WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2021

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,193 Member
    Had the left over curry for my lunch. :D
    This afternoon I'm going to shop at the deli around the corner for a few fresh things. Having homemade wholemeal pizza tonight, with a green salad.
    Feeling a bit discombobulated today after yesterday's multi change of plans, so I've scheduled a phone call with Gwendolen for later this afternoon. Always good to talk things over. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,365 Member
    :yawn:
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,682 Member
    Morning ladies
    didnt sleep well,but here I am with Alfie...
    Will see what the day brings
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,519 Member
    Qqqqqq
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,682 Member
    Went and got Homer.. so we are hanging out in the AC.. I have a case of the hiccups, havent had that in ages..
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    👋
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Official wi today, down 1.2 lbs! YAY! This is what not snacking all evening will do for me.....
    Heather, congrats on the Fatto a Mano win!
    Kelly, Tracey, and Rebecca, thanks for the photos of the kids! Good looking bunch!
    Lisa, the look on Levi's face was just priceless! Too bad about the Farmers market. Hoping things will pick up for you. Although, like you said, you did sell to all four people that showed up.... That's a win, a small one, but a win nevertheless.
    Kim, brilliant idea about using the power washer to clear the sewer pipe! Sure glad you were able to resolve without the need to call in costly, professional help. Congrats on getting your financial picture more secure also!
    Penny, best of luck with your move!
    Had many more comments to make, but of course, time has faded my memory and I just don't always have time to do more than read. And now I must dash as I do need to get my walk in before it gets too warm again today. Not California warm (thank heavens!), but still hitting high 80's to low 90's. Too much for my blood!
    As always, hugs to those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited June 2021
    Barbara: Thanks for letting us know us that SuziQ is still on mfp. :star:

Rebecca: Your cards are charming. :flowerforyou:

Heather and Tina: I have no intention of walking or driving to Illinois in any season of the year. :noway: Summer is too hot and winter is too cold. I will willingly fly to Illinois to visit our daughter and grandchildren. :wink:

Dandl1986: Comfort animals are a blessing to those who are in hospitals, nursing homes and schools. Bumble is likely to be welcomed and to bring smiles to those who need a bit of joy in their lives. :heart:

Barbara: I like baked potatoes well enough, and new potatoes even better. I am also a fan of brown rice. I use tums to minimize & stop cramping in my feet at night. They are very effective for me. :bigsmile: I am happy that SuziQ accepted your friend request. :flowerforyou:

KateUK: Congrats on getting into your pants. I had gallbladder issues in the long time past. It was very painful. I had only one gallstone, and it was the size of a robin’s egg. I was delighted to have it removed. I’ve had no trouble since then. :bigsmile:

Heather: I think you did the owner of Fatto a Mano a big favor when your Google review was posted. It has prompted him to make changes that will improve his service and make customers happy. I hope you enjoy your next visit there for a meal. :smiley:

Allie: Hiccups are unpleasant. I have had great success by drinking water from the back side of a glass. I bend over and drink the water upside down. It sounds silly, but it works for me. Good luck. :flowerforyou:

I have a first appointment with a new doctor today. My previous doctor resigned and is a now stay at home mom, spending time with her daughters. I hope that I like the new doctor.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,935 Member
    Just got home this morning- It was a good weekend with mom but I am so ready to rest up after all that-
    I got over 12,000 steps each day I was there and didn't track calories but know I was way under every day- too busy to eat or too tired to really fix anything.
    I planted four 100ft rows of corn, three 100ft rows of green beans and another row of Lima beans then one of two 100ft rows of okra. I did all this while mom decided to use the weed eater around the yard. The only thing planted in the main garden is what I listed above that I did.
    She does have some stuff in the raised beds but even some of them aren't planted. Everything is 6 weeks late getting planted.

The weekend wasn't all work. We went in to the church and did food program/food bank- That day was LONG- only slept 3 hrs before being up at 4:45 to head in to town, came home and went right to work in the garden- didn't eat anything until about 3PM. Sunday we went to church and then I went out and visited my aunt for a few hours which was great- it cooled down by the time I got home so back to the garden. Yesterday was my best friend's mom's memorial service. Weather was perfect and the service was nice. As a memento some of us were give tea cup and saucer from a set their mom had collected- it is Impression glass I think they said- pretty green. I have quite a few other pieces of Carnival glass that I bought when they had a garage sale, other pieces my friend just gave me. Back to the garden again yesterday afternoon.

On page 44 now so need to read and catch up on all the posts.

Debbie
    Napa Valley, Ca(after a long weekend in Alexander Valley)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,444 Member
    Thanks Katla, its therapeutic, and was listening to music as I did those.😁
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,444 Member
    Thanks Katla, its therapeutic, and was listening to music as I did those.😁
    Rebecca
  • dlfk202000
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: Thurs BP, chiro, typed hymns. Fri: T’ai Chi

Debbie, Kim, Barbie what did I do to cause the baby zucchini fruits to fade from green to yellow from the blossom end? Transplant shock? Overwatering? ???

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    June: leaner/stronger/kinder than May.
    daily: sit with Joe: 17, weigh/wii: 18/0/0; steps>6362=1941. vits=17, log=18, CI<CO=17, CI<250<CO=12, Tumble=9, Shadow=12 mfp=16, outside=18, up hill=13, clean 10=2.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=3. Wed:TC=3 PW=2. Thurs:PW=1, watched part of principles of pilates. Fri:TC=3. Sat:PW=1. rX x4=3.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/6:141.8 6/12: 142.4 6/20: 6/27: 6/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=2, 21 plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=11 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

Not sure if you got your answer but I would guess they did not get polinated- I have that problem here, not enough bees
  • Butterfly2022MD
    Butterfly2022MD Posts: 246 Member
    Good luck everyone. I am starting again. I am 51.
  • dlfk202000
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, church, council meeting, dogs to powerline.
    Bonus: Freddie’s, veg prep for pizza night at the firehouse.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call to get credit card interest due redemption policy change forgiven, figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: finish and email draft minutes, drop off cookies, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Nothing but You, Do Your Thing, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick; practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Joyful June:
    20-Rediscover and enjoy a fun childhood activity: not particularly active as a child, perhaps swimming? Maybe try water aerobics Thursday if enough progress on cleaning house in prep for K.
    21-Send a positive note to a friend who needs encouragement-Rd’A.

Pizza night at the firehouse, held it down to one piece of pizza, one quarter pc of cake and one and a half double chocolate brownies. Thanks to dog walking, shopping and frenzied last minute veg prep exercise, kept CI < CO. Better plan on doing some frenzied cleaning tomorrow in prep for K’s visit and lunch with C.

Welcome @pstruthe Pam! Congratulations for starting. Baby steps will get you where you want to go.
    Machka :love: Rhody. When Joe’s trying to read, Tumble will crawl up onto his lap and demand attention. I’m in awe of your coping with life ability. Maybe you’re doing better than you think? :Love: the six signs you are a cat :laugh:
    Katla how long will your trip to DS/DDIL be? 3 weeks? More???
    Michele good bye skunk!!! You are one brave gal, I wouldn’t have gotten close enough to check for breathing :noway:
    KJ :love: the niece story, the popsicles before breakfast pics and the walk a different park every day idea. Enjoy your vacation!
    Allie that is quite an impressive savings!
    Julie your café mornings sound delightful.
    Rebecca what a good-looking crew of guys. You sure can pick ‘em.
    Tracey your posts warmed my heart. So happy for you.
    Penny kick and scream hard!

Also missing @Suebdew
    @SuziQ113 hasn’t yet accepted my friend request so can’t see when she last logged in. Rebecca could you?
    @kevrit RVRita is logging, but haven’t seen her post since this update:
    twshl7m1fdrg.png

Does anyone know what I’ve done wrong to the baby zucchinis and how to fix it?
    fcwsgfstm96h.jpeg
    yvrvtzwqp8qm.jpeg

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    June: leaner/stronger/kinder than May.
    daily: sit with Joe: 20, weigh/wii: 20/0/0; steps>6362=6538 vits=18, log=20, CI<CO=19, CI<250<CO=14, Tumble=12, Shadow=14 mfp=19, outside=20, up hill=15, clean 10=2.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=3. Wed:TC=3 PW=2. Thurs:PW=1, watched part of principles of pilates. Fri:TC=3. Sat:PW=2. rX x4=3.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/6:141.8 6/12:142.4 6/20:140.2 6/27: 6/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=2, 21 plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=12 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

My guess is they didn't get polinated
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,519 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 34min 12sec, 52elev, 3.24ap, 80-92hr, 5.10mi= 464c
    Strava app- 618c
    Walk to salon to gym- 19.03min, 81-102hr, .93mi= 92c
    Strava app- 114c
    Spin machine at gym- 54.33min, 11-16gear, 126ahr, 145mhr, 16.20amph, 15mi= 476c
    Walk gym to home- 12min, .53mi= 52c
    Strava app- 65c

Total cal 1084