WaistAways-July Chat 2021

Replies

• DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    I am definitely in the danger zone today, must be that time of the month. I don't track my cycle as I'm on birth control, but maybe I need to start. It's difficult to pinpoint exactly where I am at a given time, but yesterday, and more so today, I am eating everything in sight. We've got our long walk this evening and I'm currently within my calorie goal (to the max, admittedly, with tea included) so I should be fine, and I know tomorrow or Thursday I'll be back to normal. In the mean time, I'm trying to drink extra water, and telling myself that we're having dinner early today! I shall be battling with not raiding the fridge when I put the curry on in an hour or so... maybe I'll prep myself a carrot or two lol

I'm a bit excited because last night I ordered some new towels - adulting at it's finest! Our airing cupboard is now empty (the new boiler is being installed in the loft) and the plan is to turn it into a wardrobe which will house the towels, long (dresses, coats etc) clothing and shoes that aren't worn regularly. It sounds as though OH is going to have a lot of work gear in his new job, and I have a sinking feeling that the wardrobe space is going to be taken over. Not sure how I'm going to make everything fit, especially as he won't start getting the gear until nearer November.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 538 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    Happy Tuesday!
    Biking! Ballooning! things are getting exciting around here. Especially when the word ballooning is NOT referring to anyone's weight - we are looking nice and green :mrgreen:

I have to escape the house now... OH is working on a reno project that sounds like it is going badly. No help is accepted :frowning: so I am getting out of the black cloud of doom! the garden calls

I'm so glad you're able to escape those types of clouds! I must admit, having my OH in Wyoming for the summer has actually helped me stop anticipating egg shells. Learning interesting things about eating and emotional patterns in their absence, some of which are mine to work on and some which aren't. It's a big help!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,089 Member
    WAISTAWAYS WEEK 4 STEP RESULTS

TOTAL TEAM STEPS FOR WEEK 4 (BASED ON FIVE PARTICIPANTS) - 474,825

Together, we walked the Las Vegas strip 53 times!!!! That would sure burn off some of these, wouldn’t it?

9kkvp482jaru.jpg

TOP STEPPERS FOR THE WEEK
    1st - @Kali225 115,562
    2nd - @ashleycarole86 102,315
    3rd - @YinxFed 99,802

STEPPERS MEETING DAILY STEP PLEDGE
    @sunny9847 7/7
    @Kali225 6/7
    @jugar 5/7

We crushed last week team! Keep up the GREAT work.

Noticed I never made a pledge – so I’m marking down 10K as a go forward. @YinxFed I don’t have one marked down for you either, so let me know if you want to make a daily pledge.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,043 Member
    @ashleycarole86 Thanks for asking, I will try to get to 10k a day as a stepping target. So 10k it is.

Thanks ❤
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    That Las Vegas photo is seriously frightening! One of our newer members, @marsipan100 worked there with the Cirque du Soleil for a while. I'm sure she walked that strip at least 53 times!

I need to find a new series to cycle to tonight. Something that will make me pedal faster! I did not get a lot of steps in today - so on the bike I go.

Ready with some numbers?

Late weigh-ins:
    @MandiSaysHey
    @CurvyCalorie
    I hope I'm not forgetting that you are on vacation or something...

Wednesday weigh-ins:
    @AshenMoon
    @EvMakesChanges
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @MoStacy
  • ashleycarole86
    @jugar Couldn't help myself.. lol. Super neat fact about you @marsipan100 .... bet that was quite the experience!

@micki48 How did the biscotti turn out? I love anything to dip in coffee but admittedly don't do that often - super great textural thing though!

07/27 exercise - 12,978 steps
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 680 Member
    Good morning. I believe some on here weigh every day and calculate the average for the weigh in day...am I right? I'm thinking about doing that. Seems I'm back to a big fluctuations period and I feel like such a fraud when I 'lose' 2-3 pounds in one week. And on the flip side, when I gain 3 pounds in a week, I'm down on myself.

• jugar
    eggfreak wrote: »
    Good morning. I believe some on here weigh every day and calculate the average for the weigh in day...am I right? I'm thinking about doing that. Seems I'm back to a big fluctuations period and I feel like such a fraud when I 'lose' 2-3 pounds in one week. And on the flip side, when I gain 3 pounds in a week, I'm down on myself.

A weekly average can really help when you are going through swings like this. It's a drag when you have a nice low day on your actual weigh-in day, but it gives you a clear idea from week to week if you're steadily going up or down, or just sticking on one spot. Give it a try!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 968 Member
    @eggfreak I have thought about doing that too from time to time. It is really annoying when you gain and lose the same few pounds again and again. You can do this!

@jugar Sounds like you have had a good time lately. Sounds like you have a great plan for yourself and I have no doubt you will have things under control soon. Just one perfect day, right!
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    CW: 219.2 😁
  • jugar
    Where are the rest of the Wednesday people? Running on high summer time, I see... Get those numbers in -
    @EvMakesChanges
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @MoStacy

Ready for Thursday?
    @ashleycarole86
    @eggfreak
    @marsipan100
    @bowens1973

Still hoping to hear from
    @MandiSaysHey
    @CurvyCalorie

Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    07/28 exercise - 13162 steps

Today was my six month anniversary on the journey. Felt reflective about the milestone (in a good way). Happy to be here.

Still feeling lazy/blah and activity was low through supper- a short walk at lunch and a wander around a farmers market, but was low on steps. So, put on the shoes and ended my night with a walk... while not my preferred time, I enjoyed it once I got out.

Busted out five push-ups while I was out too! The daily push up goal is working 💪

@eggfreak agree with the others.. good way to level out the whole psychological side of weighing in.

@jugar thanks for sharing. Love the plan- you've got this (one way or another)!!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    I managed to survive the 'dark days' which ended on Tuesday as anticipated. Saw the lowest number of the year on the scales this morning so hoping to be in the 77's soon. We've a social weekend and I will certainly be going over my calorie goal, meaning Monday's number may well not be in the 77s.

I'm planning to get a run in this evening, as I've not been out running since Saturday, though we did do 7.5 miles walking on Tuesday night. My running medal for July is for 25 miles, and I have 1.4 to go to complete that. I think July has been a little lighter on running than previous months for various reasons, but as we've got the 10k coming up in November, I'm aiming to clock more miles in August.

Hopefully the boiler replacement will be finished today, and then I can reward myself with a warm shower after the run.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 680 Member
    @jugar CW 153
  • ashleycarole86
    Username ashleycarole86

PW 227.4
    CW 226.4
This discussion has been closed.