Your number one reason to lose weight

Options
12346»

Replies

• nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Wow. I saw the forum topic and my initial gut-reaction thought was, "my health." Previously I think, no, I know, my initial gut-reaction thought would have been to look good. It might be silly but I consider that an NSV. :happy:
  • cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    To change the law and make it illegal for me to wear clothes.

Hahaha I love this!
  • cmacphee3
    Options
    My number one? I saw a picture of myself and did this:

index.php20110724-22047-58b7hk.png

But I really like being able to jog a little now, or walk long distances... and I LOVE that I'm getting definition in my thighs, calves, and arms. Totally worth sticking with it.

I make that look now.. good point!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    So what about all of you? What is your number one reason for losing weight?

I want random chicks and dudes to want me.

I want people to envy my wife.

I want teens who are up to no good to avoid making trouble in my neighborhood. Because after one little fight their mom will get scared, and send to live with their auntie and uncle in bel air.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I want to watch my kids grow into adults
    I want to experience as much of the world as I am reasonably able
  • cmacphee3
    Options
    Wow. I saw the forum topic and my initial gut-reaction thought was, "my health." Previously I think, no, I know, my initial gut-reaction thought would have been to look good. It might be silly but I consider that an NSV. :happy:

Me too. My first reason before had to do with my looks, but now that I'm getting a bit older and all the health problems my mom has have shown up, my focus has changed.
  • mazekah
    mazekah Posts: 52
    Options
    1. I like feeling vibrant and enjoying my life.
    2. To deal with - finally and forever - the delusions that I carry about skinny equals happier. It just is a different kind of normal.
    3. No more joint pain.
    4. No more sloggy existence from sugar. Sugar robs me of everything - my hobbies, my self-esteem, my optimism. Sugar is a drug.
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Number One - to be healthy. Everything else is just gravy...
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I want to have a bunch of babies! <3

I feel like it is selfish of me to have a baby when I am not healthy enough to take care of myself. I was 325 when I started, and have gotten down to 265. My goal is 190, not super model thin. I just want to be healthy enough to enjoy life, enjoy my future babies and be... happy.
  • DMicheleC
    DMicheleC Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    To be healthier, I was diagnosed with diabetes in March, I am controlling it with diet and exercise. I have lowered my blood glucose levels to almost normal, fingers crossed for my next blood test. I have also reduced my blood pressure to normal levels. So just want to loose more weight and drop a couple of dress sizes so I feel more confident to wear anything I like. Had a few problem weeks but thanks for helping me to remember why I started this journey and good luck on your :bigsmile:
  • horseswinelife
    horseswinelife Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have a few reasons:

*To feel good about myself
    *So I can wear all of the clothes I want to
    *Get my confidence back

This!
  • trinity9058
    trinity9058 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My number one reason to lose weight is my children, because I'm tired of being too tired to do anything with them. A close second is that I don't want to have to deal with a weight problem on top of Lupus. I think that the lupus is enough stress all by itself.
  • galenofedgewood
    galenofedgewood Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    For my wife and children.

Me at a healthy weight will allow me to live longer and better for them. HUGELY important.

Also, since I'm in the military, it helps my career (as appearance is a huge thing) and makes meeting our physical training standards that much easier.

And... My wife thinks I look far sexier in the thinner stage that I'm at now too. I like that part. <3
  • wertgirlfor
    wertgirlfor Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    So I can be smaller and healthier going into my 20's. My family is prone to weight gain, so I wanna make sure I start out my adult life good, before university, career, kids, etc. Plus I'm still young enough that it'll hopefully be easier than when I'm older.
  • twotailedvulpine
    twotailedvulpine Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Health.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    My first reason was health, and it still holds true. However my first reason now that I AM healthy and still want to lose another 7lbs is hotness :smokin:
  • BigCahuna
    BigCahuna Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I want to outlive my financial planning (so I can become a burden on my children and society as a whole).
  • wapan
    wapan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    bikinis --> Hot guy (I only need one)