relative or friend disappear before your eyes, and then have to deal with what replaces them. 😢

Michele - Elsie had lots of elegant stuff that she kept for ‘best’. No one wanted it when she died. I kept it, and use it often and think of her.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options
    I need to work on social wellness too. I used to hang out with some ladies pre-pandemic, but that fell apart before I made strong friendships. The rest are okay, or else brought down by the social aspect.

I gave in to evening snacking last night. I went for the sugar. I really need to eat more vegetables. Sound familiar? I've been here awhile.

Nothing special on my plate today, besides the meditation group Zoom. I've been trying to think of a short story to write for the writing group. Something will occur to me, sooner or later.

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Im watching touched by an angel will get dressed and go get Homer.. taking Dan to work at 1