Transitioning from SparkPeople

13»

Replies

• momof3rnmt
    momof3rnmt Posts: 2 Member
    Also from SparkPeople, where I was Sue-E1124. I created this MFP profile years ago but hadn't used it because I had things saved to SP. After spending the last few days using MFP, I think this will meet my needs well. I hope everyone finds something that works for them.
  • JustJ2014
    JustJ2014 Posts: 5,343 Member
    I’ve created a group called Spark People friends. Feel free to join
  • fluffypanda77
    fluffypanda77 Posts: 7 Member
    mchopper1 wrote: »
    I am a former Sparker too. I am relly going to miss the social aspects of SP. I am currently trying to enter my food and its just not as easy as on SP. I will get the hack of it I am sure.

I didn't think I would get the hang of this one but I am somewhat. LoL I'm also in WW too.. I gave the digital app. I was in spark people a long time ago. I didn't know it was being shut down. Why is that?
  • JustJ2014
    JustJ2014 Posts: 5,343 Member
    edited June 2021
    I have created a group for us Spark People. Look for Spark People Friends https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/140805-spark-people-friends
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 10,893 Member
    edited June 2021
    Hi there! I thought I'd posted a comment on her earlier in the week but maybe not! I'm trying out a couple of sites and probably won't be keeping too much straight for a while about what I post where! :) I'm RETIREDSUE from SP where I too am involved in the 5% challenges - this round I'm a CL for the first time! Talk about jumping into the deep end! I am fortunate to have an experienced co-CL guiding me along on the Awesome A's. I've been doing challenges on that team since the spring of 2016 so it's sad that it's coming to an end. Anyway, community will be a key deciding factor in where I end up once SP shuts down. SparkAmerica is not an option for me - I'm Canadian. I saw a name or two here that look a bit familiar. Looking forward to making new friends and maybe still connecting with some old friends. Okay I just saw my previous comment from a few days ago. LOL! I really need to download a picture on here so I recognize myself!
  • aichilove
    aichilove Posts: 380 Member
    Hi! Former Sparker here, too (elizinjapan).The new SparkAmerica isn’t even available for those of us living overseas, apparently. My favorite Spark group (BLC46) is looking for a new home and possibly moving here. I am enjoying how easy it is to post pictures and reactions here.
  • llwaterhouse51
    llwaterhouse51 Posts: 1 Member
    its funny. I was with sparkpeople for years. If they had offered a strictly yearly membership, instead of hiding it behind the coaching, and said we need to charge to survive, I would have done it. Instead, I've purged all the spark apps, moved to MFP and taken a paid membership. SP really missed an opportunity.
  • WinterflowerSP
    WinterflowerSP Posts: 826 Member
    Hello everyone! I also am from SP as Winterflower and am trying out apps and sites to find a replacement for SP. I used MFP successfully until it was taken over by UnderArmor and then I didn't like it as well. So I switched over to SP actively in 2016. Both helped me reach my goals.
  • terifraser
    terifraser Posts: 3 Member
    I joined MFP a few weeks ago only used it one day. Im really busy moving. I’m going to join full time when I get settled in Nova Scotia, I also was a Sparker. 2007- present off and on the last few years. Came back full time in January I’m very disappointed it’s shutting down. We will never find anything like it.
  • Jamesever
    Jamesever Posts: 51 Member
    MyFitnessPal looks like it has a very global community as well. I like that. I also noticed activity is posted to my feed each day. So far, so good.

q2oyhk8gxa3y.jpg
  • debcervi
    debcervi Posts: 1 Member
    I also have transitioned from Spark People. I wonder if there is a way to import my recipies and weight tracking record from there to here. I suppose I could just start over.
  • Niteman3d
    Niteman3d Posts: 158 Member
    There is a recipe importer under the MFP recipes tab that DW tells me works (kind of), but with a lot of help.

debcervi wrote: »
    I also have transitioned from Spark People. I wonder if there is a way to import my recipies and weight tracking record from there to here. I suppose I could just start over.

• Size8notsomuch
    Size8notsomuch Posts: 3 Member
    I’m coming over from SP too. So happy to see the “old” community here too! This is great. Anyone know how we can setup a unique SP community here?
  • Sheila7631
    Sheila7631 Posts: 885 Member
    Moving here from Sparkpeople too. I really enjoyed the ability to chart nutrients and compare what worked and what didn't. However I am already seeing facets of MFP that I like just as well if not better. Nice to see so many former sparkers here. Best of luck everyone! :)
  • 50ShadesofTay0925
    50ShadesofTay0925 Posts: 2 Member
    Another SP expat joining MFP! So far I’m digging this site/tool. More up to date content. I was Taygrl at SP but here I’m 50ShadesofTay0925. Glad to see y’all here! :#:)
    0ppp0h10wi4h.png
  • Desiree672
    Desiree672 Posts: 4 Member
    Transitioning from SparkPeople. I'm sticking it out till the bitter end over there but finding my way around here and trying to get used to it before the 17th. Nice to see some familiar faces :-).
  • BrennanArmacost
    BrennanArmacost Posts: 10 Member
    Hey! I was Brennan_Armacos on SparkPeople. Too bad they have to close.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,285 Member
    Desiree672 wrote: »
    Transitioning from SparkPeople. I'm sticking it out till the bitter end over there but finding my way around here and trying to get used to it before the 17th. Nice to see some familiar faces :-).

Welcome to MFP.
    I had to bail early on SparkPeople. I couldn’t stand the feeling of loss, watching it wind down.

Glad you’ve made it here. Do consider joining the group @JustJ2014 started. It’s lovely there.
  • MAEMAE6060
    MAEMAE6060 Posts: 9 Member
    edited August 2021
    Well as you can all guess - I'm transitioning over from Sparkpeople. I was the leader of MA Sparklers and sorry to see the site close down. I looked into SparkAmerica but doesn't seem like it's right for me. We also started a page on facebook so a few of us could continue to stay in touch but I felt the need for something more complete. Tracking was a must for me so I thought I would give this a try and hopefully can find needed support from others. I had hit lifetime at WW in 2019 and then I quit smoking in March of 2020 and gained 30 lbs. So now I'm struggling to lose that weight. Fingers crossed this will help me RE reach my goals.

Have a great night everyone!
    Maryanne
  • EjoyEvelyn
    EjoyEvelyn Posts: 622 Member
    I'm Ejoy-Evelyn looking for the 5% Challenge Team. I know the Fall team is still in set-up stages.