Daily Chats and Encouragements

Replies

• Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,528 Member
    Oooo, that looks yummy! I need to make some chaffles, but I have to find my chaffle maker before that can happen. We have a big waffle maker, maybe I can make a big chaffle in that!

Feeling much better today. Still having to take some deep breaths and have some pressure on my chest, but overall feeling pretty normal. I'm going to try to do some walking today. Praise the Lord.

I'm so glad you are feeling better, Bren. I second the motion for you to get your eating under control, as a friend likes to say - "me no likey" when you aren't doing well! Take care my "uptown gal"! Love you
  • bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 859 Member
    I was surprised at how good it was and it was certainly simple....a requirement in my kitchen.

I had ordered light English muffins to do breakfast sandwiches with this week....and didn't get them. They show up on my receipt but didn't make it home. I do have HB buns and whole grain bread I can use but I was disappointed.

That's great news! Be light and easy still until you have full recovery. Praise the Lord, indeed!

I got rid of a lot of fluid yesterday/ last night...4.8 pounds of it....The sodium levels have been a real problem of late, what with all the canned soup I had while my knee was out for a month...I prayed for relief for sure....that felt really bad. LOL....I hear you my Sister! I need to get myself sorted so I can reschedule my Dr.'s appointments. I'm past due on all three.

Hope you rest well tonight...Love and prayers for us all in the time ahead.
  • Restfinder
    I need to be determined to get some of my weight off. I know I can't do it all, but there is at least 50 lbs on me that I should be able to get off if there are 40-50 lbs on there for the lipedema! I started taking my second diuretic again, hoping that that is what was causing the weight gain - but I think I know better! I did a little bit of walking yesterday. I'll get the dishes done and get my hair washed in hopes I can be at Bible Study tonight. I'm not sure if I should wait until the anti-biotics are done or if I am now no longer contageous. My doctor told me to give the antibiotics 24 hours - huh? I gave them a week! A little bit of having to take deep breaths today, but then, that is how I get when my allergies are bad too, so I am thinking that that is what is now causing that to happen.

I tried to sit outside and watch the chickens for a little bit yesterday evening, but it was just too hot! I have a fan on me almost all of the time right now. I'm not used to not being able to handle heat! I started something called Dulse this morning. It's an ocean plant that has a lot of nutrients in it, and according to Suzy Cohen it is supposed to help with the thyroid, which I am hoping is causing this problem.

Well, I'll let you go. Have an awesome day! Love you
  • Restfinder
    Here's a gorgeous picture I found in one of my e-mails: Okay, I couldn't find that one so I'll give you another one that just tickles me!

2qddbkqwrd61.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,588 Member
    Well, wouldn't you know - had a post just about finished and press a button and lost it all.

Anyway praying for you lovely ladies and all the health problems. Remember if we follow the Lord and His instructions on what we should eat we will lose the unwanted weight

Had the stitches out of my arm this afternoon. Glad that was done - 3 weeks tomorrow that I had the operation - and the nurse said it sounded good and with doing the ultrasound the size of the fisquala is right where it should be - so am praying it will continue to grow and stay strong should I need to use it

Norm took me out for lunch after the hospital visit - we went to Arbys. Had a roast beef sandwich and a cold drink - I could taste the salt so will have to drink extra water to get rid of as much as I can

Need to start moving more - have to push through the pain - so tomorrow will be day 1 of walking on the treadmill for 5 - 10 minutes.

Changed up my food as of today and here is what I have had
    Breakfast was 1 small orange, 1 slice of toast with a little peanut buttern and 1/2 cup of oatmeal with frozen raspberries
    Lunch was what I had at Arby though I had planned to have 2 hard boiled eggs and some strawberries and as I am not hungry now think that is what I will have for dinner

Have a good evening ladies
  • bren5535
    I see that in my mirror as well....how did she get in here? I do hear you on the weight loss thing. I have played with the same pounds countless times in the past 2 years and it takes a toll for sure. I need to buckle down and move ahead...

Good to see you Marilyn....Continued prayers for us all up in here!

I got a good night's rest last night and am thankful. Actually stayed asleep until 6:30. That doesn't happen much anymore.

I got some new artificial flowers for my outside pot by my door. The others didn't last very long, what with cats playing in them, strong winds and the like. I did see 3 lovely cats yesterday. I do still miss them and love them all.

I got laundry packed and picked up yesterday. I would really like to be able to do it myself again but if I don't regain that strength and stamina...I am thankful, very much so...for this option. There is a minimum of 25 pounds so I only have it done every couple of months.

We hit 105 here yesterday and I am glad to be able to stay safely tucked inside. I sent a message to my cardiologist's office yesterday for refills on the 3 meds he does and will need to make an appointment for the next round. He OK'd the 90 days...but I need to schedule an appt. for Sept. with him. I'm thinking I can do my lab work and endo guy in July, my PCP in August and then the cardiologist in September. That should square me away until next Spring with my penchant for rescheduling, cancellations and bumbling about?

I did the quesadillas again yesterday and did up more onion, added 3 sliced mini peppers, 2 dabs of diced jalapenos and more cheese to the leftover chicken from the other day. It was even better with the peppers added! Yummy....
  • Restfinder
    I think today will be my sweet potato tortilla peanut butter sandwich and my cranberry smoothie for lunch. We bought some 3 oz cups that I can put all of my powders in (five different ones) so making my smoothie will be much easier. I made up 21 cups, so I should be good for a month. I will try to remember to do the smoothie five times a week.

Yeah, Marilyn. I'm so glad that your device is doing like it should this time. I am still praying you never have to use it! I usually get the Reuben when I go to Arby's, but it's probably been a year since I've been there. A Reuben is my favorite sandwich. I laugh because the only thing I would like on it's own is the corned beef, but altogether it's a thing to be enjoyed!

Thanks for reminding me that I have a load of laundry to get done today!!! Love y'all.
  • Restfinder
    56qtfrcjyiuh.jpg
  • bren5535
    Another favorite verse....Love it and we need it in each day we get.

I slept in this morning until 8:15....am just now having my first cup of coffee. I stepped out to go get mail for the first time this week. I only had 3 pieces of trash for my trouble but that's OK...it counts as a house lap.
    My 3 scripts are ready for pick up and I'll go get them in the morning. I don't mind going out so much on the weekends as there's less traffic...I want to get my flowers replaced, trash out, and some home chores done as well.

I managed to deal with the dishwasher yesterday...took about 4 runs at it...the third, I had to use the energy I'd drummed up for it...to clean up the cup of coffee I knocked off the counter. Broke the handle off my cup, too. I'm glad those things don't happen often but it reaffirms my issues in using glass items. There are some slivers I still need to get up.

Today's stats:
    232.4 (up 1.6 from last Friday)
    136/74 65

I really want to get some weight off prior to my Dr.'s appointments so will get to work on that. Prayers for healing, strength, stamina, provision, protection and peace...for all of us here.k47dqu815j5w.png
  • Restfinder
    Amen, that is my prayer every day! Oooo, I hate when I break something! Wade and I both have trouble with grasping things, they just seem to fly out of our hands! I mostly drink out of metal cups. I bought a new one to put my smoothies in. It doesn't have all the edges that my old one did so it should be easier to clean. I have metal cups, but they have the pop on lids and that isn't good when you have to shake up the contents! :D

BP a bit high but the other numbers look great!
    Have a great weekend, and a blessed Lord's Day.
  • bren5535
    It had been awhile since I broke something...I have 2 tea glasses of glass, and 3 plastic ones...most of my cups are the Corelle or ceramic...and it was one of my scripture cups I broke.

I've had one of my down all day episodes. I just now got up again at 5 PM...had lunch at 11:45 and went back down. I've been very weak and weary today. I got up at 5:30 AM, made coffee, laid back down and was out again, until about 10:45...never had any coffee.

BP was good today at 121/70 65 and FBS was 113. I had a drop last night to 74 so had a bottle of orange juice over ice. It's nasty at room temp. I also have some little bottles of apple juice for that purpose.

I did a microwave omelet and toasted a bun for dinner last night. Next time, I'll put the turkey sausage in the air fryer with the toast.s8s6bx1th9ib.jpg

• bren5535
    f8sksg93jyv6.png

I have been a bit fearful the past week or so since the "heart issues" came on. I have been praying, of course...and am reminded of the many times God has told us "Fear Not"....for He is with us always.
    I WILL go see my cardiologist this time (per his uhm...request)...and pray for some healing prior to that time since I don't want to do a hospital run if I can avoid it. God knows what's going on and is aware of all that touches our lives....

I am feeling better this morning, am pushing thru a bit to get some things done, praising God for His care and recovery...and His provision in all things.

I am having my coffee this morning and will do my "work plan" shortly. I checked mail, got a letter from my son...meds are on the way (delivery) so should get them by maybe Wed/Thu?
    I pulled up the old artificial flowers and "planted" the new ones...

Wishing you all a blessed and beautiful day....0gplfmhol932.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Are your meds the kind that can be mailed? CVS can mail me all but one of mine and I often try to go that route so Wade won't have to go into town to pick it up. Amazon is also doing pharmacy and they can do up daily packets of your pills or send them all at the same time. I have thought about looking into that for when I am on Medicare, it would make things much easier. I'll keep my account at CVS for those meds that are for a specific problem (like the pneumonia antibiotics). I may have to keep my Tramadol there since I have to sign for it.

Doing alright. Breathing troubles yesterday, but they aren't as bad today, well, it isn't as humid today and I haven't been outside. Wow, everything seemed to be off yesterday. My tummy, my pain, my breathing - ugh! But, I had a wonderful time in worship yesterday, in fact, it's the first time in months we have all been able to be there! Woohoo! God is awesome!

Love you all. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • bren5535
    My insurance switched pharmacies this year and I'd have had to get all 3 of my Dr.'s to send new scrips to the new service for home delivery.
    It's just easier to get them all at Walgreens now. They will deliver for a small charge, all but my insulin and the Tylenol 4 I had taken. I have 4 coming this week. The insulin is easier without having to deal with the trash...the big box and Styrofoam container to be disposed of. I still have one in there from before. On those occasions, since I am out to do a pick up...I normally do an order for HEB that's just across from the pharmacy.

I'm glad you were able to be at church at last...and hope you feel better as the day rolls by.
  • kzrkzr
    kzrkzr Posts: 77 Member
    I think I figured out why I was in so much pain! My "doc" put me on a new diabetic drug a couple months back. I had a feeling that was causing my pain. So, I quit taking it! After about 2 weeks my pain started leaving, and I'm starting to feel so much better. Yesterday, I looked up that med and if it had any complications regarding leg/hip issues. It said it causes SEVERE JOINT PAIN! I am done with these poisonous drugs!!!!!
    I've been in so much pain, that I literally thought I was going to lose my mind!
    ON an other note ...lol..
    My daughter had her baby shower Saturday
    She was so beautiful. My mom, sister, aunt, and company came. They literally would not sit with me. Gave some crazy excuse. While my daughter was unwrapping gifts, they all walked out without saying a word. Who does that? I don't get people anymore. Seems like family is worse to ya than a stranger. My daughter said several of her friends noticed that my own mother and company did not sit with me. So sad and embarrassing for them. It did bother me a little bit, but it did not damper my day!
    I'm so excited to meet my granddaughter! Her name is Adalynn Jean.
    Please pray that my daughter will have an easy delivery, and that Adalynn will be healthy.
    I really put too much on myself this year with my garden lol...It's hard work...especially when your health has not been the greatest...but it is my "ME" time. The rewards are worth the hard work!
    Praying for you all
    love and hugs
  • Restfinder
    Your flowers are always so beautiful, Missy. Baby showers are so much fun! We have a niece who we were able to go to a couple for two of her three children. They are Christians and their church family was there and then her biological family, Christians as well, were there. Just a lot of good clean fun. I'm sorry that your family acted badly! I'm glad that you didn't let it get to you. Shake off the poison and move forward!
    Wow, that is so interesting about the med. I hope that you find a way to control your diabetes that won't hurt you in another way! I'm praying for mom and baby, and for you too, my friend!

Bren, it's good for you to get out anyway, just for a different view and fresh air! When it's cooler, are you able to sit down and enjoy the cats? I like to get my meds at different times, just for the cost factor! It will cost the same, but I won't have to pay it all at one time!

Oh my, I did my house walking yesterday and I was also doing my bicept and tricept curls. My pulse went up to 158! I guess I need to do them at different times! I'm used to it going up into the 130's if I haven't taken my meds yet, but this went that high after I'd taken my med - eek! I was reading today in Suzy Cohen's newsletter about what to take for constipation - I had stopped my probiotics and tummy enzymes and sure enough, that's something that would help. I have some that will come at the beginning of July in my Subscribe and Save order. I hope that that helps. I'm going to try and get more water as well. Some days the only liquid I've been getting is coffee and a Zevia (which is a 0-calorie, no-sweetener drink). I just need to keep drinking more liquids on my mind! I don't think drinking more or less has any effect on my lymphedema. I haven't been doing anything with that recently - not wearing my compression garments (too hot) or doing my massage. I should at least do that! With being sick, I just didn't have the energy for any of it! I will start today though!

Love y'all. Keep me accountable and I will do the same for you - Oh Joy! :D
  • bren5535
    Wow, Missy! Only God can change those hard hearts and abusive behavior. I am so sorry that they have no respect or the godly love one would expect from family.
    I know you are looking forward to your first grandbaby...and I too, will keep her and all of you in my prayers for the days ahead. I only have fond memories of gardens past...and some envy of those you and others still do!

I found out our ex-maintenance guy James, from my job, had passed away the 8th. A month after my brother. He was 87 and had had issues after having Covid. He too, was cremated, no service.

Oh no! That high heart rate would scare me, Kim. Did you use weights to do your curls? My little 2 pounders feel like 5 currently, I am so weak! I am only doing a wee bit of inside walking and then my ventures out to get trash out and check mail...on my list today. The bug man comes tomorrow so I am spiffing up a bit today. I will have maintenance in next week to tend to the leak at the bathroom sink.
    I noticed the door swelling had receded somewhat so it's closing better. I emptied my bowl again yesterday.

I may have to add a dental visit to my upcoming appointments. I have 3 teeth on the right causing a lot of pain. Especially with cold things. I do try to eat on the left side but slip often. I do have the Ambesol gel and use it after meals...and rinsing well. Of course I will put it off as long as I possibly can!

• Restfinder
    Ooo, get those teeth checked quickly, you don't want it to turn into an abcess!

Yesterday I did my walk and my weights separately. I am using 3 pounders and doing alright with that. I did 20 bicep curls, 40 tricep curls and 20 flies (or side raises). I made sure to bend my elbows on those. I hurt my shoulders when I didn't and I was using 5 lb weights. I walked until I got tired and then did my weights and that worked out fine. I took an extra 1/2 heart pill this morning because just sitting here it was in the 80's. Normally for me it should be in the mid 60's or low 70's when I'm resting. Wow, 5 min ago it was 100 and I'm just sitting here! It's 74 right now. It must have gone up when I went and took the extra bit of med. I'm so glad that the Lord knows what is going on and He has a perfect plan!

Love y'all. Am going to enjoy a meal with my Church family tonight before we have Bible Study! Yea!
  • bren5535
    Yikes....that is high. My friend, ex-co-worker, Sharon has those issues. She had an ablation done years ago and was considered for another but didn't have round two done. She had what they termed 2 electrical systems and had to knock one out?
    My resting heart rate used to be in the 70's-80's range, back several years ago...now it's low 60's mostly and an occasional low of 58-59.

My teeth are on notice. They don't bother me unless something cold slaps on them...so I do work to avoid that. I know I'll have to deal with them eventually unless God calls me home beforehand.

I'm up in the wee hours again after a restless bit and prayer...decided to get up and putter about. I can do some quiet things and not disturb neighbors. No coffee at 2:30 tho...that can wait. I can get trash out, and spiff up the kitchen area, put some laundry away etc. psx8f7a6v65y.png

• Restfinder
    I'm just not used to it being that high. Yesterday it only went to 122, which is aerobic level, so I feel like I've done something aerobic! It's in the 80's right now, but I'll give the med some time to absorb before I take more.

Had a good time last night. Had dinner together (we all bring our own) and then had Bible Study afterwards. We were looking at where the different translations worked from. The American Standard Version (as well as the NASB) came from the oldest manuscripts. The KJV came from the Geneva Bible which came from the Latin Vulgate, much later translations. None of these went as far back as the oldest manuscripts. KJV is a very good translation, and lately I've been using NKJV mostly, but often look at words from the different translations and also the Greek and Hebrew definitions. E-Sword, my computer Bible really helps with that. E-Sword is a free on-line Bible. Some of the newer translations aren't free, but there is a heap of them that are. You can also get commentaries, dictionaries and maps. https://e-sword.net/downloads.html

Bren, I hope that the Lord won't call you too soon, but I sure wouldn't be sad to know you were in heaven and feeling awesome! I would never want anyone that I love to come back! Those I know who have gone into eternity and I know they loved Jesus, well, just picturing them with a huge smile on their face and getting about like a young person again is so wonderful. Unfortunately there are some people who I just have to hope they made it! Hope they were living in all the light that they had. You stay in my prayers, sister!

Love y'all.