WaistAways-July Chat 2021

1202122232426»

Replies

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Saturday weigh in

CW 198.8

Not much to report. Heading out the door. Wasn’t the best week food wise. Too many snacks.

Talk to you later.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,036 Member
    micki48 wrote: »
    Saturday weigh in

CW 198.8

Not much to report. Heading out the door. Wasn’t the best week food wise. Too many snacks.

Talk to you later.

Never complain about a week with a loss however small! Here's to a lower snack count in August!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,036 Member
    OK. Don't panic. I'm trying not to - but there are several blank spaces for weigh-ins :grimace:

Get these in by crack of dawn tomorrow, ok? Let's finish the month without a pile of NWIs! (no-weigh-ins)
    @MandiSaysHey
    @CurvyCalorie
    @Pearl4686
    @evangsimmons170

And @Gidgitgoescrazy - hop in there with a starting weight. Ideally, this is today's. A guess will do if you did not weigh yourself this morning!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    CW 87.1
    Struggling :'(
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    @planemonkey Congrats on a successful maintenance. As someone who has never maintained his weight, I am super impressed!

And wow, I am honoured you want to share my pics. What"s his height though?
    In my experience, it's even more inspiring when you see someone of your stats drop the pounds. There is a subreddit ( https://www.reddit.com/r/progresspics/) where they have grouped progress pics based on height. You will find it on the right side after a bit of scrolling. It's super helpful I think. I took a screenshot to show you guys

He's 6'1" but he just turned 50 this year and hasn't accepted that his metabolism isn't the same as when he was 25 and a smoker. He still thinks he should get to eat and drink large quantities and he will burn it off just existing or having a cigarette to curb his appetite if he didn't want to overindulge. That's not an option anymore as he's been a non-smoker for 7 years now.

I'm sure your photo will be an inspiration to him. His self confidence has taken a hit in the last decade as he put on most of the weight. He was an athlete and super fit until his mid thirties then life got in the way and the slow slide began, unlike me who has yoyo'd a few times, so I know what works to lose the weight, I just have to work on maintenance and I now know that accountability like this group is what it takes for me.

In my 2 week hiatus from logging this month I still weighed myself every couple of days and tracked it in the app. I bounced around a bunch but anytime I got closer to the top of my maintenance range or I thought about going for that extra portion of snacks, I heard all of your voices in my mind encouraging me to do better for myself. It's the best!

@sunny9847 my thoughts are with you. My father has been living with dementia for years now but really, it's my mother who is living with it more as she has to watch her husband's decline. Yours is not an easy road but I hope you are able to get the best care possible for your husband and support for yourself.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,127 Member
    Exercise 07/31 - 8,030 steps
This discussion has been closed.