Myfitnesspal

Message Boards MFP Suggestions/Feedback
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Mobile versus Desktop Differences

jofleet23jofleet23 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
From switching between desktop and mobile versions throughout the day there are quite a few differences that are a bit annoying!
  • Exercise is counted in your calories remaining in the food diary, but not in the desktop version
  • Desktop only registers activity once you've logged in on your mobile if you're using apple watch to record exercise.
  • Food search on mobile is much easier and gives search results of your most frequent items first before searching the database. I've got a huge list of frequent items, so this would be great to have on desktop.
  • Mobile is also better when you select an item to add, it gives you the calorie figures in real time and changes when you change the serving size or number of servings. On desktop, you have no idea of the calories you're adding until you add them to your diary.
Desktop should be as good as mobile!

Replies

• janejellyrolljanejellyroll Member, Premium Posts: 25,745 Member Member, Premium Posts: 25,745 Member
    I flip back and forth and my exercise is always factored into my remaining calories on desktop.

My desktop also tracks my activity synced from my Fitbit.
  • GummiMundiGummiMundi Member Posts: 363 Member Member Posts: 363 Member
    jofleet23 wrote: »
    From switching between desktop and mobile versions throughout the day there are quite a few differences that are a bit annoying!
    • Exercise is counted in your calories remaining in the food diary, but not in the desktop version
    • Desktop only registers activity once you've logged in on your mobile if you're using apple watch to record exercise.
    • Food search on mobile is much easier and gives search results of your most frequent items first before searching the database. I've got a huge list of frequent items, so this would be great to have on desktop.
    • Mobile is also better when you select an item to add, it gives you the calorie figures in real time and changes when you change the serving size or number of servings. On desktop, you have no idea of the calories you're adding until you add them to your diary.
    Desktop should be as good as mobile!

I've never used the mobile app, only the desktop version of the site, but either I'm misunderstanding some of the things you said, or you may be mistaken about some features.

Once I log my exercise (manually, as I don't sync MFP with any devices), exercise calories are added to my food diary. It even says how many calories were earned from exercise on any given day.

When adding food to the diary, you're right that using the "search" option doesn't prioritize our most frequent items, and will pull results from the general database. But there are different tabs we can use instead of the "search box" if we know we've logged an item recently, including one called "Frequent".

And lastly, you can check the exact amount of calories before adding an item you got from the "search box". Not when you're using items from your frequent/most recent items, though, I'll grant you that.