WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2021

Replies

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    Margaret - I have a gadget that sucks out stings. It even works on mosquito bites. I bought it to take to tropical climes years ago. I'm sure you can get them on Amazon for next time! It's a plunger with different sized nozzles.
    Sorry about your attack. DH is currently suffering from a collection of mosquito bites he got at the cricket. Of course, I offered him the sucker, but he declined. :# He did use my Afterbite pen though. Bit better today.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx where the rain hasn't arrived yet. ;)

I'd love to know the name of that gadget for our upcoming trip.

Tina in CA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,435 Member
    Lisa, that Levi, he's so adorable! 💕💖
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,042 Member
    Tracey I have had wasps try to set up household on sons deck. I catch them early. I blast it with water and then spray the area with peppermint oil. The wasps that got me were in neighbors yard. I was try to water our tree and put the hose over the privacy fence. They have an old wooden deck. The house is vacant most of the time because they live in Oklahoma and only come up about 3-4 times a year. That is why I put my hose over the fence no one is watering next door and we are in a drought. Our trees are suffering as a result. This tree is close to their lot.

As I feeling much better today but it is scary. Heather I don't know how effective that would be with wasps. They inject their venom and do not leave a stinger. I assume you could only work on one sting at a time. I do think the mud pack drew out some of the venom because it's purpose is to draw out impurities when you use it on your face. I quickly applied it to all my stings. You can buy small packets. I think I will get some to have in an emergency kit along with benadryl. I had 5 stings but some of the wasps stung me more than once.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,505 Member
    Got another MS Donation from my sis, I’m over my first goal of $500! We will c if I can make it to 1k
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,028 Member
    I'm having a semi-productive day. Got sheets in the laundry, paid a bill, tried on my bathing suit. It still fits but not snug. Loose is okay as I don't plan to be that active. I plan to go tubing on the Shenandoah in two weeks.

I did weigh in today, and somehow I lost more than I expected. Yay!

Last time I got stung, it got infected. No fun. Take care!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,042 Member
    Rebecca I planted some forget-me-nots at sons house such a delightful flower.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Afternoon ladies
    Well i bave been out and about ordered yarn and a crochet hook from Joann Fabrics,ugh got the wrong size hook,will try and return it. And ordered the right size on amazon,because of my points I got it for free.
    Tracy and I went out we stopped at Walmart so she could get prenatal vitamins and then over to Joann Fabrics to pick my stuff up.took herto lunch at Panera.. that girl is full of anxiety. Can only eat certain stuff supposedly because of the IVF and she is freaking out financially because the OB office sent her a letter saying she has to pay them 6000 at time of delivery and they dont take payment plans,they said something about a global package that everything is combined and she is trying to figure out where the money will come from..
    She is just worrying herself sick...ugh
    I took information to see if I can call insurance and help her figure it out.
  • pipcd34
    Kkkkkkkklk
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,903 Member
    :)Dana fromIllinois it is never too late to start on this thread. We will keep going again in August. Keep coming back. This is a great place for support and encouragement
    <3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Cheryl4808Spark
    Cheryl4808Spark Posts: 5 Member
    Hi there! So good to see SparkPeople here. I’m still getting used to MFP. Is it worth it to get Premium? Seems so pricey when SparkPeople was free and amazing.
  • Whidislander
    Rebecca I planted some forget-me-nots at sons house such a delightful flower.
    Nice! They are such a sweet flower!
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Beth near Buffalo. Yes me too! I think the higher ups just didn't want to open that large can! Being that they weren't earing masks either!
    Rebecca
  • pipcd34
    I’m up to $645 !!! I may make it to the 1k so I can earn my jersey after all!😃
  • pipcd34
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 53min 39sec, 2.96ap, 187elev, 82ahr, 112mhr, 8.69mi= 858c
    Strava app = 1052c

Was going to ride but ended up making another batch of doggie treats for yogi instead. We got a retractable sliding screen door for the front door too. No more screen door, it was falling apart