July 17 Sign In

124»

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,060 Member
    @DebyS137 - I'm sure your family were suitably impressed. Well done on sticking to your guns.
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    This was another pass day for me. We went out to dinner and I was proud of myself for only eating half the pasta serving, but then we went to a bakery and I ended up eating the key lime tart later that night. Oh well.

I like the fruit/vegetable challenge. This is an area I really need to work on. I think I had 3-4 servings (1 peach, 1/2 avocado, asparagus, & sun dried tomatoes).
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,972 Member
    edited July 2021
    Who did I miss?
    Participants in the Freggie Challenge:
    @Bovaryoo
    @biketheworld
    @TwistedSassette
    @Mrs_Hoffer
    @WhatMeRunning
    @victorious55
    @donna25trinity
    @ashleycarole86
    Me

Bovaryoo wrote: »

I like the fruit/vegetable challenge. This is an area I really need to work on. I think I had 3-4 servings (1 peach, 1/2 avocado, asparagus, & sun dried tomatoes).

Great variety of freggies, @Bovaryoo !!
    Great start: 🍑🥑🍅🍌

You are almost to 5️⃣❣️
    ———
    Biketheworld:
    “ - at least 6 servings although it seemed like more. Sometimes hard determining how much is 1 serving.”

@biketheworld
    BRAVO 🏆 on 6️⃣❣️
    🥬🥒🍇🍒🥭🍉

Yes, I think you can just eyeball 1/2 cup or a tennis ball amount. I weigh mine since I weigh my food to track it AND the first research I read on freggies a while back was from the UK & they specified servings as 3 oz (except for salad greens)

Whatever works for you!!

———
    I have ups & downs with my freggies. Lately it's been down, so I've been really trying to get more in, especially fruit as it's not really part of my everyday. I will be aiming for the 2+5 recommendation this week (starting Sunday since Saturday is already over here)!

@TwistedSassette
    Thanks for joining the Freggie Challenge❣️

———

@Mrs_Hoffer
    @MadisonMolly2017 what a great post about freggies! In the past 6 months or so I believe I've tripled my intake of freggies... I am going to work to increase that even more!

@Mrs_Hoffer! Fantastic!! And that’s the attitude! They ARE delicious! Which freggies are your favorite?

———

@WhatMeRunning
    Terrific!! We’ve got this!
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,451 Member
    @DebyS137 - I'm sure your family were suitably impressed. Well done on sticking to your guns.

Thank You !!!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    edited July 2021
    Folks who flagged Freggies as “nailed down” BRAVO & VERY INSPIRING but have another macro (usually protein that they want to increase):

@MaltedTea
    @TerriRichardson112
    @lesdarts180

quote="MaltedTea;c-46112362"]I treat/track the majority of fruits and veg like water: I don't. It's just a natural part of my day and ties in with my need to have more than the average amount of daily fiber than typically suggested for women. So unless it's a time like today (where I went to the farmer's market and got veggies I don't typically eat), I don't bother to track.

What I do need to work on is lowering my fat macro (which will then naturally push my protein macro back up because, uhhhh, I've been failing on that for over a month now). My ideal macro spread is 40-40-20 where the 20 % is from fats.

Thanks for the new challenge.”

———
    I already eat more than 9 servings Freggies daily, and watch my macro/micro balance. Also beginning to eat our own fresh produce. I love summer. 😂 Best of luck if you take on the challenge.

@lesdarts180 - I also have to work on getting my protein in. I don't do supplements either.

———

lesdarts180 wrote: »
    17/07/2021

Freggies? I eat a lot already, don’t need to increase them. My gripe about eating out is that there are never enough veggies.
    Spoiler

I easily get more than 10 portions a day except when I’m away from home, then it can be a struggle. When I’m really down to the wire losing weight I have to cut down on fruit because of the higher sugar and therefore calorie content, so I major on the green leafy veg.

I do have to work at getting protein levels up, I don’t use supplements but I do have “protein bars” as a snack sometimes. I also have to watch my calcium intake as I have been diagnosed with osteopenia.

Good luck to everyone who does accept the challenge - your body will thank you - and so will your older self in 10 or 20 years time!

• MadisonMolly2017
    edited July 2021
    D
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,127 Member
    Fruit and veggies servings - 3
    I knew the day wasn't going well in this department.. I love my fruits and veggies and would certainly exceed 5 almost every day but I didn't start this week right. Time to go up from here!
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    @seilidhe- Do you have a water bottle on your bike? Sounds like you had a bit of dehydration. But you made it 25 miles and that is awesome! And I love love love that you got asked out. That little story is going to keep me smiling all day.

I do have a water bottle. But I'd drunk about half of it when I turned around to head home, so I was "rationing" at a sip per mile. When I pulled over and stopped, I finished it off. I have a camel-back thing that I bought for running. I'm going to start using that when I'm biking, especially longer and faster and distances than I go when I'm with my sister and/or daughter. :)

The being asked out thing still has me going "WTF?" to be honest. I'm still trying to figure it out. Hahahahaha!

• seilidhe
    seilidhe wrote: »
    7/17/2021

Did I exercise at least 20 minutes? I did. And I think I may have pushed myself a bit much.

Be very careful with getting heat stress please. It definitely sounds like you over did it! I also did last week when I ran at lunch instead of the morning. In addition to water, remember that FRUIT is your friend for helping to rehydrate. It actually makes me feel worse to chug water when I am in a bad dehydration situation.

Thanks! I'll remember that in the future. :)
  • seilidhe
    @seilidhe I have no way to know for certain but that sounds very much like a case of dehydration! Your HR will climb way up making easy efforts seem incredibly hard, along with all those other symptoms. Make sure you continue to hydrate over the next 24 to 48 hours and take a break today. Also, unless you are sodium restricted make sure to get some electrolytes in you as you also need to be careful not to wind up too low in any when you fill your tanks back up with pure water.

Will do. Thank you! :)
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,855 Member
    @madisonmolly2017 Though I think it would be good for me to do the challenge, I do not think I can mentally add it on at the moment. Maybe in a few months. My calories will be good to day but will be fiber one cereal, skim milk, coffee, ice cream for lunch, afternoon coffee, tacos for dinner and a final coffee with pizzelle at night. Maybe one freggie in all that as taco toppings. Past few days have been equally "balanced". I'll be cheering you all on instead!
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Pass day # 3
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Fruit and veggies servings - 3
    I knew the day wasn't going well in this department.. I love my fruits and veggies and would certainly exceed 5 almost every day but I didn't start this week right. Time to go up from here!

@ashleycarole86 Sounds great…We all have times like that, but I know you’ll be zooming along in no time since you love them & usually eat them!! 🎉
    SModa61 wrote: »
    @madisonmolly2017 Though I think it would be good for me to do the challenge, I do not think I can mentally add it on at the moment. Maybe in a few months. My calories will be good to day but will be fiber one cereal, skim milk, coffee, ice cream for lunch, afternoon coffee, tacos for dinner and a final coffee with pizzelle at night. Maybe one freggie in all that as taco toppings. Past few days have been equally "balanced". I'll be cheering you all on instead!

@SModa61 we totally understand! 🤗There is a right time & place!
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. 20 min Cubii
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No. I could probably rationalize that I had extras given that I was over 800 calories under target the prior two days, but I'll own the overage. I knew what I was doing and made the decision that I wanted more food (including the pint of low cal ice cream, so good), honestly, no regrets on this one.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.

Pass day 4.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited July 2021
    While I probably should do the freggie challenge I'm far too lazy.

I tend to eat more vegetables in the winter because I like them oven roasted. In the summer I'm inclined to eat salads with protein. Because I'm lazy it's mostly organic salad kits or pre-washed/shredded coleslaw to which I add a homemade Asian dressing. I don't eat a lot of fruit and when I do it's berries and/or cherries for the most part. Though I have added three dried apricots per day for fiber this past month.

I've also been unhappy with the quality of vegetables recently. I only shop once a week because I detest it and recently it seem like most stuff lasts only 3-4 days. I have been forced to throw away too much so that caused me to stop buying outside of the salads and tomatoes.
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited July 2021
    Jana_2020 wrote: »
    Pass day # 3
    brisingr86 wrote: »
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. 20 min Cubii
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No. I could probably rationalize that I had extras given that I was over 800 calories under target the prior two days, but I'll own the overage. I knew what I was doing and made the decision that I wanted more food (including the pint of low cal ice cream, so good), honestly, no regrets on this one.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.

Pass day 4.

(((Hugs))) Don’t give up. You can still be a Champion.

@LazyBlondeChef - We have had the same problem with dates on lots of fresh produce. We also shop weekly, so need long dates so that food lasts.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,828 Member
    7/17

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅

Using #3 pass
    0 pass days left
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited July 2021
    7/17